Building Tolerance For Medical Patient

GenYHippie

Hey all. Im still new to the MJ thing and am finding it hard to medicate. I have pretty much no tolerance at all which means I am getting the negative effects without getting enough in me to get to the positive ones. Im extremely prone to racing heart and dizziness which is hard to get through when you already feel so horrible.

Right now ive been vaping at night so I can at least be in quet and dark while I wait out the bad effects. I feel better in the AM if I vaped the previous day so I do get benefits just not enough to make a significant impact yet.

For instance last night 1 small hit of Kens GDP level 4 on Solo had me sick for hours :(. Ive been doing ok with Querkle so far but it isn't providing what I need. Im not opposed to relaxation but it would be better without the never ending nausea ive had for years.

Im not sure the best way to go about building some tolerance. I have tried taking single small hits throughout the day on other strains but then I wasn't getting relief and seemed to just be prolonging the bad effects so I only stuck with that for a week before I couldn't take spending all day between the couch and bathroom.

For now I stick to using daily unless I think its going to make things worse. Some is better than none I figure but im not sure how long to give it before trying to up the dose. meh im rambling last nights GDP incident has be discouraged. Medically im at the end of the line so its MJ or sit around an wait to die so im sticking with it for better for worse just wish I weren't feeling so much of the worse recently.

Im scouting out some of the weaker indicas hoping it will be harder for me to accidently overdo it on small amounts. Got any advice for me?

Hi GenYHippie,

Just curious, are you taking any man made meds? If so and you don't mind sharing could you list them. What reason/reason's are you medicating for? This information is needed to help you to some of your questions. I was having some of the same issues as you experienced, just need those questions answered to move forward. Thank you.

Motoco 1982

Hi GenYHippie,

Just curious, are you taking any man made meds? If so and you don't mind sharing could you list them. What reason/reason's are you medicating for? This information is needed to help you to some of your questions. I was having some of the same issues as you experienced, just need those questions answered to move forward. Thank you.

Motoco 1982

Hi Motoco 1982 lol sorry forgot that part I shouldn't post after OM indica hahaha.

RX -
Zofran (Ondansetron) - Nausea
(Hyoscyamine) - Nausea/Cramping/Pain

OTC -
Benedryl (Diphenhydramine) - Nausea/Allergies
Azo Pain Relief - Interstital Cystitis Pain
Aleve (Naproxen Sodium) - Pain
Gas-X (Simethicone) - Obvious ;)
Equate Liquid Antacid - GERD Pain

Supplements -
Digest Spectrum Enzymes
Zinc Gluconate
Peppermint
Ginger
Vitamin D3

Im down a few meds right now because I had to go off them for tests that keep getting postpones but these are my regular ones.

Hi Motoco 1982 lol sorry forgot that part I shouldn't post after OM indica hahaha.

RX -
Zofran (Ondansetron) - Nausea
(Hyoscyamine) - Nausea/Cramping/Pain

OTC -
Benedryl (Diphenhydramine) - Nausea/Allergies
Azo Pain Relief - Interstital Cystitis Pain
Aleve (Naproxen Sodium) - Pain
Gas-X (Simethicone) - Obvious ;)
Equate Liquid Antacid - GERD Pain

Supplements -
Digest Spectrum Enzymes
Zinc Gluconate
Peppermint
Ginger
Vitamin D3

Im down a few meds right now because I had to go off them for tests that keep getting postpones but these are my regular ones.

Thank you for the information. I was looking for any drugs like blood pressure, sleeping meds, pain meds. Glad I don't see any of those prescribed, but over the counter is just as bad in my opinion and are band-aids with side effects.

A lot of folks get racy hearts and dizzy even for the experienced users. Sativas do it mostly for me. Indica not as much. Fact is smoking MJ while has many qualities only has about 10% of medical value compared to cannabis concentrated oil which is about 90%. I smoke MJ for a mood enhancer (I don't drink alcohol or man made drugs, my choice) and it works like a gem for mild nausea for quick relief.

I would suggest looking into cannabis concentrated oil. The strains I would suggest is a high CBD strain like Harlequin, AC/DC, Cannotinic, etc. mixed in with something like a Blue Dream 50/50 hybrid to tame down the energy level. Even blended in with a good Indica for more calmness. This would be your a.m./day medication. For night use the same Indica you used to tame down the UP of the sativa/CBD strains. These strains recommended are for inflammation /pain, nausea, general wellness during the day and a great sleep at night. Inflammation and pain cause many aliments and is impossible to get a healthy sleep. Also the strains I recommended are only used as a guideline. They work excellent for your symptoms.

I would mix the buds together before making the concentrate. Example: 1 ounce CBD strain with 2 ounces of 50/50 hybrid or 2 ounces of indica. Then proceed to make the concentrate. If you don't make the concentrate look into how or find a trusted person who does and tell them this is what you want and if possible use organic grown cannabis extracted with a food grade carrier. Again, just a suggestion.
Taken properly the concentrated oil will be much more than a band-aid and not only start taking the pain away but starts healing and repairing damaged organs as well as your overall wellness starts to improve.

This would be a life changer for you. It might seem somewhat overwhelming but if your serious about getting better with a natural medication this is a avenue I would highly recommend.

I hope this gave you some direction. Any more questions please ask, someone will chime in to help.

:Namaste:

Thank you for the information. I was looking for any drugs like blood pressure, sleeping meds, pain meds. Glad I don't see any of those prescribed, but over the counter is just as bad in my opinion and are band-aids with side effects.

A lot of folks get racy hearts and dizzy even for the experienced users. Sativas do it mostly for me. Indica not as much. Fact is smoking MJ while has many qualities only has about 10% of medical value compared to cannabis concentrated oil which is about 90%. I smoke MJ for a mood enhancer (I don't drink alcohol or man made drugs, my choice) and it works like a gem for mild nausea for quick relief.

I would suggest looking into cannabis concentrated oil. The strains I would suggest is a high CBD strain like Harlequin, AC/DC, Cannotinic, etc. mixed in with something like a Blue Dream 50/50 hybrid to tame down the energy level. Even blended in with a good Indica for more calmness. This would be your a.m./day medication. For night use the same Indica you used to tame down the UP of the sativa/CBD strains. These strains recommended are for inflammation /pain, nausea, general wellness during the day and a great sleep at night. Inflammation and pain cause many aliments and is impossible to get a healthy sleep. Also the strains I recommended are only used as a guideline. They work excellent for your symptoms.

I would mix the buds together before making the concentrate. Example: 1 ounce CBD strain with 2 ounces of 50/50 hybrid or 2 ounces of indica. Then proceed to make the concentrate. If you don't make the concentrate look into how or find a trusted person who does and tell them this is what you want and if possible use organic grown cannabis extracted with a food grade carrier. Again, just a suggestion.
Taken properly the concentrated oil will be much more than a band-aid and not only start taking the pain away but starts healing and repairing damaged organs as well as your overall wellness starts to improve.

This would be a life changer for you. It might seem somewhat overwhelming but if your serious about getting better with a natural medication this is a avenue I would highly recommend.

I hope this gave you some direction. Any more questions please ask, someone will chime in to help.

:Namaste:

yeah I would like to get off a lot of it. The naproxen I don't usually take regularly just small doses (1/4 to one tab when 2 tabs is recommended) during flares and my cycle. I tried a hybrid today Hawaiian Mango that wasn't too bad for the racing an dizziness. The first 10 - 15 minutes were more sativa-ish then the next hour and a half were more indica. I can deal with that not one I can go out and run errands on but for around the house its fine.

I do want to get into oils and edibles but my first experience with them wasn't good. I missed al the good effects and ended up miserable on the couch for hours. All that off 1/2 of a muffin that only had 1/8th of a teaspoon of ground MJ in it to begin with. My dispensary at home just started carrying RSO and its in a syringe or ease of use :D! Im waiting till im home and its closer to when 4/20 sales start.

They did just add harlequin at home as well. I tried cannatonnic and it wasn't a good experience so im proceeding with caution even on the low psychoactive strains. I don't drink either my body wont tolerate it and I wasnt a huge fan anyways no big loss. I haven't tried blending anything yet, but I hadn't had any steady results at the time. Now that I know querkle is ok and maybe the Hawaiian mango I should give it a try.

I appreciate the guidance on mixing I know its all an individual experiment but having a starting point saves me some goof ups along the way :). I only buy in grams (maybe an 1/8th for salve) due to budget issues. I have yet to go through and entire gram and ive had my card sine mid January im a serious lightweight lol.

Im comfortable with infusing like i do for salves but anything past that I would go to someone who already knows how to do it. I really appreciate the advice :) thank you!

yeah I would like to get off a lot of it. The naproxen I don't usually take regularly just small doses (1/4 to one tab when 2 tabs is recommended) during flares and my cycle. I tried a hybrid today Hawaiian Mango that wasn't too bad for the racing an dizziness. The first 10 - 15 minutes were more sativa-ish then the next hour and a half were more indica. I can deal with that not one I can go out and run errands on but for around the house its fine.

I do want to get into oils and edibles but my first experience with them wasn't good. I missed al the good effects and ended up miserable on the couch for hours. All that off 1/2 of a muffin that only had 1/8th of a teaspoon of ground MJ in it to begin with. My dispensary at home just started carrying RSO and its in a syringe or ease of use :D! Im waiting till im home and its closer to when 4/20 sales start.

They did just add harlequin at home as well. I tried cannatonnic and it wasn't a good experience so im proceeding with caution even on the low psychoactive strains. I don't drink either my body wont tolerate it and I wasnt a huge fan anyways no big loss. I haven't tried blending anything yet, but I hadn't had any steady results at the time. Now that I know querkle is ok and maybe the Hawaiian mango I should give it a try.

I appreciate the guidance on mixing I know its all an individual experiment but having a starting point saves me some goof ups along the way :). I only buy in grams (maybe an 1/8th for salve) due to budget issues. I have yet to go through and entire gram and ive had my card sine mid January im a serious lightweight lol.

Im comfortable with infusing like i do for salves but anything past that I would go to someone who already knows how to do it. I really appreciate the advice :) thank you!

Thank you for more insight. A lot of people get turned off by concentrated oil just as you mentioned. They become euphoric and stay clear. I was not referring to digesting/smoking oils. I was referring to taking the oil correctly with no euphoric and taking the concentrated oil properly is a whole different ballgame. Many well versed travelers that has been around MJ for years have no clue.
So much mis-information out in cyber space no one knows what to believe. You asked for guidance and I'm handing it to you on a silver platter :high-five: With your bad experience on the concentrated oil this could be your calling to get back up on the horse and re-think your trails and errors. Please read this post, you would be interested in the PM/Wellness dose.
Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method
Straight up, smoking/digesting/edibles is not the cure your looking for to treat your aliments, in fact can make some worse.

Don't give up because in the past the knowledge wasn't present. Educate yourself with knowledge from people who care about helping people and not selling their wares. In a lot of cases they want to help but have gotten the incorrect information to pass on. So your already at the correct place on how to do it at 420 Magazine :thumb:

Best of luck on whatever decision you make.

Motoco

Thank you for more insight. A lot of people get turned off by concentrated oil just as you mentioned. They become euphoric and stay clear. I was not referring to digesting/smoking oils. I was referring to taking the oil correctly with no euphoric and taking the concentrated oil properly is a whole different ballgame. Many well versed travelers that has been around MJ for years have no clue.
So much mis-information out in cyber space no one knows what to believe. You asked for guidance and I'm handing it to you on a silver platter :high-five: With your bad experience on the concentrated oil this could be your calling to get back up on the horse and re-think your trails and errors. Please read this post, you would be interested in the PM/Wellness dose.
Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method
Straight up, smoking/digesting/edibles is not the cure your looking for to treat your aliments, in fact can make some worse.

Don't give up because in the past the knowledge wasn't present. Educate yourself with knowledge from people who care about helping people and not selling their wares. In a lot of cases they want to help but have gotten the incorrect information to pass on. So your already at the correct place on how to do it at 420 Magazine :thumb:

Best of luck on whatever decision you make.

Motoco

I have read the RSO article you linked but its not an ideal way for me to dose. I have a lot of derm issues which extand to my gums so rolonged contact with anything and rubbing is a bad bad idea. Im not opposed to trying it but in general weaker stuff (food toothpaste etc) causes blistering and skin slippage :(.

My bad experience wasn't concentrated oil. Its was ground up strawberry kough stirred into a muffin before baking. Thanks for the info I will keep on with the reading :)

Completely understood. Didn't know that part, thank you. Sure hope you find some solution, possibly vaporizing with a quality vaporizer?
Possibly someone can chime in with similar issues and have a resolve for you. Best of luck GenYHippie. :Namaste:

Completely understood. Didn't know that part, thank you. Sure hope you find some solution, possibly vaporizing with a quality vaporizer?
Possibly someone can chime in with similar issues and have a resolve for you. Best of luck GenYHippie. :Namaste:

Like I said I dont mind trying as long as I can use the RSO another way (like topical or eating it) then its not a waste) I just dont think the odds are in my favor for the gums method. I do have a solo been using it for maybe 6 - 8 weeks I just have to keep trying strains till I find one that helps without amplifying my other health issues

Back
Top Bottom