Passive/Active

BrianBuds

Hi Guys I'm just curious. I have my 4" AC Infinity exhausting out the 3x3 tent to my window. I have the 2 passive air vents open at bottom of tent.
My question is: I have my old Inline fan can I use this to push fresh air in as well or is it better to just leave the bottom 2 air vents open.
Thanks guys just wondering if it makes a difference.

20210926_132259.jpg

If you dont have any heat issues leave it be why waste power.But i dont like leaving vents open one the light two sound of my flitter fan and three sucking the dust to the vents but thats me.;)

If I close off those 2 vent flaps at bottom of tent is that ok or is my tent gonna self suck itself too much??

If you was to close them all up , you might need the intake fan im in the uk so smell also plays a big factor in me
keeping things sealed tight.

But Negative pressure hook up the intake and it will of set the out take or leave one at the back open maybe.

Ok cool I'm just testing new ways out :) the AC Infinity does awesome already just with flaps open on bottom.

I have a G.A.S controller which helps me out with Negative pressure / tent sucking in ,
But summer that goes out the window and everything is just full.
Sounds like you got a plan ;)

Well if it is not broken why fix it ?

To be honest my first grow tent was a 3x3 with a 4 inch inline fan passive intake & active exhaust out the room it worked just fine apart from some really hot days in the middle of summer... but ye a valid method of air exchange.

Providing negative pressure of the tent is applied for odour control & temps are in check ya fine.

If you really want to go down the active intake & exhaust route....

Intake fan needs to be smaller in volume of air supplied to active exhaust & volume of air removed to create negative pressure in the tent... a fine line to pull this off !

Measurements maybe referred to cubic feet per minute to cubic meters per hour depending on where you come from & as you can imagine some wild maths to do to calculate this sizzle for exchange of air :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom