Perpetual Double Dutch Grow

Snivitz

Hi guys, this will be my first perpetual grow on this scale and would love some advice :)

Im planing a 48 plant harvest once every 4 weeks but a 2 week turn around would be better :)

Iv'e got 60 feminized Double Dutch Beens from Serious Seeds (Magus genetics) but i am on such a tight time schedule that i can not wait the time it takes to grow mothers and then take cuttings, so it had to be a lot of fem beens.

Im just struggling to get all the timings right in my head at the min and could use some help, the seeds will be started this week.

Also will 8 healthy mothers be able to sustain a 2-4 week turn around on a grow this size?

Heres a quick diagram of my rooms and equipment (i also have another 8 pot wilma, intake & out-take fans etc etc)

gop.jpg

How would you do it with my rooms and setup ?

Thanks a million guys :)

Go big or go home, huh? I can't imagine harvesting 48 plants every 2-4 weeks! But its fun to think about :thumb:

So you have 60 seeds, 8 of which need to become mothers. That leaves 52 seeds to start with. You said you're on a tight time schedule so I assume all of these will be started together?

Your 8 mothers will be growing at the same rate as the other 52 plants. Say you switch those 52 to 12/12 after 3 weeks of veg. Your mothers will probably need another week or so before you can take cuttings.
Given the cuttings root in 7-10 days, your flowering plants would be about 3 weeks in when the new 48 start veg. That works.

Problem is you would need new cuttings 14 days or so after your last cuttings. If you could take 12 cuttings from 4 mothers, that would leave the other 4 mothers to give cuttings in another 2 weeks!

Thats it yarddog, its a lot of work but why not :)

Yea all beens will be started together.

Maybe i was a bit hasty about a harvest every 2 weeks on second thought :)
If i harvest every month i should only need to take cuttings once a month instead of fortnightly, right??

12 cuttings of each mother a month still seems a lot to ask of them, i think i should add another 4 mothers, 12 total, better safe than sorry.

Cheers for the reply :)

Back
Top Bottom