PH for late flowering

Stunned

I'm growing in coco and keep nutes in the 5.6 to 5.8 range
Very recently noticed what appears to be a calcium deficiency
I know calcium is best taken up by the plant at 6.2 and slightly above
My question is at that stage of the plant's life, late flowering
Should PH be kept at 6.0 tp 6.2?

I get certain plants that need more than others. I just up the calmag turn them individually.

Coco and LED's means higher calcium intake. Some base nutes for coco have extra calcium, magnesium and iron. What nutrients are you running and at what strength?

Well, how much calcium are you giving the plant and how late in flower are you?
so... I noticed that I had some spotting on the edges of the upper leaves at about day 35 of flower and that the buds seemed to slow down growth compared to the the plants. I'm growing 3 different strains, so comparing what one plant does compared to another is pretty useless

What nutrients are you running and at what strength?
I had been giving 2.5ml/gal calmag along with the GH Flora lineup under fairly intense 4 X QB 288's

2 days ago, I flushed the plant with a solution PHed at 6.2 and 5ml calmag/gal along with a mild addition of micro and bloom nutes
1 day ago I did the same and when I checked today I think just maybe I'm seeing a bit of recovery, but maybe it's just my wishful thinking. I'll continue to monitor and feed at the higher PH looking for stability.
This experience though made me think that maybe the plants want a higher PH though during flower, and I had heard someone mention the same thing awhile back. I can't remember who, but I wondered if in general this is a good idea or a thing

The GH flora series doesn't have much in the way of calcium when compared to something like Advanced Nutrients coco series. If they are looking better now then that just may be the increase that was needed. The only problem that you may run into is the N may get to high with the additional calmag. The nice thing with the GH line is you can decrease the amount of grow in the mix.

I run my coco grows at 5.8-5.9 but I know a lot of guys run it at 6. Out of the 4 I have growing now one plant requirres more calmag than the others. Give it some time to see if that is enough.

I know I had to increase calmag from 2ml per gallon to 4 ml when I switched from FF nutes to Jack’s to account for no CM in the nutes. I use FFHF soil so I know there’s not much in there.

I have read somewhere about adjusting the ph to make it more acidic at the end of flower but I think it was on the theory to affect flavor and smell like gardeners do to tomatoes.

Back
Top Bottom