PH in my res not staying stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

lushgreen

Before I go out and blow a grand on a Hanna PH controller / doser, is there anything I can do to keep my drip to waste reservoir PH from continually climbing? I have been having a continual battle with rising PH since I switched from hand watering (start of this grow, just gone to 12/12). I have a 140 litre reservoir that is kept outside of the growroom in a dark spot. Temps have been a bit high as it is peak summer. Res hitting 27 celcius.

Currenly using the House and Garden line as follows:

Week 1 flowering:

3mls per Litre Coco A + B
0.5m/l Nitrogen
0.3ml/l Roots Exelerator
1ml/l Amino
1ml/l Multizyme
0.1ml/l Drip clean

also using 2ml/l of Canna Rhizotonic.

My reasons for suggesting an automatic doser is that I would like to spend more time looking at my lovely plants rather than a PH meter, it would also allow me to go away for a week :)

Anyone have any experience with automatic dosing machines? I am looking at the Hanna BL 7916
pH Controller & Chemical Dosing Pump, BL 7916 | HANNA Instruments, USA

Been using the doser for over a year. Works brilliantly. Allows me to leave my grow unattended for up to 10 days.

about $1000AUD, was more than wanted to pay but was worth it as it is lab quality equipment and I don't expect to replace it anytime soon. When the pump doses it is a little louder than I'd have liked but it only pumps once every once in a while (an audible clack). About as loud as a grand father clock ticking. Can just hear it clack through the garage wall in the lounge room if the TV isn't loud.
Bluelab have brought out a pH doser unit recently which looks great and is quieter and a bit cheaper so if I had to buy another one, I'd probably go with that one.

Automatic hydroponic feeding system managed by Dosetronic Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom