PH issue, nute burn help!

greenleafpharm

temp and humidity are all good. Im growing in coco. I charged the coco before transplanting. they are clones and i had them for a few days so they're about 2 weeks old. I fed them over 500 ppm at 6.2 Ph for the first few feedings. i knew it was going to cause me problems but i thought since in coco they might need the extra nutrients since they are freshly transplanted. boy was i wrong. i woke up to them looking like this. some leaves that weren't pictured were also tacoing up and new leaves would tangle. so i did my research and i flushed them each with over a gallon at 320 ppm's and a 5.8 ph. am i screwed or will they be good? will this affect the over all health of the plant for down the road? and how long will the plants take to recover because I for sure over fed with the nutes and the Ph didn't help either.
IMG_0289.jpg
IMG_0286.jpg
IMG_0288.jpg
IMG_0287.jpg
IMG_0290.jpg

Hi Greenleaf. Welcome. I'll just dive in: nutrient "issues" with coco refers to its habit of holding on to Cal and Mag. In my experience mostly Ca. You should make your nutrient solution by first adding silica (if you use it...and you should) then your cal mag to 150ppm. Stir well then add your base nutes and additives.
A little about ph. Think of it as a range not a point. Ph will fluctuate. We generally start low, 5.5-5.8, expecting it to rise over time. It will. If you use tap water, it definitely will. It's totally ok it's expected and natural, as different nutrients are available to the plant at different ph values.
And lastly, there should be no permanent damage. Those leaves with the rust colored blemishes will stay that way.
If you have any more questions, even 1, you can call on me by typing @Mj76 in your reply. I'll come. :ganjamon:

Hi Greenleaf. Welcome. I'll just dive in: nutrient "issues" with coco refers to its habit of holding on to Cal and Mag. In my experience mostly Ca. You should make your nutrient solution by first adding silica (if you use it...and you should) then your cal mag to 150ppm. Stir well then add your base nutes and additives.
A little about ph. Think of it as a range not a point. Ph will fluctuate. We generally start low, 5.5-5.8, expecting it to rise over time. It will. If you use tap water, it definitely will. It's totally ok it's expected and natural, as different nutrients are available to the plant at different ph values.
And lastly, there should be no permanent damage. Those leaves with the rust colored blemishes will stay that way.
If you have any more questions, even 1, you can call on me by typing @Mj76 in your reply. I'll come. :ganjamon:
hey thanks!! i really appreciate it. few days later they already look better! most of those messed up leaves have died off now and the new growth looks good. only thing thats worrying me is the stems are purple. so i don't know about that

also one of the additives i use is rhino skin from AN, and it has silica in it. is that good or should i use silica blast, my friend uses it and loves it so was thinking of grabbing it but i don't know if its the same thing as rhino skin or not?? thanks!!

They're both potassium silicate products. They're all gonna be comparable to each other. I would recommend Protekt. High Silica, low dosage.
So the stems are still dark purple huh? I've never had that happen but they should calm down once you have your feed worked out.

Back
Top Bottom