PH issue? Old grower scratching my head

greenmobster440

I'm a bit concerned about my ph. It rises daily to about 6.8 in a 12 gal tub. Temps in the tub are running 71-73. That's not bad and should not effect the levels. Now I know as the plants feed the pH will go up. I'm seeing the ppm go down through the week but do these young plants really feed that much? I mean I have one root out of the netpot..lol. I'm thinking in my past I don't remember the pH rising this fast with young plants. Am I just overthinking all this?
Currently using SaferGro PH down. Do other products out there stabilize pH better in dwc.

I'm a bit concerned about my ph. It rises daily to about 6.8 in a 12 gal tub. Temps in the tub are running 71-73. That's not bad and should not effect the levels. Now I know as the plants feed the pH will go up. I'm seeing the ppm go down through the week but do these young plants really feed that much? I mean I have one root out of the netpot..lol. I'm thinking in my past I don't remember the pH rising this fast with young plants. Am I just overthinking all this?
Currently using SaferGro PH down. Do other products out there stabilize pH better in dwc.
I get the same thing for a few days till it settles ,I just keep adjusting it .

Awesome to hear that Absorber. I've been scratching my bald head for days wondering if I was doing something wrong..lol.
I think some nutrients do it
Im using Cyco and it does it but my budright nutrients don't do it .💁‍♂️

I'm using TPS One. Maybe that's the culprit..lol I'm gonna have to search around and find others using these nutes to see if they're having any issues. I've heard this nute can be a bit hot if applied as directed so I've im going 2/3 strength to what they suggest. Thanks for the help.

Res temp >=71° F - are you using bennies or running sterile? At those water temps, you might start growing more than cannabis.

Has your pH pen/meter been calibrated IAW mfg recommendations?

How about a photo of the roots? Do they smell//does the res smell like "fresh dirt"?

What stage of growth are the plants?

Don't know that family of ferts but pH will rise or drop depending on what is being taken up in the res. What is being taken up from the res varies so, at times, pH will rise, at times it will fall.

Are you seeing any signs that your plants do not have sufficient levels of nutrients?

Nutrient Sufficiency.png

Back
Top Bottom