PH problems

Aratilis

i have a very high soil ph of 8.5 how do i bring this down? I tested this by digital ph tester milwakee 600. took it from the drained water of the plant.

My soil contains 1/3 of each vermiculite, perlite and peat moss.

Another thing, is it ok to use vinegar for lowering ph of water?

Much thanks!

Your run off is that high?

What's the soil read?

How Can I Raise or Lower the pH of my Soil Mix?
Adjusting your soil pH:
Once you have determined the pH of your soil with a good tester, you can amend the soil if needed to accommodate the plants in your garden using inexpensive materials commonly available at your local garden center.

* Adjust soil pH slowly over several days time, and check pH often as you go. Radical changes in pH may cause osmotic shock damage to the roots.

Raising soil pH: (to make it more alkaline)
It is generally easier to make soil mixes more alkaline than it is to make them more acidic. The addition of dolomite lime, hardwood ash, bone meal, crushed marble, or crushed oyster shells will help to raise the soil pH.

6.0 is the ph of the solution.

i dont have a calibration solution, but the seller said that its calibrated to 4.0 solution. Il try to get a calibration solution and PH down too. But in the mean time can i use vinegar? Thanks MCbudz!:)

its a soil mix called Ramgo seedling mix / potting mix , I dont think this has much nutes in it if any, this is all i can find here in Manila. i added dry peat moss, perlite and vermiculite too onepasrt of each in the mix.mm Il try to look for the package and take a photo of this soil mix.

i always water my plants by over pouring the pot and have excess water drain down, i alternate half strength nute solution and plain water every other watering, is this flushing or i should have running water into the pot?

thanks again mcbudz!

its a soil mix called Ramgo seedling mix / potting mix , I dont think this has much nutes in it if any, this is all i can find here in Manila. i added dry peat moss, perlite and vermiculite too onepasrt of each in the mix.mm Il try to look for the package and take a photo of this soil mix.

i always water my plants by over pouring the pot and have excess water drain down, i alternate half strength nute solution and plain water every other watering, is this flushing or i should have running water into the pot?

thanks again mcbudz!

next time its ready for watering flush it with straight water. Use 5 times the capacity of the container. 1 gallon pot flush with 5 gallons of water. Then add water with nutes since we just flushed all good and bad out of the soil. Then check runoff again.

THANKS! how do i administer these so called buffers though? like the lemon juice will i put it inthe soil or use it for ph down of water? cause im using vinegar for ph down adjustment for watering.:peace::bong:

THANKS! how do i administer these so called buffers though? like the lemon juice will i put it inthe soil or use it for ph down of water? cause im using vinegar for ph down adjustment for watering.:peace::bong:

I would add it in small amounts to the solution you are adding to the soil. Do not add anything directly to the soil.

hey man ..... i just checked my run-off and its 6.0...i wonder if Perlite brings ph down..... i may have gotten carried away with the perlite, thinkin it would improve the drainage ability..now, i wonder did fukk up ?? here's the skinny... in a 3'x4'x8' room, i have white widows growing in 5gal pots, with ROOTS ORGANICS soil (recently "up-potted" from 2gal pots.so i'm not adding nutes yet..), supplying co2, under 2- 400 watt hps lights, ventilation is adequate.. I use r/o water, start @ 0 ppm's add Sensi-cal to bring it up to 200 ppm's (i have a Hanna TRI-METER), and adjust ph to 6.5 - 6.7 . i have very healthy plants for the most part, i just recently, however, notice some new growth "twisting" at the budsite:scratchinghead:.. ANYWAYS... DOES TOO MUCH PERLITE IN SOIL CREATE A DROP IN PH ???? THANKS MAN .. i gunna try post photo's..and wait for help...:popcorn::peace:

Mandela seeds recommends using vinegar as a ph down solution. They say it won't cause a salt buildup. (They like it better than using a PH down solution).

Mandela seeds recommends using vinegar as a ph down solution. They say it won't cause a salt buildup. (They like it better than using a PH down solution).

Vinegar tends to be very unstable and you'll constantly be adjusting with it. At least this is what I've read in several places. I've never had salt issues from pH down

Run off at 6.0 isn't too bad. If you PH was good going in and at 6.0 coming out I would not sweat it.

Using PH down requires so little of the fluid I can't imagine it would cause salt issues. I just PH'd a gallon of water and to go from 6.9 to 6.4 took all of 5-6 drops for the entire gallon.

hey man ..... i just checked my run-off and its 6.0...i wonder if Perlite brings ph down..... i may have gotten carried away with the perlite, thinkin it would improve the drainage ability..now, i wonder did fukk up ?? here's the skinny... in a 3'x4'x8' room, i have white widows growing in 5gal pots, with ROOTS ORGANICS soil (recently "up-potted" from 2gal pots.so i'm not adding nutes yet..), supplying co2, under 2- 400 watt hps lights, ventilation is adequate.. I use r/o water, start @ 0 ppm's add Sensi-cal to bring it up to 200 ppm's (i have a Hanna TRI-METER), and adjust ph to 6.5 - 6.7 . i have very healthy plants for the most part, i just recently, however, notice some new growth "twisting" at the budsite:scratchinghead:.. ANYWAYS... DOES TOO MUCH PERLITE IN SOIL CREATE A DROP IN PH ???? THANKS MAN .. i gunna try post photo's..and wait for help...:popcorn::peace:

i know im prob a lil late, but 6.0 is fine, expecially for WW, greenhouse recommends a soil PH of 5.5 for white widow

Back
Top Bottom