pH tester kits different reading?

DeaconFrost

hi guys

I have a question about Flairform pH tester, it says 1 drop in 5ml, so I did a test with it, it reads above 7pH, test the water again with the tester kit I was using for the last 2 weeks which is Nutrafin Aquarium tester for fresh water or salted water, it reads under 6pH, test the water again with a pH meter, not a digital one, it reads under 6pH.

I read a lot of post online recommending the Flairform, but I'm not so sure about using it.

any advice guys very much appreciated

I think with the measurement methods you mentioned, you're going to get close. I've switched to a TDS (total dissolved solids) meter that measures pH too. Here's a little blurb about it.

"The waterproof Hanna Instruments HI 98129 and HI 98130 combination testers offer high accuracy pH, EC / TDS, and temperature measurements in single tester. The Hanna Instruments HI 98129 and HI 98130 combination tester has a large easy-to-read, dual-level LCD, and automatic shut-off. pH and EC / TDS readings are automatically compensated for the effects of temperature (ATC). "

I paid about $150 for the meter.. it is calibrated and accurate.

If you're short on $$, get the aquarium kit Wal-Mart carries for $6. It comes with a vial, test solution and a color card with the pH levels. It's good from 6.0 - 7.0. 6.0 and below is yellow, 7.0 and above turns the water blue. When I used this, I went for very light green, so in the low 6's.

As far as pH testing your water, make sure to fill your container a day ahead of time and let it sit before you balance it. Also, if you're including nutrients, add them first because they'll more than likely affect your pH.

Good luck!

Farmer Rich

Hi Guys, I have used a flairform PH testing solution for years with no problem.
I have done back2back tests with a couple of my mates high quality PH pens.
The results have always been spot on. If you are testing tap water with no nutes it can test differently 3 times in 30 seconds. Tap water can fluctuate like nothin else. Try adjusting ya PH after you add the nutes and see how you go.:peace::Rasta:

Groover - do check out their full nute line. It works wonders!
I know they make some great product. Pythoff being one.
I have just invested quite a few bucks in the whole range of Cyco Platinum nutes and am having fantastic results.
Heres a list of what i got.
Grow A(2-0-0)+ Grow B(2-2-6)
Bloom A(3-0-2) + Bloom(1-5-6)
B1 Boost(2-1-3) + Vitamin B1
Potash Plus(0-4-6) + sulphur (S-1)
Uptake (fulvic) (0-0-3)
Silica(0-0-3) + (Si-6)
Zyme(digestive enzyme like cannazym)
Swell (PK 8-18)
I am using the Bloom Feed Chart from Cyco Platinum.
If you haven't seen it in the Nth Hemisphere The Owner of the company that make it is expanding his exports which he tells me involved changing the name of Fulvic to Uptake. Apparently in the USA and parts of Europe the word"fulvic" can not be used in advertising. Strange hey! Anyways u guys in the nth hemi may see it soon. I can only sing its praises so far. I am in no way involved with the company. I am just posting my opinion but do check it out. I got 2 mates that would use nothin but Canna(they swore by it) They have changed to Cyco and haven't looked back. No more overpriced Canna. Wooo Hooo.:cheer:for Cyco Platinum by S.J.Enterprises Heres the addy if u wanna check it.:peace::ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom