PH too high!

capegrow

I am on day 39 of flower with two blue dreams. Just did a light feeding (ph'd at 6.8 and 7.0). Checked my runoff and I am ph-ing at 8.3. Rut row!!!! Any advice would be great. This is only my second grow. By the way I am getting yellowing on some lower leaves.
420-magazine-mobile1363638263.jpg

I am on day 39 of flower with two blue dreams. Just did a light feeding (ph'd at 6.8 and 7.0). Checked my runoff and I am ph-ing at 8.3. Rut row!!!! Any advice would be great. This is only my second grow. By the way I am getting yellowing on some lower leaves.
420-magazine-mobile1363638263.jpg
Add a nice 1/2 inch of worm castings to the top of your soil. It will lower your soils ph and it will add nitrogen to stop the yellow. Definitely use a compost tea to up your microbes but if you are phing to 6.8 and your runoff is in the 8s your soil is out of balance. The worm castings will help it level out. Then ph to 6.5. No higher. In soil 6.5 is the magic number. The worm castings may form a harder layer as they dry. Use a hand claw tool to crumble them up right before the next watering. By chance is this soil some that you already used in your 1st grow?

How much are you feeding them? I'd do a flush for a few days of just water or a clearing solution and check it again. I personally never check runoff water but I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I just don't. I feed with a compost tea almost every 2-3 days so I avoid these issues and my plants love it. I use plan-B soil and sometimes ffoh.

Hi Pontiac,
I am growing organically. I am using ff big bloom (approx 1tbls) from 1/3 of the way through veg till now. I am also using 2-3tbls of Buddha bloom , 1tbls calmag and 1tbls molasses. I only checked the runoff occasionally. The ironic thing is that approx 2 weeks ago it was around 6

Add a nice 1/2 inch of worm castings to the top of your soil. It will lower your soils ph and it will add nitrogen to stop the yellow. Definitely use a compost tea to up your microbes but if you are phing to 6.8 and your runoff is in the 8s your soil is out of balance. The worm castings will help it level out. Then ph to 6.5. No higher. In soil 6.5 is the magic number. The worm castings may form a harder layer as they dry. Use a hand claw tool to crumble them up right before the next watering. By chance is this soil some that you already used in your 1st grow?

Hi Gee,
Thanks for the tip. I am using the same mixture , but not same actual soil.

Back
Top Bottom