Phenotype variance or a sneaky seed?

UrbanGardner

I am on my second grow ever. I am running Lemon AK Auto from Fastbuds. My first run I dropped 2 seeds and got 1 viable plant. It turned out well. This second run I dropped the remaining 3 seeds from my 5 pack. 2 seeds germinated. White (I used cocktail pics to differentiate) popped first and 4 days later Red popped. Both were planted from the same bag of soil (FFOF), same size pot(3gal fabric). Same fertilizer water schedule etc...

Today starts week 9 and the older they get the more different they look. Not only in size and shape but in color.

What my question to the group is: Is this a phenotype variance or is it possible another seed from a different strain got mixed in? To be honest I never really looked at the seeds to see if there was a major difference.

This is not a big deal but I want to learn.

White Week 9
IMG_0248.jpg

Red Week 9
IMG_0247.jpg

Side by site White on the right
IMG_0249.jpg

As a reference. Here is a photo of my first plant at close to the same age. To me this kind of resembles white.
What do you all think??
IMG_0157.jpg

If they smell alike then it is probably just phenotype. So many new smells around these days. The chances of 2 different strains smelling the same would be rare. They look a bit young for lots of smell so things may still change.

Different phenos of the same named strain can actually be 2 completely different plants with different characteristics and effects.

Different phenos of the same named strain can actually be 2 completely different plants with different characteristics and effects.

That is an interesting concept. I would not be opposed to a more mellow pheno. My first plant is an energetic bullet in the head. But that is what I was looking for....

Back
Top Bottom