Philthegeek, 2019 Grow

Day 60:

Flipped to 12/12 with ballast @ 80% for flowering.

Seemed to me the ballast running quite warm so put a duct on one of the 2, 4 inch exhaust fans so that it now puts air from the top of the tent over the ballast to cool it. Me still getting things too warm but thats just where i live. Air coming out of the tent is about 30 C and varies 28-36 C. But thats cooler than the ballast was running so all good. :)

Day 65: Day 5 Flowering

Pleased to report that 3 of the 4 plants definitely female on the basis of little white hairs. :)

4th not definitive yet, but as all the seeds were from self fertilised slightly hermi females, expect the 4th to be female as well.

Runt plant that got 1 topping and no LST is largley caught up with its sisters. :)

So...all good. Seeyahs!

Got some interesting feedback from a friend today. Gave her some of the seeds i have been using. She passed some onto a friend who moved north to the tropics and planted them outdoors,

Me, have only grown in a tent under lights and all mine have been short and bushy compared to most of what i have seen on 420,

Anyhow, he sent her a photo of his outdoor grow. Dont know how long they have been growing but apparently they have hit 9ft tall??? He is pretty pleased. :)

surprised me.

Day 110: Day 50 of Flowering:

Checked trichomes and surprise surprise had about 30% amber on the female flower bracts.

No sign of male flowers or seeds this grow.

Previous grows have had seeds to harvest so have let them go till seeds mature. This time is different with no seeds to watch.

Plants prior to harvest:

So, there we go. Will dry in the tent the light hung low and the stems hung in the top. Dry until the stem snap rather thna bend has worked well for me before.

Did the trimming thing tonight before hanging to dry.

Be back in a few days to report dry weight and yield. Think this grow may be best quality out of the ones so far. :) Last week or so buds thickened up quite noticeably which fits with what i have read on other peoples journals.

Will do some mods on the watering. Will use same gear for next time but will have:

Drains in the nally bins so i can do a proper flush if needed.

Lots of holes in the sides of the 10 inch pots i use, and then line them with hessian. Hopefully lets more air in and i think, rather then the roots just coming out of the bottom of the pot, will have them out the sides as well. Lots of access to moisture and air in the dark. :)

May set up the spacebox again as well. Will need to do a grow for seed stock next time.

Fun to tinker. :) Seeyahs

Hi all!

Can the mods shift this one to completed journals. :)

Harvested latest grow, dried and weighed.

This grow 5 for me since i got serious about it...sort of... :)

4 plants. 110 days 131.79g total buds. 32.95g/plant 1.92g /day

Compared to previous grows:

20 plants. 99 days 102.85 g total buds 7.2g/plant 1.45g/day
13 plants. 67 days 54g total buds 6.75g/plant 0.81g/day
4 plants. 83 days 120g total buds 30g/plant 1.44g/day
8 plants . 114 days 135g total buds 27g/plant 1.18g/day

So, i think i do better on yield with fewer plants and its less work.

This grow had no seeds at all as none of the 4 plants went hermie.

Next grow will need to do a run in the spacebox again, as well as the main tent to replenish seed supply.

Anyhow, into hiatus on this a while as have some travel and stuff coming up. Reckon i will start again end July / August.

Seeyahs all next time. :)

Back
Top Bottom