Philthegeek, 2019 Grow

Ahh...Pjs420 i have seem before. :) Hi! and be welcome.

Day 22:

All 4 look healthy and seem to have taken the topping and trimming in their stride. The two biggest on the right of the tent look completely fine.

And here a close up of the one in front.

The two on the left of the tent are smaller at the moment. Front one i stuffed up and cut off a leaf i didn't mean too.

Am keeping a closer eye on these as the leaves are possibly looking a little compressed / deformed. Seen that happen in the early stages of a grow before on the first leaves that have more than 3 lobes. They get past it with the next leaves quite easily. Maybe a nutrient thing?? Don't know, not losing any sleep over it, but interested in in opinions??

And the tent overall:

Will see about mixing up some weak nutes (Thive) and neem over the next few days. They are certainly not crying out for anything at the moment. Interesting to see how the stems have thickened up over the last few days. At the moment have 2 going better than the other two, but pleased with all of them. :)

Color on the left ones same same as on the right. The leaves off node 4 are just more folded and compressed looking. Texture when you rub fingers on them is a bit stiffer, but not crinkly or hard.

Day 26:

Gave them a top down feed with 1/2 strength Trive, Fulvic and Neem. Will have to start training on the two larger plants at least by tomorrow to get some initial bends in before the laterals thicken up too much.

All seems to be going well :)

"The one that is super small I might just let grow and not do a whole lot to it. "

Yeah, its healthy, just small and bushy. No way can be trained at the moment unless things stretch out a bit.

Still, have 3 that i think will do wellish.

Day 31:

Did a defol today to thin things out and let some light into the branches.

Am not doing well on the LST training. Stems thickening up a lot and have had some of them breaking.

Tape repairs working well it seems, but cant always do that 3 stems have broke completely where the ties were wrapped.

Have loosened the wraps at the branches, they are now just hooks. Will wait for some of the side branches to grow out and start training with them to fill in the spaces. But, am going to have to wait a few days before touching them again and be a lot more gentle.

Am not very pleased with myself. :( But, not a complete disaster. At least one of these plants will be an oct-liner, not a quadliner. :)

Day 31:

Did a defol today to thin things out and let some light into the branches.

Am not doing well on the LST training. Stems thickening up a lot and have had some of them breaking.

Tape repairs working well it seems, but cant always do that 3 stems have broke completely where the ties were wrapped.

Have loosened the wraps at the branches, they are now just hooks. Will wait for some of the side branches to grow out and start training with them to fill in the spaces. But, am going to have to wait a few days before touching them again and be a lot more gentle.

Am not very pleased with myself. :( But, not a complete disaster. At least one of these plants will be an oct-liner, not a quadliner. :)
It happens all the time when you train your plants. It'll teach you to be a little bit gentler when you are pushing and pulling branches but everyone does it. I consider myself the quadline master and I have been doing my method for a couple years now and I broke 2 of my plants this time! One was pulling to hard and the other was dropping a container on it and sheering the branch off but either way you just learn to roll with the punches and keep on growing. Everything will be just fine in the end whether there is 2 branches or 8 branches!

Day 41:

Have been feeding light nutes, defoled, and more LST. :) 3 of 4 plants doing well. Have one runt though??

The runt is healthy enough, just not doing much. curious?

I reckon next time i should pick one plant (not a runt hopefully), top it once, and let it go with no LST to see how it grows.

Seems to me that the variety i have is a naturally bushy, low grower. Get a bit jealous of some growers here who get 1 plant to pretty much fill a 4x4 tent. :( Still, cant complain as is keeping me modestly, but nicely supplied.

Im actually smoking very little of this. Turning most of what i get into tincture , the leaf only tincs very worthwhile which is good as defol means i get guite a lot of leaf in the freezer over a grow. Tincs are great as they are easy to store, discrete to use, and i prefer the lower level whole body type effect from those.

Had some good news this week as a friend now thinks they have the capacity to run my tincture through a Gas Chromatograph occasionally for analysis. Will be interesting to compare any numbers on THC / CBD levels between what i can grow and make compared to the oils/ tinctures available online.

Anyway, loose plan is to keep them in veg until at least mid March, maybe longer to go a total of 50 - 60 days veg.

For flowering these plants need 7 - 8 weeks (56 -60 days) so looking at harvest late May for a total grow duration around 110-120 days. Will be interesting to see yield in g / day from this one.

Have bumped the light up (1000W HPS) from 50 to 75% on the dimmer but will have to keep an eye on temps.

Seeyahs!

Day 47: All good. Feed with some Seaweed juice and trace elements as leaves a little pale. two weeks to 12/12 flip i think :)

Runt is looking better. :) But am not doing any LST on that one as a comparison.

Day 50: Did a defol on the runt.

Gave all the plants a foliar feed with potash as a pre-flowering treatment to build up a bit of potassium in the system.

Have usually avoided foliar feed as didn't want to wet the leaves in case of fungus. But, i tend to have generally low humidity and they are healthy, no insects so reckon i can get away with it. At the moment my dark period is during the day so turned the light off by advancing the timer an hour or so while there are droplets on the leaves to avoid light burn. Will go on again in 4 hours when the droplets have dried off.

Think i will end up doing 1 more defol and then flip to 12/12 in about 10 days. That will give me the 60 days veg from germination i planned.

Day 59:

Just about ready to flip 12/12. :) Reckon will do that tomorrow on day 60.

Tent on the 2/3/19

Tent on the 19/3/19

Did a feed of flowering Thrive and trace elements. Seems all well though the 3 big plants a little pale.

The runt is actually coming good. Will be an interesting comparison to the others on yield as it was topped once, no LST applied and has had less defoliation. But, it stayed nice and green compared to the others???

Mine normally go somewhat hermi in flower and if i get seed from the runt will keep it separate.

will be interesting to see how much stretch i get as i reckon my variety tends to the low and bushy by nature.

Have actually had about 50g of leaf collected over this grow that i dried and decarbed in the oven last night for doing a tincture with.

Seeyahs all. :)

Back
Top Bottom