Piecing lights & CF extraction kit myself: help for all that is holy

BradleyPittson

420 Member
Hey 420 !

I'm losing my mind trying to buy figure my setup up.

I have purchased a 120x120x200cm grow tent, 6 plants will be in there. I have my bites, my propagation kit, my temp reader, Trellis netting etc.

The guy at the shop told me to buy my own lights and fan/CF kit.

However this seems super hard because I simply get overwhelmed with choices. A 2000w light from kingbo is cheaper than a 300w platinum grow light etc.

Again with the extraction kits, rhino kits on eBay vary wildly in price etc.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm UK based and am looking on eBay and Amazon.

Reccomendations for needed wattage, good brands that are reliable and affordable would be great.

However this seems super hard because I simply get overwhelmed with choices. A 2000w light from kingbo is cheaper than a 300w platinum grow light etc.

When you look at LED grow lights, check out what they draw from the wall. and the quality of the LEDs. That 2000W Kingbo draws 406W with epileds. The 2000W refers to the total maximum power the LEDs can use, not what they use in this design.

The maximum power draw of the platinum unit with both veg and bloom on is 273W, and it only uses 3W LEDs.

If you are stuck on these as your choices, go with the Kingbo. You will need at least two for your tent as most folks here will tell you that 30W/sq ft is the minimum required for LED grow lights. (120 X 120 X 200cm ≈ 26 sq ft 26 * 30W = 780W)
You may need more. I have a King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light, that draws 300W in a 60 X 120cm tent, and I could use more.

Again with the extraction kits, rhino kits on eBay vary wildly in price etc.
I had to look this up. It's an in-line duct fan, and carbon filter. Those Rhino units look noisy. I have a similar fan that I never used due to the noise level.

Hey man thanks for the help. I'm not choosing just between those two, those two lights just highlighted the confusion I was having as a rank beginner. Grugg brain sees 1000w lights and assumed it must be better than the 350w one :D

I'm open to any suggestions for both LED lighting and extraction kits if anyone from the UK knows good options on eBay and Amazon.

From what I can tell I need 800 actual watts, also a light that has veg and bloom settings as I'll be growing photoperiods, seem easier and more forgiving than autos.

As for the extraction kit I've no idea what I want so anyone from UK who can recommend one from said sites I'd be all ears.

How do you find growing for yourself? I can't wait, sick of giving money to thugs for my pain relief, can't wait to not have to anymore :)

Take a look at what our sponsors have to offer. That will give you a much better idea of what to look for in a light. I got so disgusted with the low cost offerings on Amazon and eBay that I decided to build my own along the lines of what Timber Grow Lights offers.

Back
Top Bottom