Pitcher Plants, Venus Fly Traps, and other carnivorous plants

Lemon Paradise

So, I was tending to my girl, and see a few gnats flying around,, that is my only real pest that I am having a hard time getting rid of completely... Neem keeps them down, but I have not seemed to be able to get rid of them completely.

So, maybe I was smoking too much, but I was thinking of getting the
Desktop Carnivorous Plant set from ThinkGeek it has
◦Venus Fly Trap
◦Yellow Trumpet
◦Hooded Pitcher Plant
◦Purple Pitcher Plant
◦Pale Trumpet
◦Temperate Sundew Plants
◦Cobra Lillies

in it..

maybe add some color to the grow room, and kill off the gnats naturally? Anyone else ever think of this, or was I just too far gone? :bong::ganjamon:

Can't offer any advice, but I am interested in how it goes for you. Please let us know, I like this idea.

Interesting idea!

If you did, be careful as any other plants in the room will be vectors for infections and pests themselves.

I have the same problem with very small black thrips, they are never able to set up shop on my plants as the plants are waaaaaay too healthy, but they still annoy me and I'd like to be completely rid of them, too.

I don't use neem, it's too harsh in my opinion, but I agree that a plant that the thrips would be attracted to would be a good idea.

Please do let us know if you try it, I'm curious too to see if it might help! :)

:thanks:

Give it a shot, just be aware that they aren't all that easy to grow.

The environment where they thrive is so lacking in everything a little bit of anything will kill them. They are very easy to 'love' to death.

Let us know how it works out.

DD

I am glad to see that I am not completely off my rocker..lol

If/when I order the kit, I wll definately post back with any info I can get......

Have a great weekend everyone

Cool man I just did the same thing, since you posted this last year, how did it go?

Another way of getting rid of them nats is to dry up the soil to drive them out.(They love the wet) then put them insect sticky pads around and let them catch them. Or just put a layer of sand on top of the soil to stop them getting in and laying eggs. They live in the soil where they plant their eggs and both feed on the roots of your plant and eventually up the stem and with small plants in extremem cases sometimes kiling the young plant.

Back
Top Bottom