Plans for Mello's Perpetual CannaLand Ganja Room

Mello136

Room: 6.25L x 3.75W x 8.25H FT

I want this to be a :420: community design. Be reasonable with the pricing and reasonable with the workload. Your only details are the size of the room and everything else is up for debate. May the master builders arise! :Namaste: :passitleft:

Ok pics are always helpful. So is info like where to find/make vent holes, general temperature/insulation(?), building structure/strength and attachment possibilities, drainage possibilities, stealth requirements, electrical options etc. Will be very interested to help when I have time. :thumb:

From A-Z Weasel. It's more about getting the community involved in an open design project discussion. In turn, actually making it based on the most economical and efficient. A 600 watt HPS/MH system would be awesome for this room. I personally love soil/soilless grow but am open to the air bucket system. No experience with it but it seems simple enough to put to work. Pics up soon.

I can't seem to be able to rotate the images, everything I try is null, even what is recommended in the guidelines.

IMG_79061.JPG
IMG_79051.JPG
IMG_79041.JPG

If you're using a phone, an iphone at any rate, shoot pics with buttons (left side of phone) down, or edit to rotate it to that orientation afterwards. No worries you're hardly the first.

LED and soil. No Co2 to start but a possible for the future. How many plants, how much light, and how tall? SCROG? LST? TOP? LOLLI?

These points mentioned ^ don't much relate to the design of the room, which is what I thought the thread was about, but more to your personal tastes. If you are talking about room design- it's kind of hard to cover all aspects on paper before even starting, especially without wearing out my typing finger. But ...here are a few thoughts.

Re. what is there now. I would remove the black plastic. I would either paint the whole room white, or, especially if you are trying to preserve the existing wainscoting in the lower walls, cover the walls with white plastic or Mylar. For my grow I made the interior walls out of plywood, painted white. It's nice to be able to screw attachments wherever you wish. I don't like walls covered in plastic. Been there, done that.

Re. Building a perpetual grow.
I would make two rooms. After you walk through the existing door you would end up standing in a space the width of the door, a sort of foyer space, with a door on the right and one on the left. The veg would be in whichever room is smaller. It can have two levels because you don't need the full height for veg. Upper level can be storage, or possible cloning space as well if it doesn't get too hot up there. The doors to veg and flower rooms must be light proof and possibly odor proof or at least low odor, and can be made with plastic and zippers, or hinged plywood with latches ( I use the latter type)

Very early on I would think about drainage. The best by far would be actual drains in the floor. Otherwise the best thing to do is build a floor in each grow room, elevated enough to allow you to either install a drain pipe on top of existing floor level, or enough to be able to slide trays, buckets, bins, or whatever underneath the shelf/floor to catch runoff. If you're trying to allow maximum height/headroom you don't need to make space for bins, you can make a catch basin just a few inches deep and put a float switch in it, hooked to a bilge pump. The switch turns on when water level gets a couple inches deep and pumps out the water to wherever. This saves ever hauling buckets of water around.

Besides drainage another important thing to sort out early is venting. I don't grow LED and am not familiar with it. LED doesn't require as much cooling ventilation as HID, but all plants need air and you will need some vents. The out vents have to go somewhere, usually somewhere half-ass stealthy. Usually outside. Ditto the intake vents.

You need at least one dedicated 15 amp breaker. Nice to sort out your wiring and get things nice and tidy to begin with. Get some outlets wired in if you can so there aren't extension cords and power bars festooning the scenery everywhere.

As to LED or HID, whether or not to have a carbon filter, what style to grow, what equipment to use, etc. that's very subjective depending on your situation, but won't make a huge difference to the room design. You have room to run a 600 watt HID in the larger flowering side of the room, with enough veg space in the smaller side to easily supply the needs of the flowering room.

You need room for moving around and you need room for storage. Unless you can store all your supplies outside this space, you are normally looking at being able to grow in about 50% of the floor area, with the rest being dedicated to supplies and operation room. That's also assuming you are putting shelving in every available bit of wall space. Since you don't have much space to spare- I would try to somehow find storage space outside this area for nutes, containers, harvesting supplies, cloning stuff, all kinds of odds and ends which you may want to keep out of the open. This allows you to have space for a 600 watt HID or equivalent LED flowering room.

You need a space to dry your harvest. You may need it to be in the growroom, even though that's not always ideal. Your grow may be the only spot that has a carbon filter to hide the smell. I converted an old fridge into a drying box which you can see on the second or third page of my journal I think. It sits in my flowering room. Works ok though sometimes it dries out the buds just bit faster than I would like.

Get the basic layout and deal with the drainage, venting, basic power supply, door design, interior wall covering, and stealth requirements if it's an issue, and you can add equipment and tweak your growing methods later on.

Hope this helps. It may be a bit sketchy or confusing but I am in a hurry so just rattling off whatever comes to mind.

That's what I'm talkin bout! I see what you mean, that would give me a 2.5 x 3.75 x 8 ft Flower room and a 2.5 x 3.75 x 8 ft veg room with a 1.5 x 3.75 x 8 ft space in between to be in my garden. If I divide my veg room in 2 like you said I could have a seedling station and a veg station with measurements of 2.5 x 3.75 x 4 ft. Wouldn't that give me one plant in flower at a time....? I could have maybe 3 in veg at a time and a lot more than that as seedlings.

I had thought that (you said ?) the door was a couple feet along the wall from one end. I was hoping or something like a 3- 3.5' wide flower room and a 1.5-2' wide veg room with the little foyer part directly in from of the existing entry door. That depends on where that door is though. Gotta run -will be back

I did but the space from the left of the door is wider than the right. That would be for flower and the flower room would be roughly 3.25w x 3.75l x 8 h (I realized I typed 2.5 for w [typo]). Veg would be 3.25w x 3l x 8 h. Veg would be divided top to bottom in 3 sections. 3 ft for veg, 1 ft for seedlings and 2 ft for storage.

Just to make better sense w/o all the numbers, the room will be divided into 3 sections. 1 for flower, a small hall for access, and a veg room (divided into 3 compartments [veg,seedling,storage].

Also, if I am going to scrog and lolli, would it be absolutely necessary to use a 600w hps for flower? I don't necessarily need to penetrate past the canopy.

Back
Top Bottom