Plant getting too high! What to do?

johnybologna

420 Member
One of my outside plants is getting too high. My greenhouse is 2m and it's at 1.90 and growing.
What do I do? I'm hesitant to chop off the top since that's where the biggest bud grows :p

has any buds or pistols appeared yet? If not imo you can safely top it no problem. The nutrients that would have gone to that single larger main cola will be transferred to the 2 shoots below it, however far down you top it. These now 2 new cola's will each equal roughtly the same as what the single larger cola would have. Furthermore you are opening up the middle and allowing light which helps fatten up those lower branches.

If you choose to supercrop it, that works just as easily and you can keep your main larger cola. I've done it to all my plants repeatedly throughout entire grows, although i top my plants for 8 cola's inside a 4x4 indoor tent.. Have you super-cropped before?

EDIT: After realizing they were auto's, i wouldn't top lol.

Thanks for the tips!
I just started supercropping all of them :) In my grow tent I topped (still in early veggie stage), but the greenhouse ones have been flowering for 2-3 weeks, so I didn't top them.

Back
Top Bottom