Plant Growth Regulators

PGRs that usually get talked about in the commercial grower world are to reduce stretch in flower and to make the buds rock hard.
Buds grown with pgrs to finish flowering have a white inside, not green, it collects in the flower. People use it to increase weight. It just shits up quality.

The man made PGRs have been known to contain nasties that cause cancer.

Alfameal , kelp etc is fine.
Theres a saying here that real growers DONT use pgrs.... But stuff like kelp and alfalfa meal etc can be found in products like Amino Treatment...which I use , through I would call it more a growth promoter in those.

I steer away from them. PGRs offering tighter fatter nugs....you will get them, fat nugs of shite, tastless bitch weed.

I use all organic PGR's

Malted organic non-gmo Corn
coconut water - pure
Kelp Meal and kelp tea (foiler)
Willow shoot tea
Malted Barley
Malted buckwheat
Stinging Nettles - tea and leaves
Willow Shoot tea (use on cuts)

I don't use alfalfa. I've had negative result with teas I made with that. Likely my fault, made the tea too strong. I do add it to my compost bin which ends up in my soil mix.

I use water only and add to soil anything that cannot be foilered on. Kelp Tea in VEG is exception.

I don't have nasties building up inside my flowers.

I dont get hard nugs unless there are genetics that help with that type of flower.

I have very large plants.

PGRs are made by the plants mainly in the Apical Meristem (and main root) and new shoots.

Using catalysts like Malted Barley help with the production of these PGRs. Think of these as a sort of signal to the plant to produce more PGRs.

So we can take advantage of what the plant is already making for herself.

Root growth thru VEG is the most important thing for healthy plants. Auxins are a thing that help roots grow big and strong.

Bigger roots bigger shoots.

I also use Aloe Vera and Coconut water for the Gibberellin, auxins, cytokinins and enzymes.
Also add Chitin which in essence is another PGR, acts like one.

I think the PGRs everyone was freaked about way back when were synthetic PGRs.

Synthetic PGRs - yeah should probably look into how they are used in the veggie and fruit business - you know foods that are eaten by people.

I use all organic PGR's

Malted organic non-gmo Corn
coconut water - pure
Kelp Meal and kelp tea (foiler)
Willow shoot tea
Malted Barley
Malted buckwheat
Stinging Nettles - tea and leaves
Willow Shoot tea (use on cuts)

I don't use alfalfa. I've had negative result with teas I made with that. Likely my fault, made the tea too strong. I do add it to my compost bin which ends up in my soil mix.

I use water only and add to soil anything that cannot be foilered on. Kelp Tea in VEG is exception.

I don't have nasties building up inside my flowers.

I dont get hard nugs unless there are genetics that help with that type of flower.

I have very large plants.

PGRs are made by the plants mainly in the Apical Meristem (and main root) and new shoots.

Using catalysts like Malted Barley help with the production of these PGRs. Think of these as a sort of signal to the plant to produce more PGRs.

So we can take advantage of what the plant is already making for herself.

Root growth thru VEG is the most important thing for healthy plants. Auxins are a thing that help roots grow big and strong.

Bigger roots bigger shoots.

Synthetic PGRs - yeah should probably look into how they are used in the veggie and fruit business - you know foods that are eaten by people.
Sounds like we do pretty much the same method with just minor variations.
I use aloe vera instead of the willow shoot.
I think I might pick up some comfrey ferment for my next grow.

I grow and harvest comfery and put it into my vermi-compost bins.

I made some anaerobic tea with it. Jar it up with a airtight lid.

Takes like 6 months until the tea goes clear.

Dandelion is another good one.

I add aloe into my IPM foiler

It's good stuff - soap nuts is another good one. These both help with solubility with the foiler spray.

Theres a spot way down by the edge of the woods I was thinking about starting some comfrey.
It's no where near my house nor anyone else's, comfrey is damn near impossible to get rid of once established.
I might start making my own comfrey ferment, although the one from buildasoil sounds very good.
But, no matter what fresh comfrey would be good to feed the worms in my pots with.

I also use the aloe as a surfactant and Yucca.

For sure Comfrey is good stuff. You can put leaves on the surface of you soil. It will be broken down in like 3-4 days its gone.

We grow it here in our gardens. Get the Bocking 14 version - its sterile. But if you run over it with a lawn mower all bets off.

The Bocking 14 wont make seeds. You can take cuts and propagate the cuts easily. It's got a nice looking flower and attracts honey bees. Can cut it down to the crown about 4-6 times a season and it will grow back again and produce flowers each time.

Your worms will thank you.

It kicks up the compost bin into over drive. Add some rock dust in there. All problems solved.

For sure Comfrey is good stuff. You can put leaves on the surface of you soil. It will be broken down in like 3-4 days its gone.

We grow it here in our gardens. Get the Bocking 14 version - its sterile. But if you run over it with a lawn mower all bets off.

The Bocking 14 wont make seeds. You can take cuts and propagate the cuts easily. It's got a nice looking flower and attracts honey bees. Can cut it down to the crown about 4-6 times a season and it will grow back again and produce flowers each time.

Your worms will thank you.

It kicks up the compost bin into over drive. Add some rock dust in there. All problems solved.
Sounds like a plan, I think I am going to do that soon.

Back
Top Bottom