Plant Growth Regulators

This will always stand as true so long as nobody learns the process and emulates it.

Canadians have been working on hydroponics for many many years now.
I'm not surprised they decided to open up the market.

Dirt tastes different.

There's a lot of science still going on in the soil world. We just scratching the surface.

More people = more food.

We need to grow quality food to keep people healthy.

Canadians have been working on hydroponics for many many years now.
I'm not surprised they decided to open up the market.

Dirt tastes different.

There's a lot of science still going on in the soil world. We just scratching the surface.

More people = more food.

We need to grow quality food to keep people healthy.

I just noticed at my last chop when tearing apart the root ball how dirty the rock wool got from my liberal use of fulvic/humic/kelp blend. That stuff alone turns my water a dark coffee muddy color so in a sense, I'm squirting liquid dirt back into my media. My brix studies are showing that foliar sprays with trace elements also help in supplementing that which the roots was not fully capable of taking up, converting, then sending it up the phloem.

Back on topic, I just gave my first application of triacontanol @25ppm two days ago. It appears one of about 6 seemed to have gained a bit of pace, but she also just entered stretch so I can be confusing the start of the growth spurt improperly.

Ones dirty - organic - and one's clean.

Dirty organics. YeeHaw! :passitleft:

Thats how we get green thumbs.

How much ppm of Triacontanol will an alfalfa tea produce and is there any part or practice of making the tea that is critical for success?

Sky this is just a matter of grow style really. We organic growers use "a little of this and a little of that" a pinch or a handful. You guys that like to use already made nutrients, you wanna have a measurement for everything.

All organic soil guys need is a soil test to make sure the train is on the tracks. After that its all down hill to the harvest station and repeat.

I've done all sorts of teas. I mainly use a 1/4 cup to a gallon RO water and foiler on.
Growing bigger roots (bigger yields) is what I'm looking for.

Kelp tea in early VEG watered in and foiler'd on.

These daze I make Kelp Tea for PGR - take about a 1/4 cup of kelp meal and grind in a coffee grinder. Fill the quart mason jar with filtered water. Let ground kelp meal re-hydrate and settle. The clear liquid is your kelp tea. It's a super power. I foiler that on.

I add malted corn ground fine to the soil. Sprouted corn seed is another good source of PGR's.

Ever see a hydro plant - the root ball bigger than the plant?? Thats how it works in soil too.

There's PGRs in banana peels too and hydro tomatoes - Ethelyn gasses off and promotes ripeness and finishing. Thats how green tomatoes picked in Cali make to market fresh on the East Coat red ripe and ready for the green.

Wonder how long it will take for big Canna to figure this one out.

I don't use this but its a thing.

All organic soil guys need is a soil test

Wouldn't it be most helpful to the craft if organic growers had different metrics to predict how much of each ingredient you would want to mix in to your dirt so that you can confidently say my ratios are X:Y:Z. I mix my own nutes from salts because I'm that much of a control freak. I didn't get my salts tested to verify the numbers given on each bag, but I still want to know my N, P, K etc all the way down the line so that if I see a specific deficiency, I can work it out of future mixes or blends. I feel my approach is in it's infancy, but will gain traction as growers want to get more involved with their grows. It's sort of my opinion that hydro and organic are the same, just using different natural elements in different ways.

Actually, I retract all that because soil requires microbial life to convert all of the elements and to reliably predict how much an unknown population of colonies can make ready in X amount of time would likely require God to compute, lol.

Dirty organics. YeeHaw! :passitleft:

Thats how we get green thumbs.

Sky this is just a matter of grow style really. We organic growers use "a little of this and a little of that" a pinch or a handful. You guys that like to use already made nutrients, you wanna have a measurement for everything.

All organic soil guys need is a soil test to make sure the train is on the tracks. After that its all down hill to the harvest station and repeat.

I've done all sorts of teas. I mainly use a 1/4 cup to a gallon RO water and foiler on.
Growing bigger roots (bigger yields) is what I'm looking for.

Kelp tea in early VEG watered in and foiler'd on.

These daze I make Kelp Tea for PGR - take about a 1/4 cup of kelp meal and grind in a coffee grinder. Fill the quart mason jar with filtered water. Let ground kelp meal re-hydrate and settle. The clear liquid is your kelp tea. It's a super power. I foiler that on.

I add malted corn ground fine to the soil. Sprouted corn seed is another good source of PGR's.

Ever see a hydro plant - the root ball bigger than the plant?? Thats how it works in soil too.

There's PGRs in banana peels too and hydro tomatoes - Ethelyn gasses off and promotes ripeness and finishing. Thats how green tomatoes picked in Cali make to market fresh on the East Coat red ripe and ready for the green.

Wonder how long it will take for big Canna to figure this one out.

I don't use this but its a thing.

Hydroponics, due to lack of buffering, does not allow a cavalier approach. It's just the nature of that style.

Wouldn't it be most helpful to the craft if organic growers had different metrics to predict how much of each ingredient you would want to mix in to your dirt so that you can confidently say my ratios are X:Y:Z.

N, P, K etc all the way down the line so that if I see a specific deficiency, I can work it out of future mixes or blends.

A soil test fills in the ratio question and more for sure.

NPK values on products is the "minimum" of each. Also that NPK labeling is "state" regulated so could be different depending on where the products are sold. Same with micro nutrients on the label. This is why Kelp Meal labeling is so bizarre to me. I know there are at least 70 macro and mircro nutrients in the kelp meal. Almost all of them are not on the label. I know they are there because there's been a fair amount of actual scientific research and also why it called "meal". Its fed to our food stock to keep them healthy. Why? Because the grain and grasses they eat are deficient in micro nutrients and animals get sick without supplemental "meal" added into the feed. In turn, we humans will also get the same deficiencies if we continue to eat animals and other food sources deficient in micro nutrients.

With soil, when the soil test comes back and we are in the good or maybe we make a few amendments then we are good - its all about taking a leap faith.

We are not in control. All we can do is provide a good enough environment and let nature do its thing. We can of course guide the plants growth using PGRs in their natural forms to say promote height or flowering times etc.

Genetics are the most at play given everything else being equal. You want a larger plant, if its not in the genetics its not going to get big. Same with THC content. Lipstick on a pig aint no race horse she gonna be.

We can grow plants both in soil, soil-less media, and hydroponically no doubt.

To me it gets down to growing style. I've been growing plants for a very very long time. Growing with something other than organic soil for me is a strange new world. I grow the same way indoors and outdoors so its very easy for me. Then it gets down to the same old work, weeding and building soil. Spade, shovel and a wheel barrow. All I know. A little faith in mother nature to go with it.

"Most" times we get along with nature.

Like jumping in the water. We 99% sure its ok.. then we take that leap.

This can be said about many things we do in life.

PGRs that usually get talked about in the commercial grower world are to reduce stretch in flower and to make the buds rock hard.
Buds grown with pgrs to finish flowering have a white inside, not green, it collects in the flower. People use it to increase weight. It just shits up quality.

The man made PGRs have been known to contain nasties that cause cancer.

Alfameal , kelp etc is fine.
Theres a saying here that real growers DONT use pgrs.... But stuff like kelp and alfalfa meal etc can be found in products like Amino Treatment...which I use , through I would call it more a growth promoter in those.

I steer away from them. PGRs offering tighter fatter nugs....you will get them, fat nugs of shite, tastless bitch weed.

PGRs that usually get talked about in the commercial grower world are to reduce stretch in flower and to make the buds rock hard.
Buds grown with pgrs to finish flowering have a white inside, not green, it collects in the flower. People use it to increase weight. It just shits up quality.

The man made PGRs have been known to contain nasties that cause cancer.

Alfameal , kelp etc is fine.
Theres a saying here that real growers DONT use pgrs.... But stuff like kelp and alfalfa meal etc can be found in products like Amino Treatment...which I use , through I would call it more a growth promoter in those.

I steer away from them. PGRs offering tighter fatter nugs....you will get them, fat nugs of shite, tastless bitch weed.

You got any links to the nasties, cancerous, tasteless bitch weed? I researched the topic before I bought anything and aside from old wives concerns, I've seen no studies to show ill effects from using PGRs in a reasonable manner. Conversely however, THIS blog entry expresses great optimism when using triacontanol, yet if you read the author's other blog entries, you'll see a trend of negative reviews regarding certain products, so he's hard to impress.

Do I have to run around,for you skybound? Not allowed to say anything without being a scientist like you?
You talk a lot of shite based on no fact then baxktrack all the time.

Do I have to run around,for you skybound? Not allowed to say anything without being a scientist like you?
You talk a lot of shite based on no fact then baxktrack all the time.

Sorry man, didn't mean to rub you the wrong way. I was just asking for a link so I could verify your claim as I had not been able to find any information that depicted any bad experiences. I wasn't trying to incite anything though, my apologies bro.

Sorry man, didn't mean to rub you the wrong way. I was just asking for a link so I could verify your claim as I had not been able to find any information that depicted any bad experiences. I wasn't trying to incite anything though, my apologies bro.
Thats ok man, bad morning, Im sorry too.
Mate we researched this stuff 10 years ago, if I could find the links, Id post them , honest.
I agree with PGRs being fine for Veg, even controlling stretch, but in flower the products back then were leaving a white in the middle of the buds that others had found in street weed, as pgrs were popular for creating the rock hard buds people thought was quality weed.

The taste was lacking as were essential oils and suprisingly trichome production, it just made mass...thats all, for weight.
Weed sells in weights.

BUT, thats probably a lot different to what you use them for, and also the make up of the pgrs has progressed but some of those products are still available today under various names.

I did see nutrifield release a pgr product and they really are a good company so some have progressed in ingredients.

Thats ok man, bad morning, Im sorry too.
Mate we researched this stuff 10 years ago, if I could find the links, Id post them , honest.
I agree with PGRs being fine for Veg, even controlling stretch, but in flower the products back then were leaving a white in the middle of the buds that others had found in street weed, as pgrs were popular for creating the rock hard buds people thought was quality weed.

The taste was lacking as were essential oils and suprisingly trichome production, it just made mass...thats all, for weight.
Weed sells in weights.

BUT, thats probably a lot different to what you use them for, and also the make up of the pgrs has progressed but some of those products are still available today under various names.

I did see nutrifield release a pgr product and they really are a good company so some have progressed in ingredients.

Which from this list do you remember reading about? There's about a dozen, I only have triacontanol so far.

Hormones.JPG

I guess you'll have to assume it's on the underside of toxic. Have you used the alfalfa tea near harvest? Have you noticed an increase in fox tails?
ran it up to week 6 - didn't notice any foxtails - but did see great results. Have you ever heard of Massive Bloom by Green Planet this stuff works ! massive bloom is used only in flower underside of toxic great choice of works - Hey check this one out Soil Balance Pro it's a terpene enhancement additive I guess you could call it an organic form of terpinator anyway this stuff (soil balance) won a cup last year in the "terpene" compitition

I remember triacontinol was one that bought up serious questions as to its use Skybound. One we found in one product contained a known carcinagen.
Whether it was that or something else Im unsure.....sorry.

Safeman, mind cracking a bud open and show us the inners on a pgr bud?
I will tell you if its improved over the years....

The inner of the bud should ALWAYS be green. That shows the bud is grown well.
Whitening, crystaline inners mean pgrs.

Back in the day PGRs were a cheat. Stack on weight in flower.
Nowadays they wash buds and dunk them in a cellulose-water mix, then dry them, saying its to protect the flowers...
Is how they used to preserve cut flower.

Here is cellulose product for you dunkers out there.....

WP_20190521_07_32_14_Pro.jpg
WP_20190521_07_33_47_Pro.jpg

Just another examplecof a product once used purely for weight.
Expiry date shows how much I wanted to use it..... Lol

I remember triacontinol was one that bought up serious questions as to its use Skybound. One we found in one product contained a known carcinagen.

I wish there was more information out there on the product, but I've not read any bad reviews of users or suits of the end users and I do continue to search. If you come across anything in your studies, please link me.

Well there is clearly nothing wrong with Sprouted Seed Teas.
I just bought a 2.5 pound bag of organic Alfalfa seeds to make SST with, plus I add radish seeds to the alfalfa for myself to make sprouts for salads and sandwiches.

Alfalfa seed tea is literally one of the best things you can feed your soil. Great for the microbes.
Loaded with nutrition, amino acids, Triacontanol.
If ya dont use it, you're blowing it.

I also use Aloe Vera and Coconut water for the Gibberellin, auxins, cytokinins and enzymes.
Also add Chitin which in essence is another PGR, acts like one.

I think the PGRs everyone was freaked about way back when were synthetic PGRs.

It is incorrect to assume that all PGRs are harmful. Natural PGRs such as Chitosan, Triacontanol, and Kelp are in our atmosphere and cause no problems for plants.

Back
Top Bottom