Plant Growth Regulators

This is their affect on plants. I think they're naturally produced by them.

Gibberellic Acid (GA3)
Indole Butyric Acid (IBA-K)
Kinetic
Triacontanol
Benzylaminopourine (BAP)
Naphthalene Acetic Acid (NAA)

They are produced by the plants themselves in very small quantities. They are also applied by growers to modify the natural growth of plants. I used some of them with tissue culture to propagate venus fly traps.

Right

A scientific plant that has been experimented on

Not sure many studies, well documented, on cannabis are available

But I'm game to watch one

I added them to the mix of agar and M&S to induce multiple plants to grow from a small segment of the mother. This was placed in a jar and sealed to keep out bacteria. I'd get 20 to 50 or more plantlets from a single piece of stem about 10mm or 3/8" long.

So yes, it worked well when used properly. I definitely won't be using it on any plants I intend to consume.

I added them to the mix of agar and M&S to induce multiple plants to grow from a small segment of the mother. This was placed in a jar and sealed to keep out bacteria. I'd get 20 to 50 or more plantlets from a single piece of stem about 10mm or 3/8" long.

So yes, it worked well when used properly. I definitely won't be using it on any plants I intend to consume.

Wah, that's crazy results.

Because something is natural, don't make it safe, especially with extractions/concentrations, as that happens nowhere naturally.. lot of poisons grow naturally too..

One site says the ones produced synthetically pose the most health risk, but if used in appropriate amounts is no different than a meal at mcdonalds.

The inhibitors like the gibberellins weren't advised. But again, concentrations were higher than used in normal applications.

Natural ones that are okay to use:
Triacontanol (alfalfa meal, also found in beeswax)
Chitosan/Chitin (crab/shrimp meal)

Okay, they are naturally occurring that's good....

There are many many plants that have naturally occurring PGR's or growth hormones in quantity we can use in horticulture.

A really really huge one for plant and animal growth is Kelp Meal. It's called meal because we feed it to our animals. For animals its main function is to get the animal ALL of the nutrients and minerals needed for growth (that are sadly missing from grazing and other food sources) they are found in Kelp. So we supplement with kelp meal among others for plant growth as well.

Kelp also happens to be high in PGRs. Grows bigger better tasting crops and for us that means bigger better fatter flowers.

PGR = plant growth regulator (substitute "hormone" for Regulator) - more accurate description and what scientists/horticulturalist use more often. So you will have a better search result.

I do not recommend purchasing chemically manufactured PGRs. Not for any reason not even cloning. They have not been tested (to my knowledge) on foods grown to be ingested by humans.

There are many plants that produce lots of PGRs and you can make teas with these plants and water in the PGRs. Kelp is a big one. Also Willow shoots and willow bark.

Google is your friend - this has been studied a bunch. There is lots of information regarding what plants contain the different growth hormones you want.

While you're looking into PGRs check out Malted Barley powder and see what that brings to the table for plant growth.

So you know, this is an advanced topic in horticultural science. To understand a lot of whats written may require some additional reading on your part.

If you learning aint a thing, people been taking advantage of PGRs for many many years now. There's the oral tradition. Check out "Permaculture" - they do it the old fashioned way. Trial and error report and repeat. So there's a rich history that has been backed by science. So another good source.

This is a good topic to read up on. Can up your canna game significantly.

This is their affect on plants. I think they're naturally produced by them.

Gibberellic Acid (GA3)
Indole Butyric Acid (IBA-K)
Kinetic
Triacontanol
Benzylaminopourine (BAP)
Naphthalene Acetic Acid (NAA)

A few of those on that list are common ingredients in rooting compounds and also products like super thrive

They also occur naturally in Kelp among others. So no impact on microorganisms if you water in.

The active ingredients in the rooting compounds are synthetic chemicals.

Just pointing that out if using chemicals on your herb is a thing.

Prolly not too many studies on the affects on humans.

Those compounds seem to be common in the cannabis world and not so much anywhere else cept maybe annual flowers (not for human consumption). Food for thought.

I just ordered Triacontanol based upon an article I read on ScienceInHydroponics that suggested ample growth when used strategically. Further studies opened my eyes to many other PGRs, each having their own specific application, and intended to be used briefly till the desired affect is achieved. I'm still trying to flesh out viable dosage for foliar use on cannabis, but I've seen numbers as low as part per billion which I've never seen before, and I mix all of my own nutrients from salts, trace elements too. I intend to use the Triacontanol on an Em Dog seedling I have now. I don't think it would be needed on the Gorilla Glues or the Pineapple Chunks, but if it has a positive effect on the Em Dog, I might drop my last OG Kush because I loved the quality, but the quantity was not good to rely on.

Reason for PPB is due to the strength/concentration.

If you're foilering on, you should really check out the organic versions of all the PGR's

Kelp meal tea
pure 100% coconut water (no sugar no preservatives)
Willow shoot tea

Malted barley ground fine and added to the soil will work with the PGR's as a catalyst.

Roots and shoots - is where all the action is happening.

You want bigger roots - PGRs in the soil.

You want bigger shoots - PGRs sprayed on

This stuff works, the organic stuff is all I've ever used and there are many organic versions.

Look to plants that grow with the look you're achieving.
For example willow shoots. Willow tree is on of the fastest growing plants on earth. So it would make sense that there are a lot of growth hormones in the tips of the new growth in the spring. Harvest those shoots and you make a tea and foiler on.

My plants grow indoors to 8' regularly. A larger plant will give you better yields. It's about biomass. You can have best quality and good yields growing organically.

I use a fair amount of Silica as well. That helps strengthen the longer stems and makes thicker shoots.

There are PGRs that promote flower growth, and also to delay your harvest. Also to hasten harvests.

Its a beautiful world out there.

I'm going EWC chasing tomorrow and the HorseTail Fern are up and growing. Good time to get some.

HorseTail Fern tea - used for silica and also as a natural mold/mildew depressant.

Can use the catalysts and the PGRs in unison with the other natural sources for growing flowers and veggies. There are many.

Back
Top Bottom