Plant in budding stage, magnesium deficiency?

2k13G

Hey guys, well I woke up to a terrible nightmare, my baby took a turn for the worst. I'd like to know what you guys think the problem is, and maybe possible solutions and if she can be saved. After the discovery of the plant, I hurried to the forums and seen the pics of the deficiencies and decided its a mag def. So I went looking through my fertilizers and found that none of them have magnesium. I hurried to the Home Depot and bought some Vigoro Tomato Plant food 12-10-5, which has magnesium and bunch of other goodies in it. I fertilize the plant with Alaska Fish Fertilizer, 5-1-1, Organic Dynamite, premium plant food, 8-5-5 and also I have used the Ginormous Bloom Enhancer 0-18-16. And I've just now added the Vigoro 12-10-5 to the soil.

Since I've added more magnesium, will the plant recoup and come back to a better state? Or am I screwed?

I believe it is definitely magnesium deficiency. The pics are below so that a more experienced eye could prove me right or wrong. Also am I using OK / Correct types of fertilizers?

Setup: 8200 Lumens from two 300w (ea) fluorescent light bulbs. Humidity gauge, heat gauge, a fan and a timer. This is my first grow, and a deficiency encounter.

Thanks in advance, sorry if the pics looks like shit, I took them with my droid X.

2011-03-15_02-32-55_103.jpg

2011-03-15_02-33-42_263.jpg

2011-03-15_02-34-04_197.jpg

2011-03-15_02-34-33_560.jpg

2011-03-15_02-34-58_833.jpg

2011-03-15_02-35-34_653.jpg

2011-03-15_02-36-09_37.jpg

Quick Update:

I have flushed the soil, the soil was full of water, I believe the roots might have been starting to rot if I didn't flush anytime soon.

I completely got rid of the old soil off of the roots and put new soil in there and new low doses of fertilizer. We'll see where she goes from here.

You may be fukked. Lost a whole crop that looked exactly like that. Nute lockout from incorrect ph. Do you have a ph meter?

You may be fukked. Lost a whole crop that looked exactly like that. Nute lockout from incorrect ph. Do you have a ph meter?

Bro, I think I am fucked. I transplanted the plant into new soil.

I took the plant out of its pot, cleaned off all of the roots, and put brand new scotts planting soil in a new pot. Planted the plant and now I am waiting. It is actually showing signs of dying, like when it doesn't get enough water. But we will see, hopefully she will recoup and pop back up.

I cant have it die man, I want to :slide: my own sooo bad!!!

Thanks for the reply man, any suggestions?

From what I can see, your pot is way too small. Basic rule of thumb- 1 gal pot for each ft of height

It is understandable that the plant would go into shock after transplanting, where you removed all the soil.

cut the largest shade leaves in half to help them recover- it could take to much energy for the plant to restore them, so that energy can now go to the rest of the plant.

DO NOT OVER WATER. Get a soil meter

hth

From what I can see, your pot is way too small. Basic rule of thumb- 1 gal pot for each ft of height

It is understandable that the plant would go into shock after transplanting, where you removed all the soil.

cut the largest shade leaves in half to help them recover- it could take to much energy for the plant to restore them, so that energy can now go to the rest of the plant.

DO NOT OVER WATER. Get a soil meter

hth

Yeah, I learned that way too late into growing the plant, next time I'll be sure to use a bigger pot, thanks.

I did as you suggested. So, I've got some good news for a change, after the transplant, it was showing signs of dying, today the plant raised its leaves back up and the stems are getting stronger once again.

Hopefully all will be ok.

And when you said a soil meter, do you mean a pH meter?

Yeah, I'm monitoring my temp, which is at 74, and my humidity, which is at 52. I've also got a fan to keep the air circulated. I just can't believe that I didn't prepare enough, this is my first grow and everything was going great, but damn, that magnesium def got me.

Thanks for the help PetFlora.

And when you said a soil meter, do you mean a pH meter?

Soil meters of little use, imho. Much more accurate is checking runoff with a good ph meter.

As far as watering goes, you should definately have water flowing out of the drain holes at each watering/feeding. Do not water again until the pot feels light.

did you use any beneficial fungus/bacteria like tarantula or pirana?
i recommend it from start to grow. did you try hyrogen peroxide/ water solution?
hydrated lime is mag and calcium. plus raises the ph in soil. lack of nitrogen will also cause lockout. nute lockout. we always use more p-k in budding. small amounts of n are very important during the flower stage. it transports the n-p-k throughout the plant. you can use 0-45-30 for bloom but w/out the n the p-k go nowhere.

Any chance you Sprayed it with Neem oil or some other oil then put it close to your lights?

if not i would aggree with ph

Back
Top Bottom