I think I have a magnesium deficiency

Looks kinds like TMV...even though they aren't even sure cannabis can get it..
It doesn't look like the photos of Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV) on cannabis that I just googled.

The leaf coloration patterns on my plant don't progress into anything, like yellowing, necrosis, etc. It's on most of the leaves, but not all of the leaves.

I think it could be an unusual form of variegation. Variegation usually doesn't show up on all the leaves.

1659683376446.png

It doesn't look like the photos of Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV) on cannabis that I just googled.

The leaf coloration patterns on my plant don't progress into anything, like yellowing, necrosis, etc. It's on most of the leaves, but not all of the leaves.

I think it could be an unusual form of variegation. Variegation usually doesn't show up on all the leaves.

1659683376446.png
I've had the same thing but I culled them early so who knows what they would have turned into. I personally don't think TMV can infect cannabis but who knows

Link please. Thank you. I've searched to no avail.
Not really supposed to do links, but: "Abstract : Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) belongs to Cannabis genus in Cannabinaceae family. Industrial hemp (C. sativa var. vulgaris L.), a variant of the C. sativa, is an important industrial crop. Industrial hemp is one of the oldest raw material resource crops know to humans. Hemp is cultivated to produce a vast variety of products such as hemp seeds, hemp oil, clothing, rope, paper, insulation, cosmetics, biodegradable plastics, construction material, resin, fuel, etc. Hemp is very sensitive to environmental conditions, diseases, and pests. Plants are more susceptible to diseases in adverse environmental conditions. More than 100 microorganisms (fungi, bacteria, virus, etc.) can cause disease in cannabis. In many studies conducted; hemp streak virus (HSV), hemp mosaic virus (HMV), alfalfa mosaic virus (AMV), cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) and arabis mosaic virus (ArMV) have been reported to cause diseases in hemp varieties. Also, tobacco mosaic virus (TMV), tobacco ringspot virus (TRSV), tobacco streak virus (TSV), tomato ringspot virus (TomRSV), eunoymous ringspot virus (ERSV), elm mosaic virus (EMV), and foxtail mosaic virus (FMV) are isolated from hemp plants. In recent years, studies on cannabis viruses have reported that beet curly top virus (BCTV) and lettuce chlorosis virus (LCV) infect cannabis plants.

And:
Recent reports indicate that viruses and viroids are causing as yet undetermined reductions in growth and quality of cannabis.

The most prevalent at this time are Hop Latent Viroid (HLVd) and Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV). Both of these pathogens are present in most cannabis production locations in Canada, though other viruses are likely to emerge as research continues in this sector.

HLVd is reported to cause stunting, increased lateral growth of branches, brittle stems, changes in the appearance of leaves, and a reduction in cannabinoid content of inflorescences. TMV can cause mosaic symptoms, as well as stunting and leaf curl.

That said, I'm finding that most of the TMV talk is from seed sellers, and growing forums, so much of it may be "bro science", the above articles were from decent University or agricultural studies, but the studies, overall, are limited, but they isolated the TMV virus in cannabis. More studies are needed.

Not really supposed to do links, but: "Abstract : Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) belongs to Cannabis genus in Cannabinaceae family. Industrial hemp (C. sativa var. vulgaris L.), a variant of the C. sativa, is an important industrial crop. Industrial hemp is one of the oldest raw material resource crops know to humans. Hemp is cultivated to produce a vast variety of products such as hemp seeds, hemp oil, clothing, rope, paper, insulation, cosmetics, biodegradable plastics, construction material, resin, fuel, etc. Hemp is very sensitive to environmental conditions, diseases, and pests. Plants are more susceptible to diseases in adverse environmental conditions. More than 100 microorganisms (fungi, bacteria, virus, etc.) can cause disease in cannabis. In many studies conducted; hemp streak virus (HSV), hemp mosaic virus (HMV), alfalfa mosaic virus (AMV), cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) and arabis mosaic virus (ArMV) have been reported to cause diseases in hemp varieties. Also, tobacco mosaic virus (TMV), tobacco ringspot virus (TRSV), tobacco streak virus (TSV), tomato ringspot virus (TomRSV), eunoymous ringspot virus (ERSV), elm mosaic virus (EMV), and foxtail mosaic virus (FMV) are isolated from hemp plants. In recent years, studies on cannabis viruses have reported that beet curly top virus (BCTV) and lettuce chlorosis virus (LCV) infect cannabis plants.

And:
Recent reports indicate that viruses and viroids are causing as yet undetermined reductions in growth and quality of cannabis.

The most prevalent at this time are Hop Latent Viroid (HLVd) and Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV). Both of these pathogens are present in most cannabis production locations in Canada, though other viruses are likely to emerge as research continues in this sector.

HLVd is reported to cause stunting, increased lateral growth of branches, brittle stems, changes in the appearance of leaves, and a reduction in cannabinoid content of inflorescences. TMV can cause mosaic symptoms, as well as stunting and leaf curl.

That said, I'm finding that most of the TMV talk is from seed sellers, and growing forums, so much of it may be "bro science", the above articles were from decent University or agricultural studies, but the studies, overall, are limited, but they isolated the TMV virus in cannabis. More studies are needed.
true, we have a lot of 'bro science' going on. i've read many articles and their sampling methods aren't even suitable to make any conclusions. we need more scientists and more labs developing accurate research.

we need more scientists and more labs developing accurate research.
So very true. I figure most of the problem is due to the governments across the world which have refused to research Cannabis in any way and have blocked university level and private sector research of any kind. Yet these same governments allow research and know more about cocaine and coca plants which grow in Peru. And, the same for poppies and heroin.

Yet, nothing on Cannabis, maybe because they are afraid that they will find out that they have been wrong since the mid-1930s.

So very true. I figure most of the problem is due to the governments across the world which have refused to research Cannabis in any way and have blocked university level and private sector research of any kind. Yet these same governments allow research and know more about cocaine and coca plants which grow in Peru. And, the same for poppies and heroin.

Yet, nothing on Cannabis, maybe because they are afraid that they will find out that they have been wrong since the mid-1930s.
I think there's something very profound and important going on with cannabis, and that's why the powers-that-be have so systematically suppressed it. There's much more going on than meets the eye. This plant is mighty.

We humans are constantly subjected to a barrage of things which are unhealthy for us. It's almost like "they" are intentionally making our lives miserable. Why? To keep us fearful, divided, and controlled... and to make profit.

Imagine Morpheus in The Matrix holding in his left hand a blue pharmaceutical anti-depressant pill, and in his right hand, some Panama Red buds.

:Namaste:

If it is any help to the current conversation, the only published study I know of looking at TMV in cannabis was done in the early 1970s. They purposely infected cannabis with TMV (and a variety of other viruses). For TMV they showed that the virus could replicate in the plant, but was asymptomatic - or at least no dramatic symptoms were observed. TMV is likely one of those pathogens that can exist in cannabis, but may not be of primary concern. I have never seen a study showing cannabis is a natural host for TMV.

If it is any help to the current conversation, the only published study I know of looking at TMV in cannabis was done in the early 1970s. They purposely infected cannabis with TMV (and a variety of other viruses). For TMV they showed that the virus could replicate in the plant, but was asymptomatic - or at least no dramatic symptoms were observed. TMV is likely one of those pathogens that can exist in cannabis, but may not be of primary concern. I have never seen a study showing cannabis is a natural host for TMV.
Thanks & Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
If you want to say hi and meet everyone here is a link.
Hope you hang around and enjoy yourself.
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom