Magnesium deficiency? First grow

JayQ

Hey guys, im noticing brown or yellow spots on my lower leaves. Ive done plenty of research and believe its a magnesium deficiency.

I am only using dry organic fertilizer in small amounts something like once to twice a week
I just added a small amount of molasses to the filtered tap water i use with hopes of replenishing magnesium

Can anyone confirm or contest this diagnosis, this is my first grow so i just want to see peoples opinion.
Thanks guys

image3809.jpg

Just read the sticky about giving enough information, so here is some extra, and a good look at the whole plant.

Strain - Bag seed from candy kush
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon
Lights - (5) 13w cfls(yes little baby 13, its from a floor lamp) (3) 26w cfls and (1) 36w cfl
Nutrients - Kellogg vegetable fert
Medium - mix of garden and potting soils
PPM - idk what this is
PH - 6.5-7.5
RH - dont have a way of measuring
Room Temperature -78 to 84
Room Square Footage - 4' x 2'
Pests - None Known

image3813.jpg

Sorry, wrong chart. I gotta better one,hold on :rofl:

Btw, Good Weed sir. :)

Thanks man, not too bad for bag seed.

I like those charts for sure. Nice and easy.

But do you believe it is a mag deficiency? I can take more pictures if that will help. Im not incapable of the diagnosis, im just looking for someone who knows more then i do to tell me what they think the problem is.

Thanks again man

Well, unfortunatly, Im no expert. I can speculate but thats about all. I dont know anything about your nutes are if they have micro nutes in them, but my guess is mag defiec as you suggest. Do you have a mag supplement to give her? Id suggest a dose and she if the condition worsens. Hopefully someone with more hand on in this area can help.
Have you recently switched to flower light schedule or anything else out of the norm? Have you checked the PH of your runoff when watering? Ill check back and see if I can be of more help tomorrow sir.

Well, unfortunatly, Im no expert. I can speculate but thats about all. I dont know anything about your nutes are if they have micro nutes in them, but my guess is mag defiec as you suggest. Do you have a mag supplement to give her? Id suggest a dose and she if the condition worsens. Hopefully someone with more hand on in this area can help.
Have you recently switched to flower light schedule or anything else out of the norm? Have you checked the PH of your runoff when watering? Ill check back and see if I can be of more help tomorrow sir.

The fert i use is organic, basic and meant for vegtables/herbs. Its a 4-6-3 and it doesnt say if there is any micro nutes though, that being said, i assume there is none. But this includes a lot of microbes and mycorrhizae. Realizing i had some sort of nutrient deficiency(i say defiency because i use very little fertalizer) i included about 1/4tsp molasses per gal of filtered tap water mixture for magnesium calcium iron support, i watered it with maybe a little more then a gallon.

As for stress on the plant, i did transplant it into a 5 gallon bucket about a week ago, so maybe thats a factor. Its about 7 weeks old now so it should be pretty resilient. I need to go get more ph strips, couldnt today though. Between this and the basic info in an earlier post thats pretty much everything about my grow.

What water are you using? I noticed you mentioned tap. I had a problem with Mag lockout due to high Calcium content from my well water.

My water sources are the los angeles and california aquaducts, local ground water only comprises 10% of water according to the la dwp. The tap water is tested and is 4.6 grains per gallon. Which is relatively soft water( meaning few minerals are in it) I use this tap water, filterd with a regular drinking water filter.

The ph part was a mistake, cut and paste...
Its more like 6.0 to close to 7
And i actually just tested today, the water i use is 7, and the runoff is a little over 6.

I read that you transplanted the girl a week ago, did you transplant into the same type of soil? How did the transplant go, no damage to the root zone? Now remember if the soil you used before had nutes, the soil you transplanted into is also going to have nutes, just keep that in mind when going to feed this girl with the nutrients you have on hand:)

I read that you transplanted the girl a week ago, did you transplant into the same type of soil? How did the transplant go, no damage to the root zone? Now remember if the soil you used before had nutes, the soil you transplanted into is also going to have nutes, just keep that in mind when going to feed this girl with the nutrients you have on hand:)

The transplant was flawless besides a fan leaf breaking off, otherwise not much of a shock or anything. Yeah, its easy to forget about the new nutes from transplant. I never give it too much, nute burn is never a concern for me. I do need to get a more consistent feeding/watering schedule. Ive used a bit of experimentation to find what (hopefully) works best for my situation.

Back
Top Bottom