Plant shower

greenergrass

hello everyone
i was recently looking at my plants and noticed a fair bit of dust and the likes on the leaves
and stems.
they have been in 12/12 for nearly a week so no buds yet

so i am now thinking about giving them a shower :laughtwo:

my plan is as follows,
cover the pots wit plastic bags to keep that separate.
put them in the shower and rinse them with luke warm water on low pressure

let them dry.
not under direct light so not to burn the leaves
resume normal growing:cheesygrinsmiley:

I have read that dust can attract bacteria and mould,
as-well as your plants being able to photo-synthesize better
I will be happy to have less dust in my end harvest:peace:

let me know what you think of this plan
any input is appreciated
:420:

And where did it come from?

Hi greenergrass.

I've seen in the journals of a number of members, examples of them showering their plants as part of their regular regimen. Can't think of any specific members or journals at the moment, but one that I followed pretty extensively just after joining actually watered his plants (including the foliage) in the shower.

Can't think of a reason in the world not to do this. If they were growing outdoors they would certainly get rained on and be just fine.

Be well and happy growing.

Hair is not gonna hurt your plant :)

Personally i wouldn't use a shower head unless it had a fine mist setting. Some shower heads are really powerful and could cause damage. If it was me i would just use a good spray bottle. Set it to where it just starts to fan out but you still get large water drops out of it. Then just go to town washing your leaves off. Basicly just a heavy foliar feeding should wash the crap off the leaves. Should do this on a non water day also.

Hairy, as well as dusty, buds is why I wash my buds after chop and prior to drying.

Don't want hairy buds tho haha
I've heard it can lead to hairy lungs :bong:

Hairy, as well as dusty, buds is why I wash my buds after chop and prior to drying.

yea I was reading a thread about bud washing and it got me thinking why could
I not wash the plant while its still growing
I was thinking bits of dust and the likes could get trapped inside the bud as it developed
if it was outside it would be rained on

Back
Top Bottom