Pollen - The golden powder

Michalano4224

420 Member
The last three plants that I have grown have proven to be male. I let one mature and I collected the pollen. A friend has a nice 4 ft. plant that was just transitioned to 12 and 12 of light. He wants to get some seeds from this clone. If we take an artist paint brush and dip it into the cup of yellow pollen power and dust 5 or 6 buds will the plant make seeds in only the dusted buds or will all of the buds on the plant make seeds?

The way it works is that one pollen grain is capable of pollinating one female calyx ( Getting To Know The Cannabis Calyx, Resinous To The Top - RQS Blog ) and therefore fathering one seed. Each bud contains many calyxes and so can potentially produce many seeds - but only as many seeds as there are pollen grains that hit the target.

Yes you can pollinate with a paintbrush. If you don’t want a lot of seeds then be very conservative with spreading the pollen around- generally you get a lot more seeds than you expect. Unless there is something wrong with the pollen. But usually if it’s still dry, and not clumped together by exposure to moisture it should work, I think.

Back
Top Bottom