Pollen threat exaggerated?

was that with colloidal silver Rifleman? I’ve had hit and miss results with the stuff. Sometimes I got no seeds at all, so I’m not being too cautious with the latest attempt.
I have about a billion pods on one girl about to burst right now -you’re making me nervous with that ‘6K seeds’ comment.

I assume it is. I use a commercially available product called Dr. Tiresias Mist. One spray per day on the same node area. Spray 20/21 days in a row, wait a 5-7 days and you have pollen. I start spraying a few days after pistils first pop.

I assume it is. I use a commercially available product called Dr. Tiresias Mist. One spray per day on the same node area. Spray 20/21 days in a row, wait a 5-7 days and you have pollen. I start spraying a few days after pistils first pop.

I'm definitely gonna need to get it down with my own home made CS. it's just too fun to tweak and experiment. I started spraying 5 days before the flip and many times per day. i actually think i see some little balls forming up on one of the blueberries. fingers crossed.

My first try at reversing and seed production resulted in over 6K seeds inside from just two auto plants. Now when I'm doing a seed run I wait until I see the first pollen sac open, then cut the branch and beat it around the colas on the plants I want to seed. I get several hundred seeds this way and still get plenty of seed free bud to enjoy.

:passitleft:
Can you clarify a bit why you do this when you only see one pollen sac open? Does that one sac release enough pollen or do you figure other sacs will open while you’re “beating around the bush,” so to speak?

I'm definitely gonna need to get it down with my own home made CS. it's just too fun to tweak and experiment. I started spraying 5 days before the flip and many times per day. i actually think i see some little balls forming up on one of the blueberries. fingers crossed.
Do you use a battery to make the colloidal silver? I’d feel more comfortable with that than anything I’d need to plug in.

Thanks. I don’t know whether Tiresias Mist is CS or or if it’s STS, which is a similar dissolved silver compound. I think it’s one of the two though. Some people say STS works a little more reliably.

Do you use a battery to make the colloidal silver? I’d feel more comfortable with that than anything I’d need to plug in.

You can use a 9v battery. Or any battery really, the 9v is just easy to connect wires too. Or the old lantern batteries would be good.

no i'm using a 9V 400MA adapter. i tried it with a few 9v batteries run together and it worked great.

Can you clarify a bit why you do this when you only see one pollen sac open? Does that one sac release enough pollen or do you figure other sacs will open while you’re “beating around the bush,” so to speak?

Because a couple hundred seeds is all I need. 6000 was TOO much. :rofl:

Thanks. I don’t know whether Tiresias Mist is CS or or if it’s STS, which is a similar dissolved silver compound. I think it’s one of the two though. Some people say STS works a little more reliably.
I'm thinking CS . STS must be mixed and only sprayed once. But I'm not sure. :hmmmm:

Funny thing with reversing plants

Like rifleman, 1st time using STS I hit 3 branches on 3 ATF plants...same on a Amnesia Haze, and one of my DDA x GDP crossed

The ATF went bonkers...seeded all 3 plants almost 100%...lol
I still haven't collected all the seeds

Next time I'll do one branch too

Lol

Because a couple hundred seeds is all I need. 6000 was TOO much. :rofl:

I'm thinking CS . STS must be mixed and only sprayed once. But I'm not sure. :hmmmm:

STS is sprayed less often, every 3rd day ish, but you spray for about the same amount of days

Wanna say took me about 28 days total to see Nads

I just read this here. I read in another thread about how some people heat the water as the solution get made. i wonder if this 13.3 ppm max number is the reason why it can be so hit and miss?

"What is the highest concentration of ionic silver that pure water will keep in solution?

If no other purposely introduced anions are present, the maximum concentration of silver ions that pure water can hold at room temperature in an unsaturated solution is 13.3 ppm. In practice, there is substantial dissolved CO2 in the water which provides additional anions, so a higher concentration of silver ions is possible without saturation."

Very interesting article. Thanks for finding that. So in reality what we are making is ionic (dissolved/bonded) silver, with a small percentage of colloidal (suspended particles ) silver mixed in.

That article is coming from the POV of the food industry version- where it sounds like true colloidal silver is what you’d want.

Seems like for us it would be the ionic silver that gets the job done though. Unless plants have some way of processing silver particles on their surface, in which case just a coating of some fine dust would work too. (?) Seems less likely.

Every time I have sprayed with my homemade colloidal silver I’ve produced a shit load of ‘male’ pods.

The thing I do not understand is why sometimes these flowers do not produce viable pollen. Now I’m caught between worrying that I’m going to have to many seeds and worrying that I’m going to have none :hmmmm:

Very interesting article. Thanks for finding that. So in reality what we are making is ionic (dissolved/bonded) silver, with a small percentage of colloidal (suspended particles ) silver mixed in.

That article is coming from the POV of the food industry version- where it sounds like true colloidal silver is what you’d want.

Seems like for us it would be the ionic silver that gets the job done though. Unless plants have some way of processing silver particles on their surface, in which case just a coating of some fine dust would work too. (?) Seems less likely.

Every time I have sprayed with my homemade colloidal silver I’ve produced a shit load of ‘male’ pods.

The thing I do not understand is why sometimes these flowers do not produce viable pollen. Now I’m caught between worrying that I’m going to have to many seeds and worrying that I’m going to have none :hmmmm:

i'm on day 20 of spraying and almost out of the store bought stuff so i'll have no choice but to try what i'm making right now. i have it on heat in a 500ml jar, already looking greyish in color but i'm not sure how long to let it go. i've read that a ppm meter is useless in testing for the silver in the solution. but i'm guessing if i do use the tds meter and it shows 30ppm that would mean that there's at least got to be some silver in it lol.

I let it run at least overnight, often I will leave it in there for two or three days. I’m guessing it only takes 24 hours or less to become saturated though, perhaps depending on your setup.

I don’t see why an EC meter can’t give you a rough idea of what’s in the mix, and don’t necessarily agree with the person who said that. Silver is a very good conductor. A very rough idea of ppm is all an EC meter can provide at the best of times anyway, since different elements conduct differently.

Some articles suggest that you should keep on spraying after the pollen sacs have formed, or they may run out of oomph/silver and not carry on to produce pollen.

Seems to me though that the times I got zero pollen were the times I kept on spraying. I’m going to choose one portion of my pod-laden branches and keep on spraying that small portion and see if there’s any difference between that and the rest.

I let it run at least overnight, often I will leave it in there for two or three days. I’m guessing it only takes 24 hours or less to become saturated though, perhaps depending on your setup.

I don’t see why an EC meter can’t give you a rough idea of what’s in the mix, and don’t necessarily agree with the person who said that. Silver is a very good conductor. A very rough idea of ppm is all an EC meter can provide at the best of times anyway, since different elements conduct differently.

Some articles suggest that you should keep on spraying after the pollen sacs have formed, or they may run out of oomph/silver and not carry on to produce pollen.

Seems to me though that the times I got zero pollen were the times I kept on spraying. I’m going to choose one portion of my pod-laden branches and keep on spraying that small portion and see if there’s any difference between that and the rest.

another thing we should consider is the amps of the current. i don't know much about electricity but i was reading on another forum about it and they seemed to go on a length about how different amounts of amps affect the size of the particles. i've also read that 12-30 volts is ideal but most do well enough on 9 volt batteries. but the batteries i have dont' say how many amps they put out.

edit: A standard 9V battery has about 400-600 mAh capacity. In the most basic terms, these batteries can supply about 500 milliamps for one hour before being "dead".

so good the adapter i'm using is 9v at 400mA

Well by the sounds of it, we aren’t trying to make particles at all, we are actually shaking loose silver ions to mix with the water.

Ions are where it’s at, when it comes to the basics of plants uptaking elements. All nutrients are absorbed in the form of ions, in my admittedly very dim understanding. I don’t think we care about ‘particle size’. Maybe the health food silver drinkers do.

It seems like we are going to reach saturation level of ionic silver fairly easily. I’m not sure what goes into that or what factors are involved but I figure if I leave a current running through the mix for a day or two I can be pretty sure it’s saturated. At least it sure as f’ looks saturated.

Well by the sounds of it, we aren’t trying to make particles at all, we are actually shaking loose silver ions to mix with the water.

Ions are where it’s at, when it comes to the basics of plants uptaking elements. All nutrients are absorbed in the form of ions, in my admittedly very dim understanding. I don’t think we care about ‘particle size’. Maybe the health food silver drinkers do.

It seems like we are going to reach saturation level of ionic silver fairly easily. I’m not sure what goes into that or what factors are involved but I figure if I leave a current running through the mix for a day or two I can be pretty sure it’s saturated. At least it sure as f’ looks saturated.

i might be going down the health food rabit hole, yes :laugh:

also seeing a lot of post around the web that 925 silver works just fine for flipping plants. maybe i didn't have to buy a $25 coin from the post and cut it in half lol.

Oh I’m sure it would. Silver being the active ingredient. Where the purity thing comes in is with the health fanatics that are drinking the stuff, and perhaps a bit with the ‘you’re an idiot because you’re poisoning yourself and your plants with weird unknown metals’ crowd

Back
Top Bottom