Plant Stem is weak

Reap

I have a problem please help!
My stem of the plant is really weak how can i make it stand up again??
Also the light time is 14/10 at the moment.
I use a 400w high pressure sodium lamp about 70cm from the plant ( it was 45 but the plants started falling down so i moved it up), i keep the light up 14h per day .
I think my first mistake was that i waited to long with some of the seedlings before i gave them light, the early ones are like this , but the ones that came up later are ok
The only solution i found is to put them in a bigger pot and berry them up more, is that viable at the stage the plant is in ? don't wanna ruin it
Please advise

That could work or I would suggest to give it something to lean on so that it will get some girth and then it wont need anything to lean on. Also dont keep the light too far away.

thank you
Yes, i think i will put something to lean on, i dont really want to change the container at this early stage and damage the plant.
Should i put it again to 45 cm ( 17 inch ) or leave it at 70 ( 27 inch) as it it now

i left it at 30cm but the temp is 28,6 Celsius ( 82.4 F ) isnt that abit to much ??
also the light currently is 14h on and 10 off should i leave it on more ?

Its on the verge but it should be fine. Check out the Gas Lantern Routine, just search on the forum. The GLR is light schedule.

hey mister reap i personally would of used a fluorescent light when growing from seed or clones for the first week or two in soil and if you were germinating using rook wool or peat pelets i would continue to use a fluorescent light and a propergater until a sufficient amount of root growth appears!!

fluorescent bulbs hold the right light spectrum to help seeds and clones take root more easily than high pressure sodium bulbs which is just what you want and they are not to powerful in heat and light for young seedlings and clones unlike HPS bulbs

i would also agree with mr mountaingoat when he says you should give your plants stem something to lean on, i would stick a small bamboo skewer or chop stick of some sort in the soil and then with either a couple of small tie raps or cotton wool or very thin string tie a loop around the wooden stake and the stem of your plant to keep it up right though make shore you dont pull the cotton wool or what ever your using to tight around the plants stem!!

i would also change your lighting hours to 18 hours on and 6 hours off when in veg growth which is what your baby plants are in at the moment and then switch to 12 hours on and 12 hours off when you actually start flowering!!

good luck dude!!

Yes as posted above. If your plant is too far from the lights it will look like yours. Once it gets propped up by something, Start a little wind action from a small fan. just enough to make it wiggle a little. It will get strong in a couple of weeks.

added smth to lean on, Lowered the light and added a fan. Temp is now 26 C lets see how they feel in a few days.
ty for all the answers

Thank for all the answers here they worked ! My plant can stand on his own now and it became quite beautiful.
IMG_18989.JPG

I have another question now :
I heard that you need to cut the top of the plant in order for it to grow "short " to go sideways and not keep growing upwards.
Can you guys help me out once again ?
i found a guide here : Topping
but my plant seems to small.. should i wait more ?

I would wait about 2 more node growths. Then you can go for it. Either you do topping, fimming, or scrog I would say.
With my previous grow I fimmed and got some really groovey stems out of it.

IMG_116412.JPG

Back
Top Bottom