Planting plants in the woods compared to open ground.

RandyL

Where I used to live, in Pennsylvania, it'd be EASY to plant a few plants here and there, scattered over a large area.

But I have a question about trees and light reaching the plants.

I'm sure the best situation would be to have the plants out in the open, where sunlight can blast down on them all day every day.

But what about IN the actual woods, in the trees, where there's lots of shade? Plants obviously grow there, but would pot plants suffer a lot from the indirect sunlight? Would I be looking at a 10% loss or 50%?

Planting in the trees would be easier and safer, planting in the open or along a treeline runs the risk of some farmer finding them. Or cows eating them.

I would think that it really depends on how much sun is actually on the plant in the woods...obviously plants grow in the woods but they adapt to the light conditions...you may get some growth but if they dont get a lot of sun, you may end up getting tall lanky skinny colas and all...but if you can find a sunny spot in the woods..maybe you can find a patch of woods that has a small meadow in it or a patch of pricker bushes..as I have found that most pricker bushes grow in areas that get alot of sun..youll end up with healthier plants, but I think it really depends on the amount of sunlight the plant gets in the woods. Have you thought about growing the trees UP IN THE TREES?

Back
Top Bottom