Plants aren't going anymore Help

warwicklax24

I am a first time grower. I have three plants that are about 2 months old. I first had them in cups growing under a t5 bulb from seeds. I then set up a mini grow room. It is about 3x3x5 with reflective space blankets all around. I have a 150 watt metal halide bulb (there is no hood on it). The ballast is located outside of the grow room. I am currently working on the air flow. This week the temp was at a max of ~85 degrees. The other day I got it down to a pretty steady 80 degrees. I have another fan coming in this week that will suck out hot air.

When the seeds were in their beginning cups I had them in miracle grow seeding starting potting mix and they grew fine for about the first 3~4 weeks. This is when I still had them under the t5 bulb. A couple days before I moved them into the grow room one plants leaves started to turn light green. Shortly after I moved the plants into larger pots because I thought they used all the nutrients from the soil. I moved the plants into larger containers with miracle gro potting mix and have been in that for a few weeks now. Yesterday I used miracle gro tomato plant food fertilizer.

The problems
1. The plants aren't growing taller anymore. They grow a new set of leaves every now and then but they aren't growing very rapidly
2. Most of the leaves are this light green/ dark green mix
3. The lower sets of leaves appear to be dying the tips are turning brown and they appear to be curling

IMG_187011.JPG
IMG_186814.JPG
IMG_1866_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_1867_-_Copy.JPG

im no expert but im thinking your ph may be out of whack causing nute deficiency
anyway ill bump your post and maybe an expert will help out
good luck and dont give up

Hi and welcome to :420:
This may give you some ideas Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial I'm no expert but your babies look both deficient and burned to me so knowing your ph is a good start. Also how often do you water them and how high is the light?
I have heard that Miracle grow isnt the greatest thing for pot plants so it could be the soil they are struggling with.

So what are the steps to take from here. I have a cheap pH reader and it tells me that the water is neutral and the soil is the same. Should I try putting them in new soil?
Should I try moving the light up? It is about 4 or more feet away from the plants.
Should I try giving them more nutrients?
When you say burned do you mean from the light?

it looks like you have more than one thing happening at once, you have already mentioned air flow which is good
as 85 is getting too hot especially with low air flow
the new growth looks better, at some point you have to wait for your changes to show if they are working
you can't repair the damage already done to the leaves, need to proceed one step at a time, so lets watch them a few days
slow down with the changes, my first advice do less and watch more

i think flowerchild was referring to nute burn but since you mentioned the light, it would help a lot to get a reflector
even if you fashion one out of foil for the time being, i think 4 feet away from the canopy is a little high try moving it closer at like 6 inch intervals and watch plant level temps or use the old hold you hand over the plants to judge the heat

you mention a neutral ph ,that is 7 which is at the max range for soil,try to get it down to 6.5 or the very least 6.8

you say you just put them in larger pots and fertilizer was used
it looks like they were ready for more room so keep a sharp eye on the new growth
if it seems better let it roll a while if it doesn't get any better you may need to flush it out and get a hold of you soil
environment

sorry i'm not more help

hang in there i'm sure more help will come soon

Looks like a lock out of nitrogen. Not a professional here but just my opinion. And I agree with doing more watching and less fixing. And kicking this thread back to the top!! Do you have a grow journal going?? This can help a lot.

Hello again. How often do you water them? Their soil looks pretty wet. Pot plants like to dry out their roots between waterings. Every 3-7 days should be enough for your size girls.
I did some more research and found a pic of an adult plant with similar coloring to your babies- green veins but pale in between.
This is what the article said

"pH Fluctuation:
Both of these leaves in figure 6 and figure 7 are from the same plant. It could be over fertilization, but more likely it is due to the pH being off. Too high or too low a pH can lock up nutrients in the form of undisolvable salts and compounds, some of which are actually toxic to the plants. What then happens is the grower then tries to supplement the plants diet by adding more fertilizers, throwing off the pH even more and locking up even more nutrients. This type of problem is seen more often in soil mixes, where inconsistent mixing of the medium's components leads to "hot" spots."

I really think you have lockout from ph issues and i suspect it's your soil or overwatering or a combination of the 2.
If watering is the issue I'd just watch them and let them dry out for a few days. If they dont get better, then I'd start suspecting the miracle grow. I'm no expert but have experienced perplexing ph issues myself. Good luck!:peace:

Back
Top Bottom