Please Conform! Posting in Metric Numbers confuses medicated Americans

trichomes

DON"T BE OFFENDED, to insult, is not my intention. The METRIC system confuses medicated Americans like me (I hope I'm not alone here), Just a harmless, simple request here. Please, try to post in gallons, quarts, inches, feet, pounds, ounces & Fahrenheit. Sure I learned t he METRIC system in school, and it makes MUCH more sense than our WHACK system. But it's what we use every day. I do not want to belittle those are not used to the USA system of weights & measures.

Big Green :thanks:

Re: PLEASE CONFORM!! Posting in METRIC NUMBERS confuses medicated Americans

At least two of the nutrient manufacturers give their stated dosages in ml/gal - that must cause you some serious confusion...

Many of the people on here do not understand the US system. Are you asking them to take the time to learn a new system and then translate what they know into this system... just so that you can understand?

No offense intended, but isn't that a little lazy on your part?

DON"T BE OFFENDED, to insult, is not my intention. The METRIC system confuses medicated Americans like me (I hope I'm not alone here), Just a harmless, simple request here. Please, try to post in gallons, quarts, inches, feet, pounds, ounces & Fahrenheit. Sure I learned t he METRIC system in school, and it makes MUCH more sense than our WHACK system. But it's what we use every day. I do not want to belittle those are not used to the USA system of weights & measures.

Big Green :thanks:

We as Americans are the MINORITY in terms of the standardized measurement world!
Our imperial system of measurement is the most complex and illogical and the most misunderstood system ever created.........
It will be obsolete at some point (should have been many decades ago IMHO)
Get a free conversion calc off the net!

Both the imperial and United States customary systems of measurement derive from earlier English systems used in the Middle Ages, that were the result of a combination of the local Anglo-Saxon units inherited from German tribes and Roman units brought by William the Conqueror after the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.

Having this shared heritage, the two systems are quite similar, but there are differences. The US customary system is based on English systems of the 18th century, while the Imperial system was defined in 1824, after American independence.

Comparison of the imperial and US customary measurement systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both the imperial and United States customary systems of measurement derive from earlier English systems used in the Middle Ages, that were the result of a combination of the local Anglo-Saxon units inherited from German tribes and Roman units brought by William the Conqueror after the Norman Conquest of England in 1066.

Having this shared heritage, the two systems are quite similar, but there are differences. The US customary system is based on English systems of the 18th century, while the Imperial system was defined in 1824, after American independence.

Comparison of the imperial and US customary measurement systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In lamen/stoner terms Fuzzy means to say that our system is OUTDATED and it has sucked for many moons!:geek:

yes I am guilty of being lazy, I had assumed I was reading a number that was our system, turned out, the post was using metric numbers that was missing the "per liter" I assumed it was posted in gallons and got frustrated, I wish I never made this post, MY BAD. I OVER-REACTED, I will try to use both systems in future posts.
At least two of the nutrient manufacturers give their stated dosages in ml/gal - that must cause you some serious confusion...

Many of the people on here do not understand the US system. Are you asking them to take the time to learn a new system and then translate what they know into this system... just so that you can understand?

here's another post that just perplexes me, half of the measurement is Metric, followed by Gallons, (ml/gallon) , just head-shaking when read, I know, I need to just deal with it/ get over it.

Jock Horror & Purple Sage Grow

I feel your pain. I went to school and learned all kinds of math and measurements, units, etc. It sucks to see something like (ml/gal) it can mean milliliter per gallon or it means they were giving you both milliliters and/or gallons. Mixing nutes you need know you are mixing a unit volume of nute into a unit volume of water. SI unit basics are you should always use the same units to mix properly such as ml/L, milliliter to Liter, or tsp/gal teaspoon to gallon. ml/gal is just wrong, non sequitur, senseless, nonsensical, deluded intelligence, undernoun-ullar, idiocracy, paradoxygenated and generally phlubbed up.

:peace:X

I am glad that everyone has a sense of humor about this...

Our system sucks!

But the ml/gal thing is the worst. Any company doing this should be publicly embarrassed into choosing a side.

All of my spreadsheets can handle ml/L or ounces/gal - who the hell would have thought that I would also need some bizarre halfway translation like ml/gal?

ml/gal is just wrong, non sequitur, senseless, nonsensical, deluded intelligence, undernoun-ullar, idiocracy, paradoxygenated and generally phlubbed up.

Wow, you are even more passionate about this foolishness than I am.

When I was in college engineering training... I wish I would have answered a question with ml / gal in chemistry. I could have been correct and blown the mind of the professors with my stupidity.

Believe it or not I think these nute companies were thinking they were helping some less refined, dare I say intelligently challenged or the poor under educated - unfortunate folks. Or maybe they know there are a lot of people out there that have measuring spoon sets that lost the half tsp and the tbsp but also have the Vicks for kids cherry flavored cough syrup measuring spooyringe that just happens to have both graduated increments of teaspoon and milliliter buried in the back of the junk drawer in the kitchen. :reading420magazine:

In any case ml/gal is against SI basics, sure you can derive or calculate from there but if I had done that in my calculus based physics II lab, I would have been crucified on an F for that project. And, a capital T or I would be easier to take.

I guess we should be happy we don't have to calculate molarity...oh wait that is what we are doing.

You know sometimes you get some piece of crap in the mail that only has one place - the fridge. Well here is one I kept many years ago:
DSCN6972.JPG

And if you need more here is something I found on page 187 (hmmm) in a book called Skinny Bitch in Kitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin:
DSCN6974.JPG

ml/gallon is a correct measurement in the metric system. An imperial gallon is 4.54 liters of water though, where as the US liquid gallon is only 3.79 liters of water.

Did you just make this even more complicated?

Yes, yes, I believe that is what you accomplished. I will give you some reps on that one...

FYI, neither US or Imperial Gallons are accepted for use by SI. The litre is derived from the cubic decimeter which is 10 centimeters x 10 centimeters x 10 centimeters :slide:, and ACCEPTED for use by SI. BTW: 379/454 = 83.5% So, depending on which manufacturer you see these (ml/gal)-non sequitur figures and which gallon you use, you could be up to 16.5% in error +/- :lot-o-toke:

:cheesygrinsmiley:X

THANK YOU! i WILL PRINT your charts, now we need Celcius/Fah & grams/ozs !!:thumb:
You know sometimes you get some piece of crap in the mail that only has one place - the fridge. Well here is one I kept many years ago:

And if you need more here is something I found on page 187 (hmmm) in a book called Skinny Bitch in Kitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin:

Back
Top Bottom