Please don't tell me I have to throw her away!

dropcroptop

420-magazine-mobile1106435240.jpg

So I am 100% sure I have at least one hermaphrodite. I'm in my 2nd week of flower,and my question is if I have to throw it away? Or can I meticulously pluck the new seed growth every time it appears? Or just pull the plant so it doesn't infect the other plants. Say it ain't so!!

Is the plant loaded with male sacs? If the answer is no and your only seeing a couple pop up then just pluck them off. Someone on here shared a good idea of spraying the sac before removing it so the pollen doesn't spread.

Like spray the sack with water? Before I cut it away. And the plant is not loaded with them. Max one seed per bud growth at the node or whatever.

I tried picking the male sac's an bananas off only to have them grow else where's :( so I chopped them down. My last plant in that grow showed bananas 3 weeks before I was Gona harvest to I let it finish with no issues. Bud was smooth an potent so didn't effect anything. If ur close to finish I'd leave it if just starting flowering I'd chop it imo. If u don't mind seedy weed u could let it continue as well but personally I don't like seedy weed

Like spray the sack with water? Before I cut it away. And the plant is not loaded with them. Max one seed per bud growth at the node or whatever.

Yes, just a light spray. It's actually more common than talked about to see a few male sacs pop up. I've noticed it's usually towards the lower bud sites that are not getting the same lighting as the top.

I tried picking the male sac's an bananas off only to have them grow else where's :( so I chopped them down. My last plant in that grow showed bananas 3 weeks before I was Gona harvest to I let it finish with no issues. Bud was smooth an potent so didn't effect anything. If ur close to finish I'd leave it if just starting flowering I'd chop it imo. If u don't mind seedy weed u could let it continue as well but personally I don't like seedy weed

My first grow journal on here that happened to me heading towards the end of the grow. I panicked when I noticed them, went online and read all kinds of false information on bananas. So I chopped my plants down a couple weeks early.
Knowing what I do now, I would of finished them out. I don't believe his are bananas, they look alike for sure but to me I'm seeing a male sac that is starting to open. I could be wrong though.

Yes, just a light spray. It's actually more common than talked about to see a few male sacs pop up. I've noticed it's usually towards the lower bud sites that are not getting the same lighting as the top.

It's definitely a few not the entire plant. And the picture I posted was from a book haha not of my plant. I will try my best to get a good quality picture.

Ok, sounds good.

420-magazine-mobile634544525.jpg

420-magazine-mobile602584098.jpg

These are better pictures. It's so soon into flower a part of me wants to go ahead and pull it. These are supposed to be feminized seeds! Do you think I can maintain it or not worth contaminating the rest. I know I could spend 10 minutes a day grooming it for seeds. What do the pros think?

420-magazine-mobile634544525.jpg

420-magazine-mobile602584098.jpg

These are better pictures. It's so soon into flower a part of me wants to go ahead and pull it. These are supposed to be feminized seeds! Do you think I can maintain it or not worth contaminating the rest. I know I could spend 10 minutes a day grooming it for seeds. What do the pros think?

Well, I'm no pro lol but if there's one thing I've learnt it's to trust your gut feelings. If you have other plants flowering and losing this one doesn't change much for you then pull it.
It doesn't seem to have a pile of sacs in one spot so removing them now and waiting to see if any more pop up is the other options. It wouldn't be to difficult at this point.
How many plants do you have in flower?

Back
Top Bottom