Transplant from soil to hydro

Guys,

the update is that the plants grew wonderfully, in-fact literally exploded. Measured yesterday they were 70cm and I had 7 of them in the greenhouse, waiting for June to put them upstairs for flowering.

HOWEVER - YESTERDAY I WAS BUSTED BY THE SPANISH POLICE!!!

The door bell rang and here was the Guardia Civil!!

We couldn't believe it and are still in shock. We have a date right now at 9am at the Guardia Civil Office, wife must prove that we grow privately because she is taking MJ for her anxiety.

The joke is, growing, possession and even cultivating is legal respective decriminalized if it is for private use and "not visible to the public" here in Spain In other words: We didn't do ANYTHING wrong. We are furious!! And I am mad as hell!!

They took my seven plants and fortunately I could keep my $500 custom grow light and everything else. (Normally they would take everything, all equipment used for growing)

Keep your fingers crossed guys everything works out well. My opinion is they didn't have a right to even come in to the house, let alone take our property (7 plants and two jars of MJ). We asked them whether we get the stuff back, he basically said yes if it turns out we didn't commit a felony (trafficking) but of course we don't know if and how long it would take.

Needless to say I want my plants back TODAY. RIGHT. FRICKING. NOW.

In case you're interested: He told us the number of plants someone has doesn't even matter. He said with seven plants they simply can't tell whether it's for private use or for trafficking, but someone could sell weed with only 2 plants while someone could grow 100 plants and do it for private use. So it doesn't matter, there is no magic number that is "allowed".

Guys,

the update is that the plants grew wonderfully, in-fact literally exploded. Measured yesterday they were 70cm and I had 7 of them in the greenhouse, waiting for June to put them upstairs for flowering.

HOWEVER - YESTERDAY I WAS BUSTED BY THE SPANISH POLICE!!!

The door bell rang and here was the Guardia Civil!!

We couldn't believe it and are still in shock. We have a date right now at 9am at the Guardia Civil Office, wife must prove that we grow privately because she is taking MJ for her anxiety.

The joke is, growing, possession and even cultivating is legal respective decriminalized if it is for private use and "not visible to the public" here in Spain In other words: We didn't do ANYTHING wrong. We are furious!! And I am mad as hell!!

They took my seven plants and fortunately I could keep my $500 custom grow light and everything else. (Normally they would take everything, all equipment used for growing)

Keep your fingers crossed guys everything works out well. My opinion is they didn't have a right to even come in to the house, let alone take our property (7 plants and two jars of MJ). We asked them whether we get the stuff back, he basically said yes if it turns out we didn't commit a felony (trafficking) but of course we don't know if and how long it would take.

Needless to say I want my plants back TODAY. RIGHT. FRICKING. NOW.

In case you're interested: He told us the number of plants someone has doesn't even matter. He said with seven plants they simply can't tell whether it's for private use or for trafficking, but someone could sell weed with only 2 plants while someone could grow 100 plants and do it for private use. So it doesn't matter, there is no magic number that is "allowed".

Wow! That really sucks...

My question is even if you do get your plants back what kind of condition would they be in?
Would they know how to care for them properly?

Lol guys,

Forget the plants. We were there at the Guardia Civil at 9am with a lawyer and an interpreter. (We basically spent the entire day, just came back), They had our plants right there in the police yard but they cut them down as we left ;(

After four hours waiting for the translator, hanging in a cafe etc. it ended up that it's POSSIBLE the entire charade won't even go to court. We hope so. Lawyer said multiple times not to worry.

Of course my fricking awesome plants are gone now...but we did go back when we left and took the pots back with us.

The entire thing is sort-of so ridiculous and absurd I could write a book now. On the other hand I am glad they didn't take anything else, like the lights or whatever.

The other thing now of course, we cannot just continue growing like we did before. Need to grow indoors and not on the balcony. There is some asshole neighbor who complained about "the smell" which is ridiculous since the plants are not even flowering :) So If I just were to start growing a couple new or so...I am sure this neighbor would call again just because he sees me in the greenhouse on the balcony or if he sees the light. And we'd be in trouble again.

SO FOLKS...heed this warning..you cannot be careful enough!! Trust no-one!

Wow! That really sucks...

My question is even if you do get your plants back what kind of condition would they be in?
Would they know how to care for them properly?

They actually had them sitting in the sun in their yard...but I think they just wanted to be assholes when they cut them right when we left.

I'm glad you're okay.

If you like spanish so much why not come down to one of Spain's ex colonies, COLOMBIA :cheesygrinsmiley:

They just legalized medicinal cannabis in 4th quarter of 2015 and you can have up to 20 plants.

And you can apply for a license to sell it.

So i have a plant in soil probably about 4 weeks old from seed, and ive just built a bucket system so my question here is should i transplant my plant to the new system or just start a new one? I didnt wanna throw it away u know what i mean or waste time, but i wanna do whats best. Any info is appreciate it thx!
Well I just transplanted mine in to and 420 grow box… and my plant is in veg but now I regret doing it because it’s been a week and it’s still in shock and it was my biggest and busiest plant and it’s now smaller than my other plants (HElP) can I put it back into soil

IMG_1688.jpeg

Welcome to the group. There are a lot of helpful people here and they can come up with ideas and suggestions for just about any way of growing.

And I don’t know what to do
I am not sure you noticed but this is an older thread from 2013 to 2016. Every involved is gone and no longer participating.

To help us get started on helping you it probably is best to mention what you have done so far. What did you do to transfer your plant from soil to a water or hydro method? That info will help figure out the best ways to go back to soil.

And, let us know what kind of hydro or water method is involved in the 420 grow box. Some of the group might have an idea on how to leave the plant there and get it to perk back up.

My first question since it was a transplant....

Did you inspect roots before transplant?
Did you damage any roots during the process?
Shock is real...sometimes I've seen a plant bounce back in a few days other times.....its a wait and see what happens.
Are you using plain water? Or with nutrients?

What's the temperature, and pH?

Oh plan water ph at 5.5 to 6.0 how long will it be in shock…. Im starting growing in soil move all my plants in to hydroponic and they when to shock for a couple of days now they look good… but just this one plant is dwc and it’s still in shock and these plants are in hydroponics and growing

IMG_1602.jpeg

IMG_1690.jpeg

Oh plan water ph at 5.5 to 6.0 how long will it be in shock…. Im starting growing in soil move all my plants in to hydroponic and they when to shock for a couple of days now they look good… but just this one plant is dwc and it’s still in shock and these plants are in hydroponics and growing

IMG_1602.jpeg

IMG_1690.jpeg
And here’s the pic of the roots

IMG_1693.jpeg

IMG_1691.jpeg

My first question since it was a transplant....

Did you inspect roots before transplant?
Did you damage any roots during the process?
Shock is real...sometimes I've seen a plant bounce back in a few days other times.....its a wait and see what happens.
Are you using plain water? Or with nutrients?

What's the temperature, and pH?
Yes I did and no root damage

Water roots are different from soil roots and it takes a while for the plant to transition them.

We see it often in SIP Club, where a soil rooted plant will stall for maybe a couple of weeks as it transitions its roots into our wetter environment.

Your plant would be a great candidate for that type of container. Link in my signature if you want to explore it..

And here’s the pic of the roots
The two photos in msg #34 which is just up a few messages give me the impression that the plant is starting to suffer from root rot. There are some nice decently thick white roots but too many with a brown shade to them. Check through the hydro sub-forums and see if there are photos with similar looking roots and see what the hyrdo group said to do.

If the roots are suffering from a rot then there are ways to treat the water will probably kill the rot. Look closely at the long roots that are twisted together to see if there is a layer of slime.

The closest I have come to growing in a hydro or water method is to place cuttings in water to get them to start rooting. When I saw roots on any of my cuttings that were the same color as that I noticed that very few of them survived.

Back
Top Bottom