Please help me!

burnout

I, just like many others on this site, am fascinated by weed. I dont need to know everything because ive done quite a bit of research but since i can, i might as well just ask all my questions away and allow myself not to have to do so much research.
1. what is the perfect temperature you should keep your plants on
2. how far away should you keep your lighting from your plants
3. Is black cow good for fertilizer
4. How much water exactly is perfect for plant growth

:welcome: to :420:
1. what is the perfect temperature you should keep your plants on
2. how far away should you keep your lighting from your plants
3. Is black cow good for fertilizer
4. How much water exactly is perfect for plant growth

1)Anywhere in the 70's is very good
2) far enough to get light, not close enough that its hot
3) Im not sure
4) Much less than you think. When they are thirsty. It can range from 3-7 days or more depending on medium, size,etc

I recomend You edit your post as that type of asking is highly frowned apon sir. Id like to see you stick around if you really want to learn and not start off by upseting a moderator. :)

Edited the bottom part if that is what you ment. Im sorry if it wasnt to wise to do so. Things suck over here where im at though and it would be sick to find someone. Im not used to blogs and everything btw so i still need a little getting used to all this.

Thanks for the information you gave me btw, i really appreciate it

No problem. Im happy to help ya out sir. :)

Are you wanting to spend some money to grow or going ghetto? Soil?Hydro?
Have you read through any links? Like these---

HOW TO GROW MJ
TRICS 101

Or my favorite Pic link Creme de la Creme

Unfortunately, no i have not. I will deff be taking a look though. The creme de la creme link was pretty intense btw haha..very sick!
I have some money saved up but i cant afford to go balls out with things just yet so i wanted to start off on the cheaper side first. I would like to do it by soil tbh. A good friend of mine told me about the two types and said hydro is just kind of complicated and sort of a waste.
He didnt exactly say it in such a manner but pretty much.
Do you have any tips on how i should get stared?
I want a cheap yet somewhat efficient operation

Ill give you just a few pointers and some links for you to check out. Ill be back tomorow so just reply here and Ill see it then. :)

1-- Its gonna take longer than you think. Be prepared for that. Soil requires the most patience, but the stickiness is very rewarding.
2-- I highly recomend Bag seed for first few plants. At least til you stop killing them.;)
3-- You need to research things before you get over your head and kill your girls. That makes people give up.

GROW BOX

TYPES OF HIGH

IMG_20131007_164227_666.jpg
IMG_20131007_164227_666.jpg
IMG_20131008_062656_618.jpg
IMG_20131008_062644_129.jpg
Trial and error! (Along with alot of reading). I'm on my very first grow after about two months of googling, forum browsing, an asking a lot of Q's. I'm on week 2 now and think all my googling worked...

chooper85 :

Thats a pretty sick set up you got.
- How exactly does it work and
How much money have you invested in it?

The very basic 4 plant hydro setup I put together above all together cost me less then 200$ for everything. I'm a noob, but can share one or two things I've learned on my endeavor... 1-if you have a set budget, keep in mind that other costs will pop up along the way, (I'm just in week two and realized today that I'll be spending on a carbon filter already within the next day or so), and 2- I'll have to put together another budget for flowering lighting in another 2-4 weeks which will almost be doubling the total cost of my setup. ( I used (2pair) Walmarts t8 4' shop lights, 5 23w CFL's so far). I keep my fluorescents about 3" away from tops and CFL's 6" away from sides. Temp stays at 79-81 degrees, humidity in the 60's... that may not be optimal but has worked for me so far.

Spimp :

When you say you recommend bag seed, what do you mean? I have an idea of what you may be talking about but just to be sure i thought id ask anyhow.
Ik its not going to be easy and trial and error is very common in growing but im up for the challenge. I have done lots of reading but i feel like i still have so much more to read about haha i feel like there are always new ways of creating a system or enhansing bud growth:Namaste:

chooper85 :

Thats a pretty sick set up you got.
- How exactly does it work and
How much money have you invested in it?

Well i like the set up from what i can see and looks like there pretty health for the time being. I know there is a lot of work and effort involved but that another reason of why i am on here is to learn as much as i can, ask quickly as i can. Its best to learn through trial and error i think. I think its sick how many different set ups you see and how simple, yet cool some of these things can turn out to be. Now when you say Walmarts t8 4' shop lights, 5 23w CFL's so far). I keep my fluorescents about 3" away from tops and CFL's 6"
are those two different bulbs that you placed at once or....? Sorry for the ridiculous question if it seems like one

The 4' t8 shoplight is like 13$ at Walmart, bulbs are sold seperately, (just be sure to get the 6500k's), the CFL's are just your average little "twisty" type bulb. After I germinated using paper towel method, I placed seedlings into rock wool Cubes an set under the 4' light for a few days (hand watering). At 5 days when roots started popping out the bottom of rock wool, I placed into net pots and inserted them into the system. I hung my 2 Walmart light above, and stuck my CFL's on the walls surrounding... I used dollar store aluminum cake pans for reflectors lol. I'll try an upload another pic

The 4' t8 shoplight is like 13$ at Walmart, bulbs are sold seperately, (just be sure to get the 6500k's), the CFL's are just your average little "twisty" type bulb. After I germinated using paper towel method, I placed seedlings into rock wool Cubes an set under the 4' light for a few days (hand watering). At 5 days when roots started popping out the bottom of rock wool, I placed into net pots and inserted them into the system. I hung my 2 Walmart light above, and stuck my CFL's on the walls surrounding... I used dollar store aluminum cake pans for reflectors lol. I'll try an upload another pic

Nothing wrong with that haha so long as it works. I want to go the soil route though because of the situation i am in and cant afford to do the hydro at this point, i will go more into detail a little later but tbh, i rather not. Thanks for the lighting advice, thats one of the main answers ive been looking for and now knowing that i can go to walmart thats a hell of a lot more convenient.
In your pictures i noticed something that looks like a straw surrounding your plants, is that correct? At what point did you place them and do they really make a difference?

I interpret that he means he has the 4' T8 bulbs on the top and the CFL's on the side. Going from Veg into flower, he is likely going to be getting more bulbs in the 2700kelvin color spectrum of light as that produces the most favorable light during flower. Never limit your studies to the questions you can ask. Sure it is way more convenient for you, but being so new to something severely limits your knowledge about that thing and you will then be asking questions that have been answered a hundred times over and not questions that wil really lead you to any new information. When I first got to this site, before even introducing myself, I dug through all the FAQ stuff. Those links that spimp shared with you should keep you busy for the next 3 solid days and likely will answer every noob question imaginable, plus give you much more information that will then lead you to asking the tougher questions.

One of my first mistakes... placing the light too far away, caused what growers call 'stretch'. Stems got so long plants were in danger of falling over. So I took 2" lengths of straw, split down the side and popped over the stem... worked great. But could have been avoided had I known that fluorescent lights can n should be just a few inches away from tops.

I interpret that he means he has the 4' T8 bulbs on the top and the CFL's on the side. Going from Veg into flower, he is likely going to be getting more bulbs in the 2700kelvin color spectrum of light as that produces the most favorable light during flower. Never limit your studies to the questions you can ask. Sure it is way more convenient for you, but being so new to something severely limits your knowledge about that thing and you will then be asking questions that have been answered a hundred times over and not questions that wil really lead you to any new information. When I first got to this site, before even introducing myself, I dug through all the FAQ stuff. Those links that spimp shared with you should keep you busy for the next 3 solid days and likely will answer every noob question imaginable, plus give you much more information that will then lead you to asking the tougher questions.

Very good point, and i was planning on researching everything he has sent me i just didnt have time last night and have school this morning. Without a doubt will i be on later today though and possibly be reading my life away lol. Do you have any advice to give while dealing with soil and growing through that method?

I agree.. that's the key to success here... do alotta research. I googled for a good two months on methods, hydro builds, nute ratings, forum jumping etc, an even so still have made a few mistakes already.Doing research will hopefully keep any mistakes you make manageable o yes! And yes, I'll be switching up the game on the lighting for flowering... I'll be going with two sunburst 600 watt hps/mh combo fixtures, in the 2700k

I know the veterans often advise newbies to start growing in soil, and having done a soil and hydro, I can see why. However, in spite of this, I am still not a big fan of soil, or at least premixed soils because I just don't know (or understand) what is in it. Hydro, everything is right in front of your face, but soil to me is a mystery. I was also adding nutes to the soil and have begun to find that happy medium number where the plant responds well, but still, not a big fan of soil.

My next grow will be in a soil-less medium of small rock wool cubes. I will likely get stuck in this small closet again with the CFL reflector I built CFL Wing Reflector Design but I would really like to flower my beans under my HID.

What sized rail and net pots do you have pictured?

Back
Top Bottom