Please help! 5th week into flower

I still think it is nitrogen though, where is somebody with that handy chart with the pictures of deficiencies??

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3121.jpeg

Ph - is not issue, if it was symptoms and issues with it would appear in past. Water is constant with its Ph, my measurements as well, and my Ph correction is always identical with same scores

Zinc def - i doubt, since Zn is not mobile so new growth should be affected - but it's not, leaves are not deformed / distorted
Phosphorus def - strongly doubt, i have no necrosis/dark spots on leaves nor other typical symptoms of it

Can I rule out microelements defs, since I'm regularly foliar feeding my babies with a cocktail of such micronutes?

If yes, this issue is left with only N as possible deficit nute -> if so, should I add some in this stage of flowering?

Compare it to the phosphorous deficiency pictured in here: Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Looks similar, however with Phos deficiency it looks like all the plant nutrition is sucked from parts of the leaf, whether it's the center or the edges. In the OP's pic, it is discoloration to a lighter green as it moves distal from leaf veins. Without knowing exactly what the pH is, it's hard to diagnose.

Looks similar, however with Phos deficiency it looks like all the plant nutrition is sucked from parts of the leaf, whether it's the center or the edges. In the OP's pic, it is discoloration to a lighter green as it moves distal from leaf veins. Without knowing exactly what the pH is, it's hard to diagnose.

Maybe it's my eyes or my monitor, but looking really close at the OP's pictures, it looks exactly like the problem solver picture of phosphorous, but the tan/burned outer edge is very very faint on my screen. Maybe it's a shadow too, but that's what I'm seeing which made me think P was a possibility too.

That's my first next purchase - digital Ph meter.

Revisited my diagnosis and action plan - after closely observing them, I'll first flush them, then feed at half strength, slowly adding to full strength.

In between - foliar feed not to completely cut them on P-K and micro.

Thanks... it made me rethink everything.

I recon that Ph may not be single and most crucial - since molasses has abundance of Fe and Mn, it's highly possible, that absorbance of P is obstructed. That's what science says as well...

A) flushing
B) half strength nutes, slowly building up to full. I'll avoid molasses, will switch to raw honey for feeding soil flora
C) foliar feed for next 5 days not to cut them off completely on P-K until next watering
D) till then, I'll have digital Ph meter, finally

Will brief you shortly...

Not sure if a foliar feed after week 2 of flowering is a good idea as it can cause bud rot. Try not to get the bud sites wet if possible.
Good plan regarding pH meter.

That is a risk, I agree.

I did foliar feed twice yesterday, so it's to late to change that :) i know i shouldn't be doing it at this stage, exactly for this reason. I've given her a quick shot of what she needs, that's it. I really had to do something...

You were right - P deficiency!

2 of the worse affected leaves

IMG_20150226_211414.jpg
IMG_20150226_211638.jpg

I feel like if I neglected my children :(

I took paintbrush and foliar fed them, not wetting buds at all. Nervously waiting for soil to get dry so I can flush asap. I was never this mislead, could have prevented it from getting this much spread across whole plant.

I'd say I can expect lower gain from them, huh? Damn...

Back
Top Bottom