Please help and give me some tips and advice!

Sum1SumWhere

image27693.jpg
image27692.jpg

I have 3 plants one sprout and 2 seedlings and i was wondering if there is something wrong with one, one of them is a yellowish green color and looks like it is dying from the bottom up, i dont use many nutrients since the ones i ordered got lost in the mail and i have to wait for them to replace my order, i use a rabbit manure tea diluted a little to a weak tea and water with it when i water my plants skipping on it every few watering cycles, they got a little overwatered while i was at work and had a rain storm but they bounced back. So can anyone help with my problem? Also i started them during july and im in the south east region of the us so did i start wayy to late and are wasting my time or not? Will they still produce? Please help as soon as possible!

Rabbit Manure has an average NPK value of 2.4/1.4/0.6. They likely need a bit more potassium (K) since potassium is used by the plant for growing roots (among other things).

Will it produce?: Probably. In reality, young outside plants have about a one month grace period after the summer solstice to catch up and be sexually mature in time for fall. That gives them a good 3-4 weeks still.

Depending on when it starts getting cold (and how cold it gets), you could let your plants go later than average fall harvest dates if they still haven't finished by mid-late fall.

It usually starts to get cold around late September but im not talking about freezing just like 65-75 degrees with some 80 degree weather, it usually dosent get to the 60 and below mark until around early to mid october, but will the rabbit manure hold me over until i get my other nutes re-shipped? If not how can i increase the potassium in the soil until then? It should be around 2 to 3 weeks when my nutes get here
and is there any way i can increase potassium with stuff around the house until the time being? And also does molasses help? I got some roddenburys unsulfered molasses and ive read that it helps a little so could i try that also??

It usually starts to get cold around late September but im not talking about freezing just like 65-75 degrees with some 80 degree weather, it usually dosent get to the 60 and below mark until around early to mid october, but will the rabbit manure hold me over until i get my other nutes re-shipped? If not how can i increase the potassium in the soil until then? It should be around 2 to 3 weeks when my nutes get here
and is there any way i can increase potassium with stuff around the house until the time being? And also does molasses help? I got some roddenburys unsulfered molasses and ive read that it helps a little so could i try that also??

Molasses is good in small amounts for veg. I really get into the molasses (and sugars in general) during mid to late bloom.

For potassium you can do a couple things with household items:

-Blend up a citrus peel (lemon or orange is best) and a little water and put it in the water with the next feeding. Make sure you pH the water to about 6.5 or 7 before you give it to the plant.

-Sprinkle a little wood ash (don't use charcoal ash) onto the soil and water in. Be careful to not use too much, as wood ash is acidic also.

-If you can get kelp or seaweed, make a compost tea out of it and feed it to the plant with the next watering.

-Granite dust and greensand are carriers of potassium as well, but I've only ever seen them at grow stores, which I'm assuming you don't have around sine you are getting nutes mailed to you.

Also, with those temps you will be able to push them for as long as it takes! I'm jealous.

A noticeable application of perlite would have saved these nute burnt plants, even a standard flush, but it won't save your rep! from such 'gay' pots, ...be the man stick with black aero's, good for root development too

Only reason im using these white buckets is because i live wayyyyy out in the middle of no where and the closest place to get black planters is nearly 20 miles away so i used these and im wrapping them with black duct tape, and as for the "gay pots" idk how a pot can be gay? Maybe youd know a little more about that than i would but ill stick to the ones i have due to my circumstance

Ill try the wood ash one, i have a wood burning stove and i burn hard woods like oaks and have lots of ash left over so i guess its time to clean it out. And i dont know if your familiar but im getting a sample of hb-101 and was wondering if you have used it or heard of anyone using it and does it work? If not then i mean im getting it for free so it wont hurt to try

A noticeable application of perlite would have saved these nute burnt plants, even a standard flush, but it won't save your rep! from such 'gay' pots, ...be the man stick with black aero's, good for root development too

"Gay" pots?

Your pots are fine sum1sumwhere. As long as light can't penetrate the pot, a light color is actually better for your roots because the sun heats up black buckets like a tar on a roof and can cook your roots. I actually cover my black pots with plywood for this reason when I'm forced to used black pots outside.

Just put about a tablespoon of ash in each pot or you might over do it. Make sure you compost those rabbit poops before you make them into tea as well.

Never heard of hb-101.

As vastok said, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to perform a flush.

Thats what i was thinking, my buddy uses black pots and it cooked his roots and ruined his grow since its been almost 100 degrees here lately and as of flushing when i water that plant i let the soil get really dry and when i water it i let about 50 to 75 % of the water i add run off the bottom so idk if that is a good propper flush

Im also getting a soil ph test kit soon to see if my ph is still right i used the strips and it said it was okay but those strips arent as acurate as the kit im getting but about the pearlite i dont think it is nessesary because the soil i have drain really well on its own and is the same soul i have in my tomatoe garden i just dug some up and used it

Now that i think about it i have flushed my plant about a week ago, noticed i had some ants trying to move in so i looked online and someone said to keep flushing watter throgh it
And it will drive them out so i did and the next day no sign of them at all

Re: Please help and give me some tips and advise!

Im also getting a soil ph test kit soon to see if my ph is still right i used the strips and it said it was okay but those strips arent as acurate as the kit im getting but about the pearlite i dont think it is nessesary because the soil i have drain really well on its own and is the same soul i have in my tomatoe garden i just dug some up and used it

Some waste/drain water is generally a good idea for every watering, but a flush is when you take 3x the size of your pot and put that amount of water through your medium to flush out any nutrients that are existing in the soil (or, hopefully, at least the ones that are burning your tips a little). Basically your starting with a blank slate or at the very least, less available nutrients than you had before. Wait until the next watering or even the second watering after the flush to start giving it nutrients again.

I'm a fan of perlite personally, but I don't know if a lack of it is the cause of the yellowing.

It could be nute burn but idk, the only nutes ive used is the rabbit manure tea but that dosent have much nutrients to it at all and the soil i used i dug it out of the tomatoe garden before i prepared it for this years plants so it nutrients probably got used up from last years crop so could it just be the potassium or somthing? What all do you think it could be?

Did you compost the manure with wood chips until it crumbled?

You should probably just let it sit out in the sun for a couple days just in case. You can't use fresh manure on cannabis, it will burn it up with too much nitrogen all at once and dehydrate it.

Back
Top Bottom