Please Help - Bug or Deficiency?

2bfree

I have a Northern Lights which has been showing the following symptoms. Half the leaf (side) is pale (lime color) with a curled tip. I haven't found a visible insect, but it could be some sort of leaf miner. It appears to be more at the top of the plant, but there is some evidence lower down. I am growing organically, outdoors in soil. This plant is in a pot. Please advise?:reading420magazine:
31738.jpg

21997.jpg
15005.jpg

I forget what it's called, but it's a genetic error. The yellow part of the leaf doesn't produce chlorophyll as efficiently as the rest of the plant. I have had to kill a couple of plants with this same genetic error. I don't know if the yield comes out different because of lack of chlorophyll, but I didn't want to take the chance.

EDIT: The plants that I tossed, had this happening to half of each leaf, on half of all the leaves. Yours doesn't look as bad.

I believe you're right! I found this bit of info. Seems healthy, so I'm going to see what she does. Might be interesting.
Quote:
Two-Toned Leaves

Two-toned leaves usually have split coloring in a relatively straight line. This mutation often affects just one or two leaves on the whole plant, though sometimes you'll get a whole stem or part of the plant that displays this characteristic.

The two-toned leaves don't seem to have much effect on anything, but it's kinda cool looking!

I believe this happens due to a type of "variegation" (wikipedia link) and may be due to "sectorial chimera". Other plants besides cannabis plants can have this happen, too!
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom