Please Help Cap timer issue! EMERGENCY!

datrippp

Ok, Heres the problem I have a brand New C.A.P. ART-DNe rcycling timer, The problem is it just stays on, I need 1min. on, And 5min. off. Anyone know what may be going on.. Please help, Im gonna lose a whole batch of clones if I cant get it working right...

Sounds like your going to need to call R&M tomorrow.
(866) 476-9768

Sorry man. It mentioned there is a photostat eye on that unit. This may sound totally "dumb" but have you tried the unit, with and without light?

Only thing I can think of with that timer. Should work right out of the box.

SF

Ive had pumps fail..on the cap....3 so far but thats just plain old pump issues. Ive been in the aquarium biz long enuf to realize how junk the pumps are.
If I restarted mine I would by a controller as a back up

OK, It seems that the relay isnt switching, so it just stays on. The relay has SRT-1C on it, but I cannot find that relay anywhere, or a wiring schematic for this timer. It looks as if the relay may be wired wrong, because there is no lead going to the OFF side contacts. anyone out there have a schematic for these that will tell me what wires to what contacts..
I have to manually turn my aeroponic unit on and off every 5-10 min. what a pain in the arse.. But there is no stores here that sell these, and waiting 3-4 weeks for a warranty isnt an option, Im probably gonna have to order a new one so I can get it in a resonable time, But if anyone knows whered I can get a new relay, or a schematic that would be great..
Also, with an aeroponic unit, can I run the pump 15 min each hour, instead of 1 min on, 5 min off? then I could just use a standard timer till I can get this one taken care of.
If I have to get a new one, I dont think Ill get another C.A.P. Product.
Anyone know about the apollo 3? its a fixed timer, but if they work then screw it. This timer is Brand new, So I know its not just old and worn out. I did notice that it had a screw about 4 full turns out, Does C.A.P. sell refurbished units through the hydro stores as new units?
Thanks for any input, Im just afraid of losing a whole batch of clones, I dont think I can get 23 more from the donor... lol..

Wow! maybe you got a timer that somebody else bought and molested
then returned it.
I run my aeroponic cloner on a 15 min every 1.5 hours with no problems so you can go with that until you get a better timer if you still need one.
Another good recyling adjustable timer is the Encore unit which retail for about $80

Did you call R&M?

They replaced two electronic ballasts for me. They sent me the new one, and then I sent the old unit back to them. They understand that you may have "tomatoes" that may require immediate attention.

Also, just wondering if you had a chance to speak with them and describe your issue? Did they say the unit is DOA, or not repairable?

Finally, I can't imagine that a fairly reputable company like CAP fixing (refurbing) products and then sending them out in their supply chain as new. That would be pretty unethical and not a great way to strive to meet customer satisfaction.

Just trying to offer you some thoughts.
SF

Ya, I called them this morning, And he said it sounded like the relay was sticking, He said they could replace it, if I send it to them after I get an RA#, And it would take 2-3 weeks..
Also, I wouldnt think they would do the whole refurbished as new, But you never know nowadays. Unfortunatly, It seems ethics are a thing of the past anymore when it comes to the all mighty dollar.. Just look at the prices at a lot of the dispenseries, I mean 90 bucks for an 1/8 of just decent medical MJ is crazy, Its only a matter of time before greed makes it to where the government is in 100% control of the dispenseries.

Ya, I called them this morning, And he said it sounded like the relay was sticking, He said they could replace it, if I send it to them after I get an RA#, And it would take 2-3 weeks..
Also, I wouldnt think they would do the whole refurbished as new, But you never know nowadays. Unfortunatly, It seems ethics are a thing of the past anymore when it comes to the all mighty dollar.. Just look at the prices at a lot of the dispenseries, I mean 90 bucks for an 1/8 of just decent medical MJ is crazy, Its only a matter of time before greed makes it to where the government is in 100% control of the dispenseries.

Well I feel for you man! I know it must be frustrating.

A thought. Have you tried calling perhaps an electrical supply house in your area. Timers are a pretty standard item they may stock. Obviously not CAP, but perhaps something that might satisfy your requirements with a cycle.

Again, just offering you some suggestions.

Sincerely,
SF

Thanks stinkfinger, Ya ive checked the couple that are here, But hell Im in a city of only about 60 thousand, so there really isnt crap here other than like home depot and places like that. Im gonna see if maybe I can just get a new relay and try that first, We do have a grainger.. lol...

Thanks stinkfinger, Ya ive checked the couple that are here, But hell Im in a city of only about 60 thousand, so there really isnt crap here other than like home depot and places like that. Im gonna see if maybe I can just get a new relay and try that first, We do have a grainger.. lol...

dude...stop pullin your pud and OVERNITE a NEW controller. you will have a backup....you should have a backup anyway

Got it taken care of finally, theyre gonna send a new 1 once I gave em the tracking # of the bad 1..
Viper, I would love to have a new one overnited, but im dissabled, and cant find work, And Ive been outta work since last june 3rd.. Hence no spare money at all.. They say they cant hire me because of my back, and the medication im on for it.. Not the mj, but the horrific narcotic also known as methodone..

Got it taken care of finally, theyre gonna send a new 1 once I gave em the tracking # of the bad 1..
Viper, I would love to have a new one overnited, but im dissabled, and cant find work, And Ive been outta work since last june 3rd.. Hence no spare money at all.. They say they cant hire me because of my back, and the medication im on for it.. Not the mj, but the horrific narcotic also known as methodone..

sorry to hear that. Im disabled myself and have been down the narcotic route. at one point I was prescribed 1 gram of oxycodone daily...not good.
with quality buds I now use I might need a couple pills every day or 2......Im not totally pill free and will never be but its way better than what I had to do previously. I feel you bro.....as far as what I said about overnighting one...thats in a perfect world which doesnt exist. stay the course bro and if there is anything I can help you with n the system just ask. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom