please help! flood trey PH thre the roof

kwar2010

420 Member
Hi everybody, I have a 2x4 flood trey with aprox 22 babies starting up. 12 r seeds and the rest r clones bout 6 to 8 inches tall. Everything started fine, only using half strength sensi grow A/B. Then just a week ago I started adding calmag and florolicious plus to equal ouit sum deficiencys. Since then I had to remove brown snotty slugde that was growing on the airstones. Now the airstones r gone brown slugde is caked on everything( res, trey, hoses, etc since this mystery sludge came on scene my ph will be balabced at 5.8 by morning its back to 7. I've tried flushing, and H202 has no effect. Can anybody help me determine a resolution and save my babies, too much time and effort to just cut ties and start over. Any help is much apprcitated. Thank u

What size reservoir are you using, and how much Floralicious are you using/adding?

The Floralicious is pretty thick to begin with and it sounds like this is what's "caking" your stuff. Also, make sure your reservoir is being mixed constantly, either with the air-stones, or a free standing pump.

You mentioned you already did a flush, and I'm assuming that it (sludge) came back from what you described. Perhaps try doing a flush and eliminating the Florolicious plus to see if this is the cause of your problem?

SF

Floralicious will cake up air stones and power heads...remove the filter on the power head and remove the nute in question...clean everything well

my res is a 25 gal. rubbermaid, i only fill up to 20 gals. and the flourolicious im only using 1mL/gal. the airstones kept the water from going stag but the airstones seemd to be sucking up and packing on the sludge. ill just throw in a free standing pump too keep things moving. the flouro and calmag are cut out as of today, hopefully it will workitself out after a nice clean. Thanks guys +rep for the helpz!

Back
Top Bottom