Please help - Leaf problems and stunted growth!

Herbshuttles

Background:
I'm growing two purple kush plants in GH coco coir and perlite in 5 gallon smart pots (each) inside of a grow tent. Plants are 5 weeks and 3 days old (38 days from seed). One plant is problemed the other is healthy and beautiful. Humidity level around 40%, temp 70-78. Using two 300w viparspectra LED lights. pH of the water/nute feed is always 5.8-6.2 (however the runoff of the problemed plant is 5.6 while the healthy one is 6.0-6.2). I'm using GH nute line (flora series) drain to waste.

I noticed early on (about 2-3 weeks in) that one plant was faring slightly better than the other. A week later the difference between the two started becoming more apparant. The problemed plant started having deformed growth (one leaflet would be missing on one side) or sideways curving growth on a leaflet. Both symptoms are easily seen in the pictures I will provide. I also noticed a lighter color green on newer growth. Leaves looked slightly blistered and skinnier than the healthy plant. Flash forward to present and problems have gotten slightly worse/ stayed the same. Healthy plant is now very easily noticeably better and growing faster. After all my research I figured the problem could potentially be broad, russet or another type of mite that is invisible to the naked eye. I purchased two microscopes (one 15x and one 60x-100x). The 60x-100x is extremely difficult to use however when I got it working I found no mites or mite eggs in the many leaves I searched. The 15x is extremely easy to use and I also found no mites or mite eggs after extensive searching under leaves. I've been stressing over this and would really appreciate any help I can get! It's been a nightmare. Below, I'll attach many pics of the problemed plant in white light and one with my LED's on. I'll also attach a pic of the healthy plant in white light (very last pic). Any help greatly appreciated!!!!

Now I'm starting to notice a few small tears on some leaves edges and also a slight tear in one leaf in the middle. Looks more like damage from a dry bending, probably caused by me searching for mites. Still no mites found but doesn't mean they aren't there. I might just treat with avid and fluromite and neem oil just in case... not sure what else to do

You could also check your soil ph. Mine is always raising above 7 so I have to adjust to 5 to get around 6 for maybe 2 days then it raise again. Also ensure you have good air movement

The runoff water was 5.6 which is .2 - .6 less than i water. Which to me says the coco is acidic which could be due to salt buildup from nutes. I'm going to flush tomorrow however I'm still worried I have pests. And yes , I have a mini hurricane fan Rustling the leaves and moving air around the tent which gets sucked out through my carbon filter

The runoff water was 5.6 which is .2 - .6 less than i water. Which to me says the coco is acidic which could be due to salt buildup from nutes. I'm going to flush tomorrow however I'm still worried I have pests. And yes , I have a mini hurricane fan Rustling the leaves and moving air around the tent which gets sucked out through my carbon filter
That seems great. Last time my plan t look like that was after transplantation and also once because of bad ph. But ex except from that your leaves are good green so maybe it's a root trouble because of bad watering. Maybe.... Flush is always a good idea IMO. All the times I had trouble and flushed everything went very nice after

Problems started right before transplant. I thought maybe it was getting root bound but problems only got worse after transplant. It's hard to believe the pH is off considering I used the same feed for both plants but who knows. I'm flushing now with flora kleen , I'll let you know how it's looking in the next couple of days

Both plants have been flushed with 5 gallons each. The healthier one still has some salt buildup on the side of the smart pot but I'm not worried as it was healthy to begin with. Got my fingers crossed. If symptoms worsen or spread to the healthy plant , I'm assuming mites and I'm going to all out war!!!

Back
Top Bottom