Please help some kooks, Root Rot?

Jamers

RDWC system 4 Air Pumps 3 Air stones per rubbermaid and one in the res

During our last res change we had to fix a few problems with our plumbing so the plants were out of the rubbermaids for far longer than i would have liked.
Since then the roots have taken on a bit of a brownish colour which im hoping is not root rot.
We are using DNF Black as part of our nutrient mix which stains the water brown, could this be staining our roots or does it look like root rot??
The roots that are not in the water are a nice healthy white colour but maybe that is due to them being new roots which were not dried out ?

A friend suggested we add cal mag as they were looking a bit deficient during our res change as well as 27% h202 at half the recommended dosage.

Res Temps are 71f, a bit high i know were trying to get them down with a DIY cooler today. They were hovering around 68f but we upgraded from a 400W MH to a 1000W digital MH dimmed down to 75%
Ph is 5.6 Room temps 78f RH 55%
Today we added DNF Hydro Sparkle on the advice of our local shop to try and clean them up

Any help tips suggestions would be greatly appreciated

IMG_06879.jpg

IMG_06887.jpg

IMG_06896.jpg

IMG_06907.jpg

IMG_06917.jpg

IMG_06926.jpg

IMG_06935.jpg

rsz_img_0694.jpg

Re: Please help some kooks, Root Rot??

Dutch Mazter's Gold Range Zone will solve your problems, not 100% sure what kind of infection you have there but the stuff works miracles. Start out at the aggressive dose and dial it back as you do res changes, it does not evaporate so don't add more when you top off.

You could try cooling your res with a HEPA filter, if you have dry air evaporation is a very powerful cooling force. I blow HEPA air over my res and that keeps it nice and cool. Be sure to add an aquarium heater so it doesn't get too cold.

How much aeration do you have under your roots?

Hey maer,

Thank u so much for your reply, Getting alittle stressed out over here! Should be gettin :tokin:

as for aeration we have two marina 200, one marina 300, and the biggest top fin air pump split between the two reservoir's with the plants. Those pumps are feeding two 6 inch air stones, two smaller ball shape air stones and one 4 inch air stone. Also have a marina 300 and 6 inch air stone in our external res.

are u familiar with hydrozyme? we have some is the only reason i ask, will look into getting some Dutch Mazter's Gold Range Zone. Also will look into HEPA cooling sounds interesting!

Thanks again dude!

I used zyme and zone but quickly ran out and am using zone only. I couldnt comments on which works better because I used them both at once.

But I can say the zone alone will kill whatever is in there and keep it gone. Zyme is more to dissolve excess dead material to keep it from becoming a food source for bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom