Please help us pick a light

Hi, Again, @missty80 . I've not read anything about CMH decreasing CBD production. Not saying it's not true, just that I haven't seen anything on that. I think it'd be a great choice, but you have to do what you feel is good for you. Lots grow with LED's and do great.

The MH tent setup should be fine.

For sleep and pain, you may want to look for Northern Lights. I like the Pyramid Seeds version as it has higher CBD content vs the others.

Getting started can be very confusing. I spent months researching prior to getting started, so I feel your pain. Don't worry, you got this.

this will be my LAST post about this annoying subject i promise :3
You are talking about helping out your mother, ask as many questions as you need to. None have been annoying so far, that’s exactly what this forum is for.

I think any of those lights will work. If you need help when assembling it all, don’t hesitate to ask as many more questions as it takes to help your mother.

:passitleft:

Haha I got my pics removed most likely ...
............edit
Check out potsquatch grower on the tube he had a little something to say about Mars hydro the light is amazing. till he tried to give the people 15 percent off........ and Mars hydro had something to say
yeah, but he flew off the handle for a simple, cheap, effective light discount,
There isnt a light on the market, that can touch the Mars ts1000 for the price, plug and play and he wants a 15% discount?lol,,
Mars told him to get lost, lol, more less, as they should of.

For a newbie that wants plug and play lights, I wouldn’t hesitate with Mars lights. I’ve run some of their lights for years. I think they are a sponsor here and may have a discount code for members.
For a 3x3 I’d do the TSW 2000 if I were on that budget. More light spread over a larger area will get you the results that your looking for, rather than 1 directional smaller hot spot light.

well guys, it's been one LONG and irritating--but extremely helpful--process. irritating to me, i mean...not bc of you guys :3

last night, i officially Pulled The Trigger.

i sent back all that cheapo crap i got before and replaced it with what i think is nicer stuff that'll last longer.

i got all the dank shit. Mega Crop (or is it Mega Grow or Mega Green? ffs i can't remember anything anymore), those funky air pots, coco, a high speed inline fan + filter/prefilter from ac infinity, ducting, a solid grow tent, and i ended up getting a 315 hooded CMH light, though i went cheap for right now and didn't get the Philips bulb, but i'll prolly get that once this stock bulb goes south.

and just to treat myself for all the massive headaches i've gotten poring over endless websites and filtering through all the BS or the past 4-5 weeks, i got a cute ganja farmer t-shirt to go with it all ^_^

guys, once again--my sincere thanks and appreciation for your patience, kindness, and guidance. i truly appreciate you.

my mom texted me her thanks too, but i'll type it out instead of posting a SS of the text, bc her Boomeresque texting is like impossible to decipher:

"hon: please thank everyone on the site for helping us out. i know it isn't easy and it's a lot to process, but it means the world to me. they've helped me more than they can possibly know. please give them my sincere gratitude and tell them i wish them all the best."

now all i have to do is wait for stuff to arrive (should be tues for the last items to show up), by then my seeds will have popped and this gal will be ready to start her lil' old grow journal :)

i guess we can end this thread then, i hope you guys will drop by and see how the ladies are faring during my very first cannabis journey, i just hope i don't kill em :3

thanks again guys.

@Mayne :green_heart:
@CADBOY :green_heart:
@Alafornia :green_heart:
@NolaGrow :green_heart:
@DrDoob :green_heart:

and everyone else who pitched in :green_heart:

<3 misty

well guys, it's been one LONG and irritating--but extremely helpful--process. irritating to me, i mean...not bc of you guys :3

i sent back all that cheapo crap i got before and replaced it with what i think is nicer stuff that'll last longer.

i got all the dank shit. Mega Crop (or is it Mega Grow or Mega Green? ffs i can't remember anything anymore), those funky air pots, coco, a high speed inline fan + filter/prefilter from ac infinity, ducting, a solid grow tent, and i ended up getting a 315 hooded CMH light, though i went cheap for right now and didn't get the Philips bulb, but i'll prolly get that once this stock bulb goes south.

and just to treat myself for all the massive headaches i've gotten poring over endless websites and filtering through all the BS or the past 4-5 weeks, i got a cute ganja farmer t-shirt to go with it all ^_^

guys, once again--my sincere thanks and appreciation for your patience, kindness, and guidance. i truly appreciate you.

my mom texted me her thanks too, but i'll type it out instead of posting a SS of the text, bc her Boomeresque texting is like impossible to decipher:

"hon: please thank everyone on the site for helping us out. i know it isn't easy and it's a lot to process, but it means the world to me. they've helped me more than they can possibly know. please give them my sincere gratitude and tell them i wish them all the best."

now all i have to do is wait for stuff to arrive (should be tues for the last items to show up), by then my seeds will have popped and this gal will be ready to start her lil' old grow journal :)

i guess we can end this thread then, i hope you guys will drop by and see how the ladies are faring during my very first cannabis journey, i just hope i don't kill em :3

thanks again guys.

<3 misty
Awesome now the fun stuff begins. Be sure to put a link here when you start your journal so we’ll see it easier. :thumb:

:passitleft:

thanks again guys.

<3 misty

Flippin' awesome. The stock bulb should do just fine. It feels good to finally get it over with, doesn't it? :D

Tell Mom we hope the meds you guys grow do well for her and that her treatment is a complete and total success. If you need help with strains we have that too.

Feel free to stop by my journal any time to just hang out. Drop a message in there when your journal is up.

Peace and love.

AWESOME Misty!!!!!! Very welcome!!!!!!

Hopefully soon, Your Mom gets some cheaper relief!!

hi this is my first post and i'm desperate, my mom is a MMJ cancer patient and the costs here are getting too much for her to afford, i'm her caregiver and she wants to grow a couple plants here at home...

she can't stand for very long and can't bend so it's up to me to do all the researching and growing, i read a couple sites and decided to do this bubbleponics thing. i have the tent, the pots, the bottle nutrients, tubing, air stones, clay balls, and all that stuff but i'm totally confused about lights and after a month of researching i'm getting really worried and desperate.

we have a 3x3x7s grow tent big enough to hold one plastic bin, a fan with a carbon attachment, now we just need to know what light to buy.

i've asked in other forums for a month now but we just need a straight answer please! my 67 year old mom doesn't care about growing 12 ounces of weed per plant or mini-maxing her plant size or anything, she's chronically ill and stressing about this as much as i am because it's like we just can't get a simple straight answer, if some kind person would just please tell me what to buy.

my mom is on a pension and she can't spend $1000 on lights, it just isn't possible, she has limited income. but people say to avoid purple LEDs from amazon because they don't work well, so that seems to leave me with quantum board LEDs.

here's the recommended info:

Strains: LSD autoflower (sativa), Lemon Potion autoflower (CBD indica), both were listed as "short" plants with "easy" grow difficulty
# of Plants - 2-3
Grow Type - hydro
Grow Stage - not planted yet
Setup - bubbleponics with air stones
Light - not sure yet
Nutrients - this 3-bottle set i got from amazon suggested by the website i read
Medium - clay balls from germany, i forget the brand name right now but they look like terra cotta clay balls
PPM - idk
PH - not planted yet
RH - nothing yet
Room Temperature -nothing yet
Solution Temperature - nothing yet
Room Square Footage - 3x3x72
Pests - none i hope when the time comes

idk if this is allowed, i'm sorry if it isn't, but here are the choices i'm looking at right now, please don't judge, this is all new to us.

i don't know science, i'm not an electrician, numbers and figures mean nothing to me, i just want someone to tell me what works so i can buy it and be done with all this researching, my mom needs her medicine and i need to give it to her, i'm her caregiver and she depends on me for everything so some nice person please just tell me what i need, how many, any extra parts, or whatever else so i can finally get this growing started and tell mom relief is on the way.

HLG Quantum-Board-Grow-Bloom-3000K

Meijiu-QB288-Samsung-Led-Quantum-Board

Kingbrite-250W-HLG-QB288-V2-Samsung

Horticulture-lighting-group-135-watt-quantum-board-led

idk if these are the same or different, i just need to know which ones are best and will give decent amounts of cannabis, we want to make it worth our time and $$ so my mom can stop paying these crazy prices because she needs 2-3 ounces of cannabis per month and the cost is killing her faster than cancer is =(

otherwise i'm just going to buy a couple $70 blue-red LEDs from amazon and put them all in the top of the tent and hope for the best, because it's all getting very overwhelming for both of us and i need to get her the help she needs. please help us!!

thank you very much
Misty
Well I’m an Old School Grower And I’m learning more about Modern Technology Lighting and have put the only one that I can afford on my Disability Pension. Anyhooow, If you’re able to afford the Best Modern Light I suggest that you go to - marshydro.com and get the New Cree C.O.B. Chip On Board LED GROW LIGHT now if you’re not able to afford that set up then go with/ The 900 watt Full Spectrum LED Mars Hydro II Light! Now as fI’m ar as if your using a tent be certain to Get the 1680p Mylar because it’s Quality made and much more Durable than the cheapest one I’ve been there and done that trust me you’ll want to avoid it at all Cost! here’s My Mars Hydro II 900 watt LED IN MY 4x4 FusionHut/tent. Also as Important Your SOIL MIX must be full of things that Marijuana loves! Because you’re a Cancer Patient I feel you’re going to NEED THE BEST BUD POSSIBLE!!! If you’d like I will share My Special Soil Mix /w U.
C5E30FE3-B782-44D3-9F26-77156ADDA148.jpeg

Attachments

• 9F33AED6-14D8-4BE7-910C-6030648CED91.jpeg
    9F33AED6-14D8-4BE7-910C-6030648CED91.jpeg
    473.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 984BAD84-2217-4AD5-9377-05EFB7FC55D5.jpeg
    984BAD84-2217-4AD5-9377-05EFB7FC55D5.jpeg
    605.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 755F19C8-A427-4BD5-836B-FF534661160F.jpeg
    755F19C8-A427-4BD5-836B-FF534661160F.jpeg
    612 KB · Views: 183
  • AD20B908-258B-4AAA-8966-CA48E95FEF64.jpeg
    AD20B908-258B-4AAA-8966-CA48E95FEF64.jpeg
    622.3 KB · Views: 177
Oh my Word please tell me you’re NOT TRYING TO GROW HYDROPONIC MARIJUANA PLEASE?
THE HEALTHIEST AND ALL NATURAL BEST WAY IS To Grow it like Mother Nature Does No? I’m Truly So Sorry I hadn’t seen this Advice Given you SOONER I suppose you’re too far in to turn back now However if you ever want to come to the ORGANIC GROWERS SIDE I’m always here.

Sincerely Don D. Namaste The MIND IS A POWERFUL TOOL!!! Namaste

hi this is my first post and i'm desperate, my mom is a MMJ cancer patient and the costs here are getting too much for her to afford, i'm her caregiver and she wants to grow a couple plants here at home...

she can't stand for very long and can't bend so it's up to me to do all the researching and growing, i read a couple sites and decided to do this bubbleponics thing. i have the tent, the pots, the bottle nutrients, tubing, air stones, clay balls, and all that stuff but i'm totally confused about lights and after a month of researching i'm getting really worried and desperate.

we have a 3x3x7s grow tent big enough to hold one plastic bin, a fan with a carbon attachment, now we just need to know what light to buy.

i've asked in other forums for a month now but we just need a straight answer please! my 67 year old mom doesn't care about growing 12 ounces of weed per plant or mini-maxing her plant size or anything, she's chronically ill and stressing about this as much as i am because it's like we just can't get a simple straight answer, if some kind person would just please tell me what to buy.

my mom is on a pension and she can't spend $1000 on lights, it just isn't possible, she has limited income. but people say to avoid purple LEDs from amazon because they don't work well, so that seems to leave me with quantum board LEDs.

here's the recommended info:

Strains: LSD autoflower (sativa), Lemon Potion autoflower (CBD indica), both were listed as "short" plants with "easy" grow difficulty
# of Plants - 2-3
Grow Type - hydro
Grow Stage - not planted yet
Setup - bubbleponics with air stones
Light - not sure yet
Nutrients - this 3-bottle set i got from amazon suggested by the website i read
Medium - clay balls from germany, i forget the brand name right now but they look like terra cotta clay balls
PPM - idk
PH - not planted yet
RH - nothing yet
Room Temperature -nothing yet
Solution Temperature - nothing yet
Room Square Footage - 3x3x72
Pests - none i hope when the time comes

idk if this is allowed, i'm sorry if it isn't, but here are the choices i'm looking at right now, please don't judge, this is all new to us.

i don't know science, i'm not an electrician, numbers and figures mean nothing to me, i just want someone to tell me what works so i can buy it and be done with all this researching, my mom needs her medicine and i need to give it to her, i'm her caregiver and she depends on me for everything so some nice person please just tell me what i need, how many, any extra parts, or whatever else so i can finally get this growing started and tell mom relief is on the way.

HLG Quantum-Board-Grow-Bloom-3000K

Meijiu-QB288-Samsung-Led-Quantum-Board

Kingbrite-250W-HLG-QB288-V2-Samsung

Horticulture-lighting-group-135-watt-quantum-board-led

idk if these are the same or different, i just need to know which ones are best and will give decent amounts of cannabis, we want to make it worth our time and $$ so my mom can stop paying these crazy prices because she needs 2-3 ounces of cannabis per month and the cost is killing her faster than cancer is =(

otherwise i'm just going to buy a couple $70 blue-red LEDs from amazon and put them all in the top of the tent and hope for the best, because it's all getting very overwhelming for both of us and i need to get her the help she needs. please help us!!

thank you very much
Misty
just throwing this in I have a viperspectra 450 watt led wasn't sure what to expect from it but I'm impressed for the price they do work good
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom