Please help us pick a light

4 of them would rock a 3x3, LOL...

Hey Misty, im just tryin to help, You do what you think is the best way for you. Ive never used CMH, i know they get hot to, are bulky, IDK,lol..

@Mayne i see what you're saying, but if that's the case shouldn't i just get this one for $267? or will just 1 have the same problem as having 1 of the other lights?

MARS HYDRO TSW 2000W Led Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg Bloom with Updated LED White Growing Lamps
or this one for $175, it's an HLG quantum board...
QB288 V2 & Slate 2 Double Combo

Right. Hmmm.. what did i spot there.. oh aye, no jiffy pucks. They're a bit prone to stunting plants. The root riots are 100% safe.
2L pots aren't big enough unless your plan is to grow loads of them. Want 3-5gal for autos. Personally I don't see any difference between the 2 sizes but need at least 3 gal/ 12-15L. More space for the roots equals more weed :)
I've never used that megacrop, it's different from the usual nutes most of us use but there is someone who does very well with it.
@farside05 is it you?

@Barney86 will those bigger pots and bigger plants fit inside a 3x3 space? i was told to not do any fancy topping or anything bc autos don't have time to recover from the stress, i should just do a little LST and leave it at that...

another member said bigger pots will make bigger plants and they could get crowded inside that small space...

remember this is the very first time i'm doing this and i need to bring in at least SOME stuff for my mom, idc if it's just 1-2 oz per plant but i gotta get it going =/

i really had no idea this was gonna be so hard, life lesson don't promise anyone something until you're sure you know what you're doing and can figure it out x.x

<3 misty

@Mayne i hope i didn't sound bitchy there, i wasn't trying to...i really appreciate everyone's help, it's just that it seems like what one member says is perfect another person says is all wrong...it's hard figuring out who's right and who to believe when you guys all seem to know what you're doing, i'm really just trying to do this as simply and cheaply as possible :3

<3 misty

@Mayne i hope i didn't sound bitchy there, i wasn't trying to...i really appreciate everyone's help, it's just that it seems like what one member says is perfect another person says is all wrong...it's hard figuring out who's right and who to believe when you guys all seem to know what you're doing, i'm really just trying to do this as simply and cheaply as possible :3

<3 misty
no no no, didnt take it like that. Trust me, i understand your frustration, and everything is time sensitive. The most important thing right now, is to up your odds of success from the very beginning. With good lights, good pots, good soil and good ole patience, you will have good meds in no time, well, 3 months at the most.

<3 misty
You should pick one person and stick to their advice. Everyone is telling you their own experiences, methods and preferences which are based on their own environment and budgets and most seem to be ignoring yours. Your list looks good and should get you going very nicely.

The only thing I question is why the epsom salts? I’ve never used them but thought it was for budget conscious people who didn’t have a CalMag supplement, which you also listed.

Good luck, and have fun!

:passitleft:

Photosynthesis relies on mag sulfur quite a bit, especially with LEDS for some reason. Think it has to do with the higher spectral consumption, like Emerson effect, which induces the plant to take more of it up.

Typically, you want to use calmag thru seed to last 3 weeks of flower, and just mag last 3, then flush, because they plant doesnt need cal towards the end, but wants mag, and most calmags are nitrogen heavy, and you dont want nitrogen last 1/4 of flower.

Right. Hmmm.. what did i spot there.. oh aye, no jiffy pucks. They're a bit prone to stunting plants. The root riots are 100% safe.
2L pots aren't big enough unless your plan is to grow loads of them. Want 3-5gal for autos. Personally I don't see any difference between the 2 sizes but need at least 3 gal/ 12-15L. More space for the roots equals more weed :)
I've never used that megacrop, it's different from the usual nutes most of us use but there is someone who does very well with it.
@farside05 is it you?

Yes I use Mega Crop, along with @InTheShed , @MrSauga , and a few others. This is my Mega Crop feed schedule. The Pro Tekt and Cal-Mag are optional. InTheShed uses just the Mega Crop and does well. Both of us use Pro-Mix as our growing media.

I also like to use jiffy pellets for sprouting my seeds. To me they are the most forgiving way of doing it.

@Mayne i see what you're saying, but if that's the case shouldn't i just get this one for $267? or will just 1 have the same problem as having 1 of the other lights?

MARS HYDRO TSW 2000W Led Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg Bloom with Updated LED White Growing Lamps

I know in another thread on lighting that @SmokeSara (the resident Mars rep) suggested the TSW 2000 for coverage in a 3x3, and it was my recommendation earlier.

I use 5 gallon cloth pots and run up to 4 plants in a 32"x32" tent. There's not a lot of wiggle room. It's almost like doing SOG.

ok so i was away over the weekend, i finally got some much needed rest...took my tent out and went camping by myself with some shrooms and orange herijuana and just chilled...god i needed it...

ok so back to business, thanks for all the recent input but i thought my setup was fine? the pots, the coco loco, the CMH light i posted, isn't that all good for doing a decent 3x3 grow? =/ i'm starting to get kinda confused again X.x

one person says a 600w "blurple" light does .75g per watt, another person says blurples are terrible, another person says coco loco is hard to use, another says it's easy, omg i feel like i'm starting all over from the beginning again and i thought we'd gotten all this figured out :confused:

i just don't know anymore...
Just go to Amazon pick up a 1200 watt Bloomspect for $110 plug and play that's what I bought and this is what it produced

Attachments

• 20190723_183508.jpg
    20190723_183508.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 20190716_005317.jpg
    20190716_005317.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 71
  • 20190716_005145.jpg
    20190716_005145.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 64
  • 20190716_004946.jpg
    20190716_004946.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20190712_173421.jpg
    20190712_173421.jpg
    554.5 KB · Views: 74
hi again guys ^_^

so here's an update: my mom is getting very anxious after all this time and no real progress (from me, not you guys). i need to make a decision about these and go with it, and live with the consequences or benefits :3

i guess i'm kinda cheap about the whole thing and not wanting to spend a lotta $$ or use my CC and get into debt...i guess that's my gypsy heritage coming through...should prolly just put on a babushka and try to steal one of these damn lights from somewhere and put an end to the whole mess amirite :rolleyes:

my mom insists on these points:

- it has to be no more than $250, and even 250 is gonna be kinda rough on her expenses.

- it can't run hot and require any extra venting or complex exhaust system anything, she just doesn't want to deal with it or spend the extra $$ for more parts or costly upgrades.

- it needs to be cheap to run, no big spike in her electric bill.

- no risk of fire, if they find out she's growing weed it could be big problems with the association, MMJ card or not, and my apartment isn't big enough or equipped to house her and her medical equipment and a grow setup.

- it needs to be adequate for a 3x3 grow tent, doesn't have to be 5 oz per plant but it needs to be a good yield.

anyway i've narrowed it down to these lights. sorry about posting links but i see no other way of getting good feedback. if you can, please check them out and reply as quickly as possible before they take down the links like before. i gotta make this decision TODAY if i can before my mom starts freaking out for real =/

Grow tent + one Mars TSW 2000 grow light (tent ix 39x39x70) with free shipping, plus i plan on scrogging (i just learned that word and it sounds like something nasty though it isn't lol)

alibaba quantum boards, please look at specs, they seem identical to other good quality boards for much cheaper (plus it's free assembly for one, and free shipping for one, the others are about $200 including shipping):

Kingbrite-250W-HLG-QB288-V2-Samsung

Meiju-Fomex-High-Power-480W-Samsung

250W-Kingbrite-quantum-board

Meijiu-QB288-Samsung-Led-Quantum-Board

meijiu-rita-fang-Quantum-board-288

HLG QB288 V2 & Slate 2 Double Combo

Grow Co 315w CMH with Philips 3100k bulb - i'm a little unsure about this bc i've read "UV increases THC and decreases CBD", and my mom DEF needs her high-CBD cannabis for nighttime and for falling asleep.

if that's true, plz disregard this and the next light bc she can't decrease CBD in her plants, if anything i'm hoping i can increase the CBD somehow :3

315w CMH, see above for UV stuff:

1800w "full spectrum" LED, idk any other specs:

if you fine gentlemen @Mayne, @NolaGrow, @CADBOY , @farside05 , @DrDoob, and the rest of you sweet guys would kindly give me your "final verdict" on these choices, i'll go ahead and make my purchase...

i'm so grateful to all of you guys and i really appreciate your expertise and patience, i know i've been taking up a lot of your time and prolly being annoying af too x.x but i promise i'm gonna move forward once i get this sorted out so i can get finally get seeds in the ground and start the grow journal.

this will be my LAST post about this annoying subject i promise :3

<3 misty

Pre-assembled 250w Kingbrite Quantum Board,Qb288 V2 Lm301b Led Grow Light

for all the reasons you pointed out.

ps. Im shure we can all agree, that we all like helping you. So please keep posting your annoying questions ;)

@CADBOY thank you, i know it must get irritating when someone seems to be asking the same questions over and over...ugh...trust me i'm tired of it too, i just want everything done and shipped so i can start doing the actual work and stop screwing around with this preliminary BS x.x

so this ONE light by itself is ok for my 3x3 space? i need to be absolutely sure bc i can't mess up the first grow and deprive her of her meds, then have to spend the extra $$ and wait for another grow cycle, i'm trying really hard to do things as good as i can from the beginning...ik there's always a learning curve but that's ok, i just need to know the one light is giving ample light coverage so i can buy it and be done with all this lighting bs.

thanks again.

<3 misty

thank you, i know it must get irritating when someone seems to be asking the same questions over and over...ugh...trust me i'm tired of it too, i just want everything done and shipped so i can start doing the actual work and stop screwing around with this preliminary BS x.x

<3 misty

Nope not at all. We are hear to teach, share, help and hangout together. Aint that what new friends do? Glad your a go get er type of person ;)

I will stay tuned for all your updates, questions, comments, your grows and your camping stories ;)

250w light wont max out your 3x3 tents abilities in this department. However its a great range, that will give you great results. Most people incl me usually try and max out our tents abilities to squeeze anything more from it. In your situation you need a great solution that gives great results, not the maximum best results.. im sure this light will cover most of your grow area and your plants will grow very well for you. Growing techniques always improve quantity in grows, example: scroging.

Yes this 1 light will do you good.

Leds are like computers, right after you buy it something better always comes out. But this light is not old technology and hase a proven track record in grows.

This is only day 43 under a Marshydro SP 250. It covers my tent wall to wall perfectly. But before I had the Marshydro Eco 120 and it just wasn't quite large enough to cover the entire tent sense I got 4 plants going. 2 autos and 2 photos. I recommend the Eco 120 for a 3x3 tent for good coverage. It will only run you about $140. Good luck... Happy growings from Nola~:snowboating:

Attachments

• 5861324431.jpg
    5861324431.jpg
    646 KB · Views: 77
Hello Misty, our TSW 2000 is only 300w, usually you will need 400w LED grow light to cover the 3x3 space if you want to grow great yields, but this one 300w will grow better than the 400w ones, since it has better PPE, Traditional led grow lights usually get PPE at most 1.8umol/j, while our TS series you have over 2.15umol/j; That is how it can save electricity;
Compare to normal quantum board, we use only 0.6ma to drive each chip; while the other ones use around 1.5ma to drive, (as the chip is expensive, some just want to use higher ma to get the same wattage so they don't have to use more chips to save cost), but we have more of chips on the panel, which will help the whole output the same strong, but more balanced. What is more, smaller current will help with the lifespan even longer; :circle-of-love:
You may also notice the reflector cup design. We have also made experiencement before using it, without it, the light cannot be that focus and strong compared with the data having it. We do everything to help growers get better lights. :green_heart:You happy, we will be happy;
And the benefit purchasing from Mars hydro than most other suppliers on alibaba is, we have warehouse worldwide, you don't need to pay high shipping cost, also we have repair center, whenever you have issues with our lights, we can help solve very quickly.
Hope you a great day and happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom