Please help

cspWarsaw

I have a feeling i've given her root rot. first time watering last night and this morning when I checked on her she has some serious droop. any confirmation of root rot? or am i jumping the gun?
SAM_0432.JPG

Re: Plz help.

Hey Warsaw ... Um they look small so pull them out of the pot and check um my man....are they dry when you water?....is that a clone?... Have you nuted them?....how old is she?...:ciao:

Re: Plz help.

Get that foil off!

How is the soil supposed to breath? And the undersides of leaves really don't process light, so if you're using it as a reflector, don't.

DD

Probably the first signs of being root bound. You didn't include the pot in your single photo, but I am assuming that the plant needs a larger pot. I shoot for 5 gallons as the best overall size for indoor growing.

Best to take at least 3 photos of a plant when asking for advice. We need to see the entire situation, including the pot, which is a huge part of the plant's growing environment. ;)

And YES! GET RID OF THAT FOIL!!! Plants need air for their roots! You could be suffocating it with that foil straightjacket ;)

Lastly, you can't pull a plant out of the ground to check
the roots. Well, actually you can, but you just killed your plant in the process. :laughtwo:

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

appreciate the advice. the foil is removed. the pot is large enough, it was transplanted from its seedling pot to a 3 gallon bucket. its on a 16-8 light cycle and as for the bud on the top that has been there since i received the clone, it just keeps turning into more leaves.

i'm assuming the plant was cloned at the wrong time, i know for a fact that it was cloned during the mothers flowering cycle. hence the 'bud'.

I'm obviously new to this and only came across this plant because a friend needed to pass it off.

i'm simply growing it in my spare bedroom under a couple of cfl's until tomorrow when my light ballast is complete.

the only question I have now is, if it is root bound (i've only had the plant for 4 days) can i fix it now that it is planted in its larger pot?

How tall is it?

3 gallon pot is OK for anything under 30". If you plan to go taller or wider, or long term as a mother, then 5 gallons is a much better choice.

If recently transplanted might take a few days to recover from transplant shock. B1 transplant solution is good to have on hand. Mixed with water, if you saturate new soil with that and water with it once more after plant is in the new pot, shock can be totally avoided.

Drooping after watering is almost always a PH issue. Did you PH balance your water to 6.5 before watering? Make sure the water temp is the same as the environment the plant is in.(not too cold) I keep a jug in the bottom of my grow so it is as warm as the medium.

The PH of your soil should be 6.5 also. Did you add any dolomite lime to your soil before planting? If not next time add 2 TBSP per gallon of soil mix well dry, water in and let sit for a few weeks before using to allow the PH to stabilize.

Looks like the middle road of Nitrogen deficiency too. If you have not given nutes id say its ready.

wow finally some good answers, I should first say I have not used nutes and will incorporate them into my next watering. the water i used was definitely cold.. wont happen again.

second I don't have a PH tester.. I don't know where to get one. in my grow journal i explain that i have no access to specialty store because i live in a very small town. i'll have to maybe order one. unless you can get it at walmart.

third.. wtf is dolomite lime.. god i need some direction with this.

cspWarsaw said:
wow finally some good answers, I should first say I have not used nutes and will incorporate them into my next watering. the water i used was definitely cold.. wont happen again.

second I don't have a PH tester.. I don't know where to get one. in my grow journal i explain that i have no access to specialty store because i live in a very small town. i'll have to maybe order one. unless you can get it at walmart.

third.. wtf is dolomite lime.. god i need some direction with this.

Go up to Amazon.com and type "ph meter" into a search. There are dozens out there. I use and recommend the PH-200 by HM DIGITAL. It has auto calibration feature which makes using it and getting accurate readings much easier. HM is a well established and respected maker of laboratory test gear. Much more accurate than most of the "pocket" "consumer grade" meters that most folks seem to end up with first, but eventually replace with something quality like the PH-200. :thumb:

cspWarsaw said:
thank you, any other equipment i should have, doesn't hurt to know while im' looking.

Lets see...

General Hydroponics pH UP and DOWN solution, a 7.0 base solution for calibrating the meter. Maybe some 4.01 base solution for the same purpose.

You can make your own UP and DOWN but might be good to start with the GH if you can afford it. I think the whole kit with the up and down and test solution etc. Is under $20.00. Does not include the 7.0 or 4.01 cal solution though.

Back
Top Bottom