Please Help

Mikieh1

420 Member
can anybody tell me the cause of this problem. There's a lot of confusing info online and don't know wher Togo from here TIA

16168741909775233759307024457495.jpg

Check out this link..... How to ask for grow help We need more info, What’s your media? What nutes? Do you use cal-mag? How often do you water? Do you adjust ph? What value on ph? Whole plant picture? What’s your light spacing? Rh?

30 is still too hot about 28 is your max for indoors unless you are pumping co2, if your ambient is 30 then your leaf temp is prolly off the charts. Before you adjust anything else place your hygrometer at canopy height and take a reading. Indoors its not enough to monitor the temps you must control them

welcome to 420

Growing in soil the only mutes I've used is big bud 0-1-3. Water twice a week. I don't know what Cal mag is. I've tested the soil for n p k and pH, pH is neutral and n p k look good as well.

Growing in soil the only mutes I've used is big bud 0-1-3. Water twice a week. I don't know what Cal mag is. I've tested the soil for n p k and pH, pH is neutral and n p k look good as well.
You say you water twice a week. How did you determine that's what she required. You may not be watering properly for starters. That can cause nutritional issues. What kind of lights do you have led?hps?etc?
Also what is the rh in her room . If the rh is off she won't transpire properly.
Could also cause issues. Also that plastic pothow long has she been in it. Possible root issues.
And drainage is there proper drainage and ability to get air????

What kind of soil? There’s a zillion brands. Coco is not the same as soil, we need you to be very specific. If it’s a well buffered soil, which brand? did you modify it? or home brew soil with amendments versus dirt from your yard.... all this matters greatly. Ph is neutral tells us nothing we need a number

To test soil ph requires a slurry test with distilled water. How do you test soil for NPK? Runoff ph or ppms are not reliable, runoff contains chemical salts from nutes and fine sediments so the numbers are skewed anyway. Don’t worry about runoff ph or ppm numbers.... only worry about your input ph or ppm numbers. If this is bagged store bought soil then they prolly set the ph correctly, I would suspect new grower issues, wrong ph, poor watering habits etc... not the soil - of course I could be wrong here.

Cheapie soil probe meters are not worth a nickel in the garden. Cal-mag is calcium & magnesium, your plant needs NPK in the right ratios plus it needs calcium and magnesium. Watering on a schedule is really bad... I gotta roll but Bill284 will get you squared.

More will jump in later

Thanks for help so far and It's in general purpose compost and been is the plastic pot from a seed, the soil test kit is is one you mix soil with water then mix in capsules of powder and it changes colour according the amount of nitrogen etc. Not the most accurate I figure but does indicate the mutes are there. Reading what you guys have said it is probably a mix of all those things

Thanks for help so far and It's in general purpose compost and been is the plastic pot from a seed, the soil test kit is is one you mix soil with water then mix in capsules of powder and it changes colour according the amount of nitrogen etc. Not the most accurate I figure but does indicate the mutes are there. Reading what you guys have said it is probably a mix of all those things
If she has been in that pot for a good enough time and it wasn't good soil to begin with she might need proper nutrition. Big bud is a flowering product and has no real value to her. She probably needs a good feed aswell as above mentioned questions my friend.

We ask the questions because coco, soilless and a true soil each have different needs. It’s very common for new growers to water too often especially in soil. Gravity works so even when top layer is dry for an inch or two - the bottom still holds water, it’s the wicking action of the soil.

Try this with your buckets even if it’s been days since the last watering... tilt the bucket to steep 45 degree angle & prop it up so it won’t tip over, leave it propped up overnight. See how much the container pees out. This is the perched water table, it’s like a hidden lake inside your bucket. This will reset the perched water table to a new more normal level. It’s really bad to water on a schedule, for soil grows it helps to run the wet dry cycle. Fill a same size bucket as your container with dry soil, use as a comparison weight. It’s called lift the pot method, you want your bucket to be light as a feather before adding any more water. In veg mode run the wet dry cycle hard but in flower mode you can water the soil more frequently.

Do the tilt the bucket deal before watering again, if any water comes out then wait at least 2 days before watering again you may need to wait even longer. We all know there’s hydro methods where the plant grows straight in water but in a soil based grow the roots can’t breathe in a wet soil, if the roots can’t breathe it will stop growing. Roots must grow first below ground before anything can happen above ground

Check back in to let us know how it’s going.

Back
Top Bottom