Brown leaf spots

Doughnut

Hello there guys! New member here from the PH. I just want to ask what might be the problem of my plant. You can see in the pic the brown spots. Grown in soilless mix. Temp is around 25-27 Celsius. Humidity is 60-70%. I researched the web and couldn't find what seems to be the problem. Any thoughts and exp. regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Attachments

• IMG_20190319_200020.jpg
    IMG_20190319_200020.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 47
Hiya and welcome @Doughnut I'm baby butt new myself, but those spots look yellow to me not brown...hopefully we can get some smart person up in here soon to weigh in but I did a search and looked at something called
Leaf Septoria which seemed to me to match up maybe with your high humidity? Just a guess.

My spotting issues usually are from PH imbalance churning up some deficiency or burning them under a too hot too close light. What are you growing under, and what nutes are you using if any? That's what the old timers will want to know.

Hello and welcome.

Many here can help but they will ask to have details of your grow area...size, lights, temps, RH. Also what strain, age, nutes your using and ph, ppm. Etc.

I’ll follow and learn along with you because I have no clue either. Possibly CalMag but I don’t think so.

Hello and welcome.

Many here can help but they will ask to have details of your grow area...size, lights, temps, RH. Also what strain, age, nutes your using and ph, ppm. Etc.

I’ll follow and learn along with you because I have no clue either. Possibly CalMag but I don’t think so.
Hello there sctanley007. I guess this would help.
Grow area: 2x2 sqm
Lights: 2 15w led cool white
Temp:26 celsius
Humidity:60%
Strain:unknown sativa dominant strain
Medium: soilless mix with slow release ferts
Fert: not using since soilless mix has it already
I already quarantined and sprayed a lil bit of fungicide just to make sure it won't spread if it really is a fungal disease. I don't think it's a fert issue coz only one side of the plant is affected.

Hiya and welcome @Doughnut I'm baby butt new myself, but those spots look yellow to me not brown...hopefully we can get some smart person up in here soon to weigh in but I did a search and looked at something called
Leaf Septoria which seemed to me to match up maybe with your high humidity? Just a guess.

My spotting issues usually are from PH imbalance churning up some deficiency or burning them under a too hot too close light. What are you growing under, and what nutes are you using if any? That's what the old timers will want to know.
Hi there pbass! Thanks for correcting me with the spot color. I just hope it's not leaf septoria. But in case it is I already sprayed fungicide on my plant. I'm using 30w LED and soilless mix as my growing medium. Nutes are already in the soilless mix. Only one side of the plant is affected (specifically only that leaf is affected). I'll post another pic in case another spot emerge.

What that looks like to me in the pic is water drops that were on them parts of the leafs from watering and the light burned. Water drops are like magnifying glass with light hitting them on plants.

What that looks like to me in the pic is water drops that were on them parts of the leafs from watering and the light burned. Water drops are like magnifying glass with light hitting them on plants.
Hey there CO finest. Thanks for the info. Actually you have a point. I'll just closely monitor if some spots still emerge. I'm spraying water on my plants before but only this time some spot emerged.

I thought the same initially but to me it looked like one leaf was maybe partially missing / chewed.

Possible bug but that part missing is right were the dead spot is so just a fan blowing or movement can cause it to crumble.

Maybe a few more pictures would help. Looking at it again, it may be the lighting, but the plant looks pale too.

Since you said you're not using nutes and no calmag, I say a light dose of nutes (like a quarter dose) along with calmag and I'd throw silica in as well (2ml a gallon but I grow in dirt). The silica helps toughen them up a bit and endure stress situations better. IMO.

At 45 days chances are the ferts in the medium are probably nearly exhausted. But that may depend on the brand as well.

Maybe a few more pictures would help. Looking at it again, it may be the lighting, but the plant looks pale too.

Since you said you're not using nutes and no calmag, I say a light dose of nutes (like a quarter dose) along with calmag and I'd throw silica in as well (2ml a gallon but I grow in dirt). The silica helps toughen them up a bit and endure stress situations better. IMO.

At 45 days chances are the ferts in the medium are probably nearly exhausted. But that may depend on the brand as well.
I'll try to post another pic later. Yes it's kinda pale. I'm also thinking maybe the ferts are nearing exhaustion. But as of today no more spots emerge. The plant still pale green but growing faster than before. I also lift the lights 2 inches above. Lower leaves are curling and dark but the upper leaves were pale.

Back
Top Bottom