POLL: Native Americans Growing Hemp: Sovereignty Collides With Government

Should Native American Nations Be Treated Differently Than Anyone Else?

• Yes. They are sovereign nations.

Votes: 82 57.7%
  • No.

Votes: 54 38.0%
  • Other - please explalin

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters
Hemp should be a legal crop everywhere. Period.

It would not suprise me one bit if any or all of the information in our textbooks was wrong or simply left out when it came to the American Indians. I simply argue that we cannot all be free until we all demand to be free. Only united are we strong enough to overcome the odds against us.

If the tribes continue to be lured by capitalism and carrots, the once great nation will continue to fall to the drugs that have been given to kill them, hoplessness and alcohol. I would grant statehood to any Native American tribes still living on tribal land, in a heartbeat.

Thanks 'Man...I should have tested that link. :smokin:

Oppressed people more than conquered.

The reservations I have been to in NM seemed pretty oppressed to me. No offense intended. Now back to the subject at hand, what were/are the Native Americans uses of hemp?

If the Native American Nations (or any other "Indian Nations) can have their own laws outside the national govt. I think they should be free to grow or produce what the Hell the please.

I didn't ask for it to happen either, but it's done. So I am supposed to hand over our land because it was taken years ago by bad men? I would have to give slaves and the french the southrn U.S.. the Brits get the N.E. and the Mexicans get the southwest, the Indians get the rest. Now where do I live again?

A reminder to everyone, this thread is about Native Americans growing hemp. 420 Magazine is not the place for name calling. Let's keep things civil and stay on subject - hemp.

I don't think we (Native Amercians) shouldn't be treated diffrent. I know as of right now only a Medacine man (holyman) can poses, grow and give @@@@@@ to people. I think EVERYONE should be able to grow, sell, smoke and trade good ol MARYJANE! She was a gift from the Earth. Smoke up!

Well, I've got my peace pipe packed.

Everyone Everywhere should be able to consume or grow cannabis responsibly Anytime Anyplace

I agree with Boss. I am also part American Indian. They should join us in the fight with the rest of the country...or the half that is willing to participate. Everyone should have equal rights.:hippy::peace:

Back
Top Bottom