Post grow blending

Not sure where to post this one, but this seeded like the most likely place to try.
Is post growth blending of cured buds the same high as growing a cross/hybrid of the same strains?
Example: If you grew a skunk plant and a northern light plant, then you cured them. Mixed a bud of each and rolled one up and smoked it, Would it have the same high as smoking a joint of a skunk x northernlight hybrid?
I grew some bag seed indoor last grow. 4 plants from same bag with 4 slightly different look and highs, from stoned to heady. Also grew a plant outdoor from different bag seeds with a very nice mellow high. I mixed a piece of 5 different buds together and wow, totally different more intense smoke.

I dont know if it's the same as what a hybrid would offer but quite often on a Friday or Saturday night, I twist up what I call potpouri. Right now I only have Yumbolt 47 & White Widow in my coffers so that's what i mix. These potpouri joints are heavy hitters. The highs are super intense and very trippy. My only advice is when blending two or more hi grades, make sure you have no obligations for the rest of the day, dont drive or operate any machinery. Crank some tunes and chill out on a cool early Fall eve with good company. It's gonna be one of the greatest highs you'll have had! ;)

Ty for the heads up Bandit.
Can't wait for the NL's to get flowering. I have 4 NL's and one bag seed in the same room. Its the same bag seed I grew outdoor this summer, so I hope to test my theory eventually. Just went 12/12 today. Looking to let a male NL pollinate the ladies for some seeds. I hope the bag seed is a fem to get a NL x bs cross. Grow her next, then test. If he's a male he's toast.

I save all of my roachs and when there is enough, I put it in a coffee grinder to blend them together. I enjoy not knowing what I am going to be feeling. When you smoke the same strains you know whats coming.

Yes I recently started doing this. I am running low on super lemon haze and i love it so I mix arjan ultra haze 1 and slh. Nice. The arjan haze just isnt strong enough for me so i mix and its good. White widow with anything is good. It takes a week strain and boosts it up.
I am glad you posted this because its been on my mind

Post grow blending is turning out some awesome joints.

I have Northern Light from 2 grows ago and White Widow, Kandy Kush, Vanilla Kush, Super Skunk and Papaya from the last grow. There are 50 possible combination's to be made with either 2, 3, 4, 5, or all 6 strains.

I'm sure I will not get a chance to try all, but I made a chart and am keeping tract of which I like and are exceptional.

I also looked up combination's that are close to what strains I have to try them first, such as White Rhino which is afghan x ww. I don't have afghan so to speak, but vanilla kush is a pure indica, so I use that in my mixers for afghan. and Super Skunk for any skunk etc..

Have mixed wither 2 or 3 different strains so far, and have been impressed by all of them.

Especially last night when I twisted up a NL x WW x SS. Smoked it with 2 friends and we were all crushed. Very intense.

Interesting question, never considered it before but would have to agree that blending is more effective than crossing (at least for us mere mortals). When I roll joints, any leftover goes into a tin and the next joint, seems to improve it. Gives you a lot of variability and is def much faster than growing all those strains.....

I twisted one up last week of WhiteWidow x VanillaKush x a little dash of each Papaya and Super Skunk

My girl friend and I went out to dinner and she couldn't read the menu, and I wasn't much better. We were both wasted for cpl of hours.

It is the strongest of all the mixes I have tried so far.

I can see why White Widow has made it in to so many crosses. It has been real good for blending.

Back
Top Bottom