Optimal Smoke -- WaVancouver's Bag Method

WaVancouver

Remember Folks, THE SLOWER YOUR BUDS DRY, THE SMOOTHER THE SMOKE!

Hang your buds in a dark room (place them on screens or newspapers) in a dark, ventilated room. In 24-48 hours (or when the surface of the buds are dry) , put them in a bag and close it! After 24 hours of being in a dark, dry paper bag, alternative to the following:

Alternate to open-air to closed bag as follows:

1. Open air for 24 hours
2. In paper bag, 8 hours
3. Open air for 16 hours
4. In paper bag, 6 hours
5. Open air for 12 hours
(continue as necessary)

IN 3 OR 4 DAYS, BUDS WILL BE READY FOR CONSUMPTION AND STORAGE!

Tip: I always use a paper bag and I do not use plastic bags in drying/curing buds. This is because plastic promotes condensation from the buds in the bag which can result in molding

:bong: HAPPY SMOKING, EVERYONE!!

I joined the site 12 days ago and out of my 35 posts, only 3 people have replied to them...WHY? Am I really that lame?

Yeah, I JUST heard about that a few seconds ago. Boss is having Internet troubles and such

Remember Folks, THE SLOWER YOUR BUDS DRY, THE SMOOTHER THE SMOKE!

Hang your buds in a dark room (place them on screens or newspapers) in a dark, ventilated room. In 24-48 hours (or when the surface of the buds are dry) , put them in a bag and close it! After 24 hours of being in a dark, dry paper bag, alternative to the following:

Alternate to open-air to closed bag as follows:

1. Open air for 24 hours
2. In paper bag, 8 hours
3. Open air for 16 hours
4. In paper bag, 6 hours
5. Open air for 12 hours
(continue as necessary)

IN 3 OR 4 DAYS, BUDS WILL BE READY FOR CONSUMPTION AND STORAGE!

Tip: I always use a paper bag and I do not use plastic bags in drying/curing buds. This is because plastic promotes condensation from the buds in the bag which can result in molding

:bong: HAPPY SMOKING, EVERYONE!!
Okay..you want people to respond so I'm going to do so. You start off your post really well with the "THE SLOWER YOUR BUDS DRY, THE SMOOTHER THE SMOKE!" statement then give a example of a quick dry method without any mention of cure. Drying is only a "small" part of the full dry and cure process and really effects the smoothness of the smoke very little. Personally I have found that when I first hang my plants the outer bud dries fairly quickly but the inner bud stays really wet. A few extra days of "hang drying" seems to fix this problem. You also don't mention manicuring. Manicuring too soon can allow a bud to dry to quickly which can lock in that chlorophyll taste. Manicuring too late will allow the leaves to become crispy critters and make manicuring a messy process which will also dilute your trim if you decide to make bubble from it.

Now I'm not saying your drying process is wrong. It's actually a really nice method to dry bud with but it doesn't take into account for the cure in any way which is what truly makes your bud smoke smooth. The drying process really just removes the moisture and chlorophyll.

I hang them in dark room, closet or shed slow drying for at least 7-10 days usually just when you can SNAP a limb off, trim larger leaves, than go into glass jars that are opened daily for about 30 mins, every 3 days buds are removed and rotated, i due this for about 12 -15 days trim again return to jars and open only other day for 30 mins for another 7 days and it turns out WONDERFULLY smooth .......

Ok - since this applies to what I am doing right now and replies were requested, I have a question:

I dried my buds for 10 days (hanging)((I will be trying the above method though as an experiment - thanks WaVancouver)) manicured them and put them into a glass jar. However, when I opened it again last night to load a bowl I found all the once crispy buds soft and wet again! Why did this happen and what should I do about it without over drying the bud?

Ok - since this applies to what I am doing right now and replies were requested, I have a question:

I dried my buds for 10 days (hanging)((I will be trying the above method though as an experiment - thanks WaVancouver)) manicured them and put them into a glass jar. However, when I opened it again last night to load a bowl I found all the once crispy buds soft and wet again! Why did this happen and what should I do about it without over drying the bud?
Yep! Moisture in the stems. that's the whole process and part of the cure as well. Dry, seal, open and allow to re-dry repeat as neccessary. With the moisture are gasses that are released as well. Drying and curing can make or break a grow. Just recently we had a lady and her hubby that found this out the hard way.

Okay..you want people to respond so I'm going to do so. You start off your post really well with the "THE SLOWER YOUR BUDS DRY, THE SMOOTHER THE SMOKE!" statement then give a example of a quick dry method without any mention of cure. Drying is only a "small" part of the full dry and cure process and really effects the smoothness of the smoke very little. Personally I have found that when I first hang my plants the outer bud dries fairly quickly but the inner bud stays really wet. A few extra days of "hang drying" seems to fix this problem. You also don't mention manicuring. Manicuring too soon can allow a bud to dry to quickly which can lock in that chlorophyll taste. Manicuring too late will allow the leaves to become crispy critters and make manicuring a messy process which will also dilute your trim if you decide to make bubble from it.

Now I'm not saying your drying process is wrong. It's actually a really nice method to dry bud with but it doesn't take into account for the cure in any way which is what truly makes your bud smoke smooth. The drying process really just removes the moisture and chlorophyll.

yeah, i can't believe I didn't mention anything about curing. I haven't checked this post I made in 2 days. I'm kinda embarassed, oh well!

Thanks DaMago and Racefan I have left it open longer and now that stuff is turning out A grade! :clap:

Back
Top Bottom