Post some stories of your past experiences

Rockskipper

I remember a time about 35 years ago in Bakersfield Ca,

Me and my brother left Alaska looking for work on the west coast and ended up in Bakersfield, thats where we found work in the consturtion trade. We did'nt have any money when we got there so we were living pretty poor.

We finally got our feet under us after about six months or so and we thought we'd grow this plant on our balcony, no problems for the next 4 months ( the plant was growing great, 4' tall with all the branchs tied down. Probably 3' around.

Came home one night and all that was left was a dirt clod, lol. The fence was 5' high so they could'nt see it from the outside, still pissis me off to this day.

To this day I think it was the guy upstairs that was able to look over the rail and told somebody about it.

That was the biggest plant I have been a part of.

After getting settled in after a move out of state,I set up my grow room. I have harvested 4 grows so I am stll a novice. I purchased some white widow seeds and started to grow it in a hydro box. This is my first time with a plant that is mostly stativa. Every thing going great the plant is growing rapidly so I am adjusting the light height. It gets to just under four feet. It's time to change water so I carefully set the plant on a stand and proceed to change water.. Goldie my mighty lab desides to check out the plant and knocks it over. I run out in a panick like a parent getting to a injured child, gently replant. I'm taking a wait and see attitude. Well three days later BOOM we are back in business its growing. I give it a week to recover and I start to flower it.
Three weeks more go by this plant looks GOOD! Im going to have the largest harvest yet! Main cola looks good. Water changing time again so I get my girlfriend to help me No More Mistakes like it getting knocked over. Change the water no roblem she helps me get the plant back in water. She hold the plant I lift the base back into bucket, well neither of use took into account the edge of the light as it turns out is very sharp. So we have given my chid a lobotomy we've cut the main cola in half. Ok harsh words where used panick has set in. Again a wait and see to my suprise it continues to flower!!! A couple of weeks go by the smell is strong it's getting sticky and it grow a new bud over to the side Hot damn. I noticed that a lot of water was gone from bucket so I stepped up and decided to change the water every four days rather then six.
I changed the water the next day I fly back to the state we left on business and am driving straight back so we are talking a 24 hour turn around. All goes as expected I am home. I go in to check on my Plants all look good Except for my baby. I gently take it out of the bucket See that all the water is gone! And th roots are not looking good. Ok now I've stepped in it! So I put water in and a light nutrient returned it to its room. Again wait and see sadly It did not recover
I harvested it, Got about 3 ounces out of it. And ITS GOOD! But I know I could have gotten a bigger yeild if I had not made so many stupid mistakes.
I have since updated to a 55 gallon reservoir system.
Good weed that could have been great
semi ok yield that would have been my biggest.
Live and learn! That's life

The late 80's, All Saints Road area West London.

I had finished scoring 120 quid worth of hash. Walked away and was making my way towards my then fiancées car three or so streets away where he was parked waiting for me. I was half way back to the car when an irritated rasta man shouted something about bloody police. I looked across the street to see who was shouting, and out of the corner of my eye saw 3 or so people come running into the mouth of the street I was halfway up. Without breaking my stride I used only my wrists to throw the hash which was in my hands down into the basement flat I was walking past. I continued to walk and 30 or so seconds later was tapped on the shoulder and asked to 'stop! Police'.

I swivelled round in mock surprise and asked them what I could help them with. They looked at each other confused, told me they would have to search me. I said of course, but may I ask what this is about? They said I had gone into a known drug dealing establishment, and they had reason to believe I had purchased drugs. I acted all shocked and distressed.

To cut a long story short, they took me to their van, and even though I was perfectly happy to be searched in the van they decided to go and do it at the police station. They were really pissed off when a thorough search found no 'drugs' as they had clearly had surveillance inside the pub. They nearly had a sure thing. My life would have been ruined if they had found anything on me. I never bought weed off the street again.

And here I am self sufficiently growing my own stash in 2015

Not really my past experiences but i just wanted to share something I have seen recently on National Geographic. They have a show called Drugs INC. and it was about these cops who bust illegal grows in northern cali...the cop was talking like we just used satellite imagery to track the latest land plot and we are going to get these guys and blah blah blah...They dressed up like they were navy seals employing all kinds of tactical gear and when they were making their way to the grow they were pointing out signs of the illegal activity. They pointed at this makeshift greenhouse that was destroyed and they were like...Look at these guys not respecting the environment look at this as the cop uses his boots to spread apart the wrecked greenhouse and said "These guys are criminals" I'm thinking these Really?!?!? Seriously???
So they make their way closer and closer and they come across this reservoir that sits near the top of the hill and siphons water from a running creek and the cops are like "Look at this these criminals are messing up the environment and stealing water from the fish"
then as the cops approach the grow op they were like "Alright guys lock and load!!! we dont know what we are up against" Then this dog walks up to them with a big grin and tail wagging and they are like "Hey we have a renegade dog coming at us ready the pepper spray" "HIT EM WITH IT!!! MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!! So in the end they pepper sprayed this poor dog and he goes running off and then they pounce on the so called dangerous growers who were nothing more than two hippie dudes....all the while these cops were high fiving each other and talking about the good they are doing...i swear i have seen this episode in South Park before

Not really my past experiences but i just wanted to share something I have seen recently on National Geographic. They have a show called Drugs INC. and it was about these cops who bust illegal grows in northern cali...the cop was talking like we just used satellite imagery to track the latest land plot and we are going to get these guys and blah blah blah...They dressed up like they were navy seals employing all kinds of tactical gear and when they were making their way to the grow they were pointing out signs of the illegal activity. They pointed at this makeshift greenhouse that was destroyed and they were like...Look at these guys not respecting the environment look at this as the cop uses his boots to spread apart the wrecked greenhouse and said "These guys are criminals" I'm thinking these Really?!?!? Seriously???
So they make their way closer and closer and they come across this reservoir that sits near the top of the hill and siphons water from a running creek and the cops are like "Look at this these criminals are messing up the environment and stealing water from the fish"
then as the cops approach the grow op they were like "Alright guys lock and load!!! we dont know what we are up against" Then this dog walks up to them with a big grin and tail wagging and they are like "Hey we have a renegade dog coming at us ready the pepper spray" "HIT EM WITH IT!!! MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!! So in the end they pepper sprayed this poor dog and he goes running off and then they pounce on the so called dangerous growers who were nothing more than two hippie dudes....all the while these cops were high fiving each other and talking about the good they are doing...i swear i have seen this episode in South Park before

LOL that is a funny story :rofl::rofl::rofl: irritating but funny. Pepper sprayed the dog and approached the grow with drawn arms. The way you described it, they thought they were busting an operation in the film Scarface :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It is funny, but at the same time it saddens me...It saddens me that those two guys who were harmless and were living off the land are now thrown in jail with hardened criminals..It saddens me that people are so misinformed and brain washed and want to impose their own version of laws as the see fit....I mean in reality what is the real crime here?? That they are gardeners? By that logic then they should arrest every farmer i know cause they are committing the crime of agriculture. Cops man they piss me off when they have to justify their budgets

I was one of those two guys in my late teens. (non adult) People usually choose that profession cause of there joy of power and control. Glad I was a juvenile and I got to many tales to pick one. Cool thread.

I was one of those two guys in my late teens. (non adult) People usually choose that profession cause of there joy of power and control. Glad I was a juvenile and I got to many tales to pick one. Cool thread.
Funny thing you mentioned that aspect of their job as babylon, power and control. When i was growing up and my parents were stressing me out to choose a career, i was looking into joining the army or babylon. I thought hey just do your job go home and not worry about it then i talked to a few of them and even some of my friend's dad gave me some advice, in the end i chose not to be a cop because i saw what that career does to you, it turns you into a distrusting, jaded, old grump, that will only get along with other distrusting, jaded, old grumps. I understand that they have to deal with liars all the time but i can never be one of them.

I live in Northern California, in one of the most oppressive counties in the state: Shasta.
I have also been a victim of one of these assaults. I was in a collective dropping off some clones (about 200) when a SWAT team swooped in. I've never seen or experienced anything like it.

The good news is that the trial just ended and the defendants were found NOT guilty of all charges, which were numerous and serious.
Now the civil trials begin. They will be seeking damages for false arrest, return of the property that was stolen, and attorneys fees.

The women and patients of Planet Herb seek justice.

I live in Northern California, in one of the most oppressive counties in the state: Shasta.
I have also been a victim of one of these assaults. I was in a collective dropping off some clones (about 200) when a SWAT team swooped in. I've never seen or experienced anything like it.

The good news is that the trial just ended and the defendants were found NOT guilty of all charges, which were numerous and serious.
Now the civil trials begin. They will be seeking damages for false arrest, return of the property that was stolen, and attorneys fees.

The women and patients of Planet Herb seek justice.

Are you near Mount Shasta?? I watched documentaries about mount shasta and heard it is a holy and serene place...looks beautiful!!!

Are you near Mount Shasta?? I watched documentaries about mount shasta and heard it is a holy and serene place...looks beautiful!!!

I am in Redding, about 100 mi south of Mt. Shasta.
I deliver to a couple of collectives there, and, yes, it is beautiful. Reminds me of Berkeley in the 60's - kinda. It's an old rail road town. Now home to world class fly fishing and great skiing (if it wasn't for the drought).

I was carrying in a tray of clones to a collective once and a local cop held the door open for me. Blew me away ... thought I was walking into the middle of a raid, but, no, he just "stopped by to say hi to the owner".

Wish it was like that in Redding (Shasta County). The cops here are Nazi's - real gang bangers.

~ Auggie ~

Yea, the people up there are, um, different. Kind of like Berkeley in the 60's kind of different. I think there is something in the water ... but they grow some mighty fine herb. Growing in the mountains is a challenge sometimes - we got a foot of snow yesterday. Woe to the farmer who put his crops out early.

I actually got to take a ride in one of those UFO's - they don't call it that though, they call it an IFO because THEY know what it is. It was just a single engine transport, but it was a turbocharged power pack with three quarter racing cam, rack and pinion suspension and a four speed Hurst shifter - and handled nicely.

The pilot was cute. We burned a bowl and put it on auto pilot and jumped in the back seat to join the 100 mile high club. It was a fun afternoon. I think I still have her number somewhere.

~ Auggie ~

hi grow room as you can see this is a new experience for me everything so far is working out for me. my first time growing I ended up with a lot of male plants but we know where they end up going I have stepped up my game buy ordering seeds from High Grade Seeds- High Grade Marijuana/Cannabis Seeds, and the results the service was great and the products being used is a success. off to the races I go wish me luck!

1978 in Southern Illinois. We had too many plants out and it kind of became a full time job. We had gone down into ditches and dug out sumps that would hold water all through the 100 plus degree summer. We had plants all over his Dad's, uncle's and neighbors farms and fencerows. You really didn't have much helicopter problems then just once a year in the fall. But we had become like Radar Oreilly on the old MASH TV show and we were really tuned into air traffic sounds. So one evening in September we are out looking and drooling over the buds that we have growing when all of a sudden we hear.... "Shhhhhooooooosh" Shhhhhhooooooshhhh" " What the Ef is that?" We are both camo'd up and we flatten out in the brush and lay low..... "Shoooooosh" Really close now! "What the heck is that?" I whisper to my Buddy. I slowly roll over onto my back and about 40 feet above the field that we are in is a hot air Balloon looking for a place to land!! We had to hold our breath to keep from laughing! A combination relief and the comic look on each others face. The balloon ended up landing in a neighbors hay field and the sound we heard was the pilot hitting his burner to keep altitude. By the way we ended up harvesting a gravity feed corn wagon full of weed which we picked by riding on the combine cutting corn until we'd get to plants then stop jump off and make a pile behind us. Then later we came out with another tractor and the wagon and loaded them up. Ahhhh the good old days of youth!

Back
Top Bottom