Pot costs too much!.Why?

Re: Pot costs too much!...Why?

i would never ever pay 20 for .6 of a fucking gram... you're crazy

Stoner4Life said:
I think that upon legalization a self imposed tax (you'd buy them at the USPS) might allow you to grow your own. If the govt. told you that for $30.00 per plant grown you owe that tax or if caught face jail time, I'd buy that cheap ass tax stamp.
And yes ......we're too early in the stages of med mj to be allowing all of the patients to grow. States will decide I'm sure upon the current successes of their new programs when to allow more patients to grow.......:peace:

Hopefully, what you speak of will one day come true. :peace:

Jri5002 said:
you can buy a gram of keif in amsterdam (legal) for the same price as a gram of headies in DE (ilegal).... you do the math

But whats the differnce in money? Is one US dollar equivilent to one US Dollar in Amsterdam? I doubt it. So you need to put that into factor. Also, cost of supplys/ease of gaining supplys.

SX420 said:
But whats the differnce in money? Is one US dollar equivilent to one US Dollar in Amsterdam? I doubt it. So you need to put that into factor. Also, cost of supplys/ease of gaining supplys.

the cost of a gram of keif is equal to roughly 20 usd in amsterdam.

RooRman said:
Hopefully, what you speak of will one day come true. :peace:

such a negative nelly. sheesh. I posed the question to see if there was more people like me. Who want a change, not nessicicicicarilly for the same reason but that we want the same outcome.

so by all of your Arguemnets you stand to think that weed is better of illegal and you would gladly take a 10 year prison sentance, to say no to a dealer?

I'm not saying thats what it should cost. I'm saying in my area of Brooklyn (where I am from, I mean), .6 (.7 if the dealer is nice) is average for a 20 piece.

It sucks. But hey, I only visit for about a week at a time. I don't know what I would do if I lived in Brooklyn again.

Simple economics - the laws of supply and demand determine the price of any good or service. The illegality of weed reduces the supply available to the average consumer, so the equilibrium price rises. If you read the first chapter of any economics textbook, you'll understand this more fully - I don't know how to describe this very well...

Okay...............

The reason why it is expensive is:

Its illegal
Risk
Energy used
Time
Being bothered
and of course profit.

Your points are all valid....but...its simple supply and demand...theory. At this moment in time in comparrison to other whole sale products available such as E, weed in low in demand. So in theory and reality.....expensive. THe volume increases........the price goes down...simple.

Would it be cheaper if it got legalised??? HELL NO. Certainly the British government would take the oportunity to lay heavy taxes on such an idea. Again in theory...replacing tabbacco as the NHS self funder....which it does by the way if you know your economics. Because it is so high in demand...they can tax accordingly....so there will be always the black market to fall back on...as there is for tobacco and drink.

In conclusion do i think its too expensive?? Nah.....time and effort went into its production...consider it like supporting your local farmer...not you low grade giant cooperative!

:allgood::allgood::allgood:

Back
Top Bottom